Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2012 10:24:35 PM PST
Is this able to be activated in Steam if bought from Amazon?

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 9:32:46 AM PST
All of my codes went into Steam with no problem.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 2:43:26 PM PST
liz says:
Same, I activated all mine through Steam.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:49:06 PM PST
Thank you for the response! I am glad to hear that if I get this I can activate it through steam, where I have my other Civ game at.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 12:18:46 PM PST
Do this play on windows 7?

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 4:18:56 PM PST
John M says:
Can you activate the games individually? So can I gift the Civ V code to someone else?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:44:37 PM PST
Yes you can, just give them the number to put into Steam and it will activate and download.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:43:11 PM PST
John M says:
Thanks Jessica!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 8:42:01 PM PST
B.L. says:
Downloadable games on Amazon that say "DRM: Steam" are activated through steam. There are also some games that use Origin, and some that don't use DRM at all (which is the best scenario to get).

There are also some games (EA stuff) where you can buy the Steam game, then take the CD key that Steam generates for you and register it as your game on Origin, so that you have it on both (EA really really wants to draw people to Origin bad, but generally people don't like the service much and don't trust EA as much as they trust Valve)

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:57:20 PM PST
I was wondering if when redeeming in steam, if you can get the mac version for these games instead? Do they allow you a choice of which one to download.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:39:46 PM PST
B.L. says:
If you look at Civilization V, at least, it's marked as a "SteamPlay" game, which means buy it once and you can play it on either Mac or PC as you please. Civilization IV has the same label.

You can check the Steam site for more info on the others, I didn't look the rest up.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 4:56:04 PM PST
Thank B.L. purchasing now...

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 10:33:17 PM PST
GreenLant3rn says:
Mr I Hart Fox Mulder can you confirm if this bundle does allow access to Civ 5 and Gods & Kings for Mac devices? I have been trying to get an answer to this.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about