4.0 out of 5 stars Great for applying to steampunk stuff
My son wanted these gears for his costume. They are made of metal and vary in color. Some are silver, some brass, and another steampunk color I can't identify. The gears vary in size also. Some are smaller than a dime and some are as big as a silver dollar. There seemed to be at least two of each kind of gear, so that is good for symmetrical designs.

They look...
Published on May 3, 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Max Diameter: 1 and 3/8 of an inch (1.375 inches)
The bag contains 20 gears and the gears look like cast metal brass and sheet metal brass.

There are 10 cast metal gears (1/16th of an inch thick) and 10 sheet metal gears (paper thin).

The bag contains 2 gears for each of the following sizes: (Units are in inches)

Cast Metal: 1 and 3/8, 1 and 3/16, 1, 3/4, 3/8 (in 16ths: 22/16, 19/16,...
Published 14 months ago by Scott Suhmann

3.0 out of 5 stars Max Diameter: 1 and 3/8 of an inch (1.375 inches), July 15, 2013
Scott Suhmann (Vineland, NJ USA) - See all my reviews

The bag contains 2 gears for each of the following sizes: (Units are in inches)

Cast Metal: 1 and 3/8, 1 and 3/16, 1, 3/4, 3/8 (in 16ths: 22/16, 19/16, 16/16, 12/16, 6/16)

Sheet Metal: 1 and 3/8, 3/4, 7/16, 3/8, 5/16 (in 16ths: 22/16, 12/16, 7/16, 6/16, 5/16)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for applying to steampunk stuff, May 3, 2012
Amazon Customer (Broomfield, Colorado) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Steampunk Bag of Gears Standard (Apparel)

They look nice. I doubt that you could actually use them to build a functional something, but they are great for costuming, which was the intent.

4.0 out of 5 stars At least it's better than Incubus, June 30, 2012
This review is from: Steampunk Bag of Gears (Toy)
I had just got this product in the mail today and am satisfied as to what it gave me compared to the customer reviews.

Pros:

Realistic look
Variety
Each gear has a double
Gears are very durable
Package arrived like when Gandalf arrived, exactly when it meant to.
__________________
Pro or con:

Light weight
Gears are metal
Gears are very hard to bend (Amon would be satisfied)
__________________
Cons:

Package may break, thus some parts may be discarded or fallen out of package
To follow on that last one, the packaging was open (the bag, not the box) and most of the gears were fumbling around inside the shipping box. Luckly it had only lost one, the smallest piece.
The gears mostly don't fit in eachother (even though it's fake, it would be a nice feature)

Overall I rate this a 4/5, it's good, not great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bag of Gears, June 7, 2012
I've ordered gears from several different places, and this is one of the first places I've found with a consistent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Shipping and Just what I needed!, October 26, 2011
This review is from: Steampunk Bag of Gears Standard (Apparel)
In putting my costume together for this Halloween I ran into some problems with other sellers taking a VERY long time to ship items that obviously are needed for a specific deadline. I ordered these two days ago and have them in hand. (please keep in mind that both times I used 2nd day air shipping)
Thanks again. My costume is going to rock!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gears galore!, December 3, 2012
I do quite a bit of Steampunk art (and gears DO not make Steampunk what it really is) and these various gears were just what I needed for a couple of the projects that I was doing. They are nicer than just getting the watch parts, which I have been using for years as they are larger and more tactile. I am sure I will be ordering these again soon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, but not great, November 23, 2012
This review is from: Steampunk Bag of Gears Standard (Apparel)
Not many gears in the bag for what you pay. not really functional but heavier than what I've found in the craft stores around here. The paint looks a bit cheap, will have to use rub n buff on several pieces before showing them off in public. The filigree and smaller gears are quite nice though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Crafts, March 6, 2012
This review is from: Steampunk Bag of Gears Standard (Apparel)
I didn't buy these off amazon, instead I bought them at a store near me. They're good metal gears that come with both small, tiny pieces and bigger pieces. the bigger pieces are about the size of a quarter and a little bigger for a couple of them.
Only reason I didn't give it full stars is because there's small imperfections in some of them. I would like to buy more in the future for more crafts :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, November 26, 2012
I wish I could find bigger cogs and gears, but these were the largest I could find and they did work very well for my Steampunk costume and accessories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, May 19, 2014
This review is from: Steampunk Bag of Gears Standard (Apparel)
Better than I expected. I can't wait to put these on everything. I like that there were really really tiny ones. You should definitely buy!

Steampunk Bag of Gears Standard