Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Steadicam Smoothee for iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S" and save 23% off the $169.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Steadicam Smoothee for iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S
- Designed to fit the iPhone 4
- Gives extremely smooth bounce free video
- I Phone mount can be used as table top tripod
- Durable construction
- Comfortable ergonomic grip
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||0 x 0 x 0 inches|
|Item Weight||0 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||2.78 pounds|
|Style Name||iPhone 4|
Style: iPhone 4
Top Customer Reviews
1. It's light, around 5 lbs which is great if you don't want your arm to tire out but the smallest wind or tap will still shake the camera.
2. You're supposed to "guide" the camera by using your thumb to keep it positioned the way you want. This contact added shake to the camera but is needed to keep the camera from drifting while you move with it. A cotton ball affixed to the thumb area with some 2 sided tape provided enough cushion against the thumb contact but still gave the needed control for shooting.
3. Practice, practice, practice. The pros have been doing it for years, don't expect feature film quality your first outing.
4. If you shoot video with an iphone and you want to actually move and have the end result be watchable? Buy this.
I have been waiting years for something like this, and they did not let me down. Once again, you need to practice with it, but the quality and watch-ability of what you shoot will increase X 10.
Shipping was prompt and the packaging is professional. Out of the box this thing was great. With minimal weight adjustment it let me create nice swooping video with my go pro.
Here's a pro level hack for this thing. You can mod it to use any light handheld camera without damaging the Steadicam. All you need is the tripod Go Pro piece GoPro Tripod Mount for HERO Cameras, a short piece of 1/4" threaded rod, and a bolt. Just go to your local hardware store with the tripod mount and find the one that fits.
1. Attach the go pro base into the Smoothee
2. Use the bolt "instead of the GoPro bolt/knob" to attach the end of the tripod mount that the gopro would normally attach to. "Interlocking fingers" To find out what size screw you need just take the knob with you when you go to the hardware store for the rod and get a bolt the same size. The plastic knob is too big, but you still the threaded bolt part.
3. Thread in the 1/4" rod. I found about an inch to be the right length. Thread a nut onto the rod down to the tripod mount to secure it.
Now you have a smoothee with a standard 1/4" mount that any camera can screw onto.
I've used this mod with my Kodak ZI8 and my canon handheld with the same results as the go pro. Nice smooth action.
I'm biased. I've been playing with the prototypes for over a year. And I made their official video demos.
See the "Worlds Of Smoothee" on Vimeo (17824739). This was done with a near-production prototype.
Yesterday Steadicam gave me one of the first actual production units. To my hand, it feels significantly smoother than the preproduction unit.
This gizmo makes the iPhone into a real tool. iPhone 4 + Smoothee = Wow.
You'll have to practice with it, since the way it works is sooo very different from anything else you've worked with. But when the switch inside your head clicks, you will be shooting outright marvelous video with your iPhone. See my more extensive review on it here:[...]
Something to note: The individual camera holders are pre-balanced and each has a tripod socket. Shoot time-lapse!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
IT'S OK, TO PROPRIETARY. DOESN'T FIT OTHER CAMERAS OR PROFILES. YOU NEED LOTS OF PRACTICE. BUY ONE USED AND SAVE MONEY WHEN YOU REALIZE IT'S NOT THAT NECESSARY FOR GREAT VIDEO.Published 7 months ago by J
I have been using this for a few years now with my iPhone 4s. I use it all the time when filming video and surpasses expectations! Read morePublished 9 months ago by S. Ibrahim
First off, Steadicams have a high learning curve but this type of equipment is what you see in the big screen with the floating on air type of footage. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Dare 2 Live
Nice quality. Very time consuming to balance and if you remove the quick release camera plate, you have to rebalance the entire thing. Read morePublished 12 months ago by sadkomodo
I can't use it for anything more than slow pans and still shots. Useless in the wind.Published 13 months ago by Jamy Vogel
It is AWESOME.... Works GREAT WITH MY GOPRO HERO 4. Personally never tried it with an iPhone, just bought a iPhone 6 plus, hopefully they come out with a mount for that... Read morePublished 14 months ago by jonathan
I really wanted to like this thing but could not get it work as smooth as I would like it to. They said you need to use it a while and get the hang of it but I never could get it... Read morePublished 15 months ago by Mical B