4.0 out of 5 stars It is a new process - but works great
I learned how to iron in the Army, putting creases on my uniforms each Sunday night before I go to work. And I was pretty good at it. But I always thought there had to be a better way. This is a great product and I imagine as an appliance, one is probably comparable to the other, the difference being price and features.
The trick, and perhaps the reason for some...
Published on August 30, 2006 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for Umpa-Lumpas -- Too Small for Real People
Alright, I'm in the military and spend too many hours a day ironing my uniform. In what seemed like a grand attempt to cut this back, I thought that the SteamFast SP-660 would help. But, there were a couple of issues with the machine.

First, a side note. For some reason Amazon will not ship this item to an APO address (military stationed overseas). So, I had to...
Published on February 23, 2006 by JF

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 410 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, User Friendly, March 8, 2007
This review is from: SteamFast SP-660 Table Top Steam Press (Kitchen)
Works just fine for my needs ... I use it to press my 'wrinkle-free' Dockers. The water container for the steam is a bit awkward to fill . . . but once it is filled it lasts a good long time. Heavy duty, well-constructed , dependable unit. First package 'disappeared' at UPS. When they shipped the first machine, it was evidently damaged and returned back to Amazon by UPS. (probably due to the thin cardboard used for packing) The replacement shipment arrived just fine, and, as always Amazon customer service very helpful on shipping replacement while first package was still 'lost'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product, March 15, 2007
This review is from: SteamFast SP-660 Table Top Steam Press (Kitchen)
This press does exactly what you would think it would. It does take a little bit to learn how to place the fabric so you do not end up with wrinkles. You get a professional look without going to the cleaners. Much better than standing at an ironing board with an iron.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just perfect, December 17, 2006
This review is from: SteamFast SP-660 Table Top Steam Press (Kitchen)
I worked in a laundry and dry cleaners when I was in college so I knew the principle operating techniques of this item but it still takes practice, to learn positioning of the items and to keep from burning yourself. No it isn't as large as the ones in the laundry but where would you store that thing any way and did you really think it would sell for under 2 hundred dollars? It works just as the instructions say, just takes time to learn, don't give up and soon you will be able to press very quickly. I can do about a dozen garments in an hour and I don't repress with an iron.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that great, May 12, 2007
This review is from: SteamFast SP-660 Table Top Steam Press (Kitchen)
Purchased item to make ironing faster and easier and it didn't. Maybe a bigger surface might work better.

4.0 out of 5 stars satisfied, October 8, 2006
This review is from: SteamFast SP-660 Table Top Steam Press (Kitchen)
The product works great and makes clothes look much better that an iron. The steam does not always work, but this doesn't affect the results. It seems like much less work than ironing.I am very satisfied!

3.0 out of 5 stars A few problems; still useful, May 26, 2007
dave "dave" (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SteamFast SP-660 Table Top Steam Press (Kitchen)
The first one got smashed in shipping, and a second one was shipped. I have used it for a few months so far, 5 shirts a week. Press does not get hot enough to make steam reliably except on hottest "linen" setting, so I use the spray bottle. Under the cloth cover, an aluminum coating on the board wore off on the edges and brown stuff from the board oozed through the cloth cover onto my clothes, which was fixed by putting aluminum foil on the board. The hinge at the back pinches fabric and has put holes in two of my shirts. There is no marked temperature setting for "polyester". Still worthwhile to use; Next I will get a bigger one.

2.0 out of 5 stars steamfast sp 660, September 9, 2005
This review is from: SteamFast SP-660 Table Top Steam Press (Kitchen)
I received this item with no instructions,no warranty card and missing a part. Kept it anyway, too much work to send it back. It works ok on pants and t shirts, can't use it on man tailored shirts.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not pleased, May 18, 2007
This review is from: SteamFast SP-660 Table Top Steam Press (Kitchen)
I had to return this Table Top Steam Press. I thought it much bigger than it really was. The Prss worked just fine, it was too small for what I wanted it for...Thanks...Bob

4.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up!!, February 19, 2007
This review is from: SteamFast SP-660 Table Top Steam Press (Kitchen)
I love this machine. While it does take some getting used to it sure does make ironing a breeze. Yes, the ironing space is a bit smaller than I'd like it to be but hey, at this price I can't really complain.

4.0 out of 5 stars SteamFast SP-660, March 3, 2006
This review is from: SteamFast SP-660 Table Top Steam Press (Kitchen)
I have purchases several irons in my life and have always thought there was a better way to iron. I believe I found that when I purchased the SteamFast SP-660. I've been able to use on a variety of items from Jeans to nylon shorts and dress shirts. It does a wonderful job on the big areas but I haven't mastered the small hard to reach places like around pant pockets or the upper side of a dress shirt on the back side (shoulder blade area). It does speed the ironing process a lot. I'm not sure that the steam does its job. I do keep a water bottle handy and that works great. All in all I'm glad I purchased it. I hope it lasts for at least the next 5 years and then I will totally sold that it was the right purchase for me.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 410 | Next ›