5.0 out of 5 stars Dryer ball
This dryer ball is great! Love it! It made my laundry soft and static free. It also removes wrinkles. It is a great product. Highly recommended.
Published on November 16, 2010 by SJT

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than Mister Steamy
My sister loves her Mister Steamy. She said her beloved Mister Steamy cost about $20 & has to be replaced after a certain amount of time (I think 3 or 4 months).

Alternatively, I purchased a Steam Mate. It is a similar product with lower price than Mister Steamy. The description claims "it's reusable forever" which can't be beat.

Pros: Eliminates...
Published on October 18, 2010 by Review Girl

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than Mister Steamy, October 18, 2010
This review is from: Steam Mate Dryer Steam Ball

Pros: Eliminates static cling completely (no need for dryer sheets), uses tap water, helps with wrinkles if you promptly fold while laundry still somewhat warm, Price only $12, smaller than looks, never needs replacing

Cons: Smells bad (like chemicals / plastic - though clothes don't seem to take on the odor), sponge isn't very absorbent (this may be intentional?), very loud (even with dryer full of sheets) banging against dryer walls, if you left a load in the dryer overnight (whoops!) it won't take those wrinkles out fully.

I'm still on the fence about this product. I suppose if I had it to do again I would purchase Mister Steamy (or nothing) instead.

3.0 out of 5 stars Steam Mate Dryer Ball, November 9, 2010
This review is from: Steam Mate Dryer Steam Ball
I was a little disappointed... it started to separate while in the dryer and all the water evaporated too quick. Although it does not indicate "how much
to moisten" - maybe I didn't use enough H2O -
Thank you!

Marcia

5.0 out of 5 stars Dryer ball, November 16, 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't do all that much, May 28, 2011
This review is from: Steam Mate Dryer Steam Ball
Bought a Steam Mate Dryer Steam Ball as an impulse buy.
Tried it right after getting it home - Following the directions wetting the little sponge in the middle of the ball I first tried it with a blouse that needed a bit of freshening and then on a t-shirt that was a little crumpled looking. Hung both up as soon as they came out of the dryer. As far as I could tell, it didn't do a thing more than would have been accomplished had I just tossed either item in the dryer by themselves for a few minutes.

The positive about this ball is that it does work quite well as a dryer ball keeping the clothes fluffy -

Unless it's put into a full load it clunks around in the dryer making a LOT of noise

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, June 12, 2014
This review is from: Steam Mate Dryer Steam Ball
Not what I expected. Too noisy in the dryer. Does not hold enough water to steam clothes. Needs to be round like a ball.

1.0 out of 5 stars don't waste your money, July 18, 2013
This review is from: Steam Mate Dryer Steam Ball
don't waste your money this product doesn't work, I have put this thing in my dryer and clothes took longer to dry and it came all wrinkles i think even worse than when i didn't use this thing. I tried 3 times and same results more drying time and more wrinkles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets the Wrinkles Out Fast, August 21, 2014
This review is from: Steam Mate Dryer Steam Ball
Gets the wrinkles out of clothes GREAT! I leave clothes in the dryer a lot and with a quick refresher cycle using this steam ball, your clothes come out wrinkle-free in no time.

1.0 out of 5 stars What's the "THING" made from?, January 30, 2013
This review is from: Steam Mate Dryer Steam Ball
OK, I have been sprinkling water on cloths forever to do what this does easier. Menards had it on sale 2 for $3. So I bought it for $1.50. And I notice some people online are trying to sell it for over $11.00 each. It has a very hard outer blue shell but with the heat in the dryer the material become more like a semi- soft rubber. The noise wasn't so bad after it got toasty. This made me question what the material is made from. What chemicals, bases and binders are used. I checked the package (While wondering to myself why I didn't inspect the contents before I purchased it?). Well it's not interesting but alarming. There is no company listed and not any kind of contact information whatsoever. Also no information on the contents of the product itself but does admit it's made in China. Well we all know that country has terrible issues concerning toxic contents of all sorts of things. Lead came to mind and then there were the flood of other violations that followed as I was thinking. Yeah, since they don't disclose, it's likely a toxic egg shaped mix of industrial castoffs that comprise this thing. Just think; If it is then it's spreading those compounds all over the dryer and cloths. Now how do I get it off? Remember it's not complying with information of any kind other than it's made in China.

4.0 out of 5 stars I really like this product, August 19, 2014
This review is from: Steam Mate Dryer Steam Ball
I really like this product. After a while it does fall apart, but still for me it beats using fabric softener & dryer sheets. So this is how I use it. I have a tall plastic glass in my laundry room, put the steam ball in the cup, with the hole of the steam ball facing up, fill it above the top of the ball with tap water. You'll see it floating, the floating means the sponge in it is not full of water. I push the sponge all the way down, it then absorbs as much water as it can hold. Place it in the dryer with my clothes and start drying. It is noisy. If you take your clothes out right away, hanging them up or folding them while they are warm, it does remove a lot of the wrinkles. Plus my clothes seem to come out softer, kind of like when you use to hang them on the line outside whipping in the wind. There are a few exceptions, some clothing no matter what come out really wrinkled, but this is fabric and from the fibers and chemicals that make up that fabric. On shirts that come out wrinkled on the cuffs, collar & at the button & button holes are, what I do is hang them up straight from the dryer, then I take clothes pins, straighten out the wrinkle and place a clothes pin on the fabric over the wrinkles. Once the heat on the fabric has cooled off then remove the clothes pins and it looks pretty good. I hate to iron, so this gets me by, works most the time but not on ever thing. Also, when you take them out of a hot dryer and are planning on using them right away, just place it in that cup of water, and because they are heated they will absorb the water without having to push the sponge down. I use two of these at a time. Like I said, there are some no matter what that are sill going to wrinkle. Plus you don't have all the chemicals from fabric softener & dryer sheets exposed to your skin. My sister saw mine & bought some, then her son started using them. Mine last about 8 months or more, even when they crack you can still use them till they get really bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 13, 2014
Sara Maxwell (MOUNT VERNON, OH, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Steam Mate Dryer Steam Ball
This really helps with eliminate wrinkles.

Steam Mate Dryer Steam Ball