Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 11:30:44 PM PST
Is this copy going to work on steam?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:41:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 9:42:14 AM PST
A customer says:
The game is available for pre-order on Amazon, and it is also available for pre-purchase on Steam. I do not know if the retail disk copy is going to require Steam or not.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:25:43 PM PST
MD says:
I doubt it. Ubi has there own system called uplay. Even if you get it on Steam you'll probably still have to go through uplay. This is how Assassins Creed Rev works.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 4:29:28 PM PST
R. Hamilton says:
Doesn't look like the retail box will activate on Steam (the game itself is not a Steamworks title). But according to this, the downloadable version *might*. In that case it makes more sense just to buy on Steam to get the pre-order bonus. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=33317702&postcount=4

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 8:19:38 AM PST
This is not a steam game. I called Ubisoft to verify and only the version purchased within Steam will use Steam. All other versions work outside of Steamworks. I cancelled my Amazon order and have preordered via Steam.

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 3:26:07 PM PST
Sorlac says:
So you screwed yourself into using steam, instead of getting a version that doesn't have to use it? We live in a strange world indeed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 8:13:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 1, 2013 8:14:24 AM PST
A customer says:
Steam is WAY BETTER than Uplay and Origin. I was hoping Far Cry 3 would have Steam. Either way my Uplay would not work so my game would not work. I sent the game back for a refund.

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 3:30:00 PM PST
J. C. Danko says:
Got to wonder what's going on with a big discount for the box/DL version from Amazon while Steam is still getting list.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 12:48:28 PM PST
John Mark says:
2 Questions... 1) Does this game launch via Steam, Uplay, or Origin? I have all three installed on my pc, so no problem there. 2) Is it true that this (Amazon) version doesn't have Steam support?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 1:03:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 1, 2013 1:15:54 PM PST
A customer says:
1. The game launches through Uplay, but it can be purchased on Steam. Whether the Steam version launches through Uplay I do not know.

2. Not really sure what you mean here. The game is published by Ubisoft, so the only support it receives is through Ubisoft. If you purchase the Steam version and you have a problem Steam will most likely ignore your requests because this is a third party title on Steam and it is not created or published by Steam. So no, the retail copy that you order through Amazon is not installed through Steam, SADLY.

Good luck to you!

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 1:39:48 PM PST
John Mark says:
@Hawk23 Thanks for clarifying that for me. I know this is published by Ubisoft, but I was hoping that it was the Steam version and not Uplay. I don't mind Uplay, but Steam is a MUCH better game client, imo.
I'll be getting the game anyways.

Happy gaming!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 10:17:36 AM PST
A customer says:
Oh yes, I couldn't agree with you more! I don't really prefer ANY kind of DRM, but Steam I can contend with. Steam is by far the best online requirement, in my opinion.

Thanks for your regards, and happy gaming to you as well.

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 7:43:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2014 7:44:16 PM PST
Max says:
I have many games I've purchased and run through Steam. Personally, I think Steam's support sucks!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Far Cry 3 - PC forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 21, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Far Cry 3 - PC
Far Cry 3 - PC by Ubisoft (Windows Vista / XP)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (365)