"Austin Kleon is positively one of the most interesting people on the Internet... Kleon makes an articulate and compelling case for combinatorial creativity and the role of remix in the idea economy."
"Breezy and fun and yes, scary. Scary because it calls your bluff."
"A quick, easily digestible read that is particularly relevant in today's digital world."
"Filled with well-formed advice that applies to nearly any kind of work."
“Immersing yourself in Steal Like an Artist is as fine an investment in the life of your mind as you can hope to make.” – TheAtlantic.com
“Steal Like An Artist is an actually readable manifesto on how to properly squeeze your brain-juices and unlock your potential.” -- Thrillist
From the Back Cover
- Steal like an artist.
- Don’t wait until you know who you are to get started.
- Write the book you want to read.
- Use your hands.
- Side projects and hobbies are important.
- The secret: do good work and share it with people.
- Geography is no longer our master.
- Be nice. (The world is a small town.)
- Be boring. (It’s the only way to get work done.)
- Creativity is subtraction.