4.0 out of 5 stars Expansion set, buyer beware.
Published on January 17, 2011 by JATO457

3.0 out of 5 stars Average Train for Beginners
Published on January 6, 2009 by Justa Thought

4.0 out of 5 stars Expansion set, buyer beware., January 17, 2011
This review is from: Steel Alloy EZ Layout Expander Set (Toy)
This is not actualy a complete train set, but an expansion for one of bachmann's own sets. This paticular set has the older, black roadbed with steel rails, so they need to be cleaned more than the newer slightly more expensive nickel silver. I bought this to expand my son's train set that we got at a swap meet, and it says it is supposed to come with remote switches (AKA turnouts, points.) but when we opened it it came with manual sitches. It also said it was supposed to some with 2 bumpers, we didn't get those. Maybe that was a packing error, but Bachmann was nice and sent us the bumpers. Overall, a great EXPANSION set. Not for people looking for a starter set, unless they are getting a starter set with this.

If I haven't stressed this enough I have heard reviews about this set saying "This set doesn't come with a train, it is only track" That is what it is supposed to be, not a complete set, but an EXPANSION set, designed to compliment a starter set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to the starte set, July 19, 2011
This review is from: Steel Alloy EZ Layout Expander Set (Toy)
I have read previous reviews about this expansion not having electric swichers. I ordered mine and the swichers are electric. The wires connect to the power supply on the accy side. when switching you flip the switch and tap the button and it works great. This is how they are supposed to work. If you hold the button down to long you will burn it out, just a one second tap is all that is needed. If you want to see how it works please visit BUBBA0725 on YOUTUBE and watch the short video of Nick's first train set with 3 switchers and the expansion st. If you have any questions please post them there and I will answer the best I can. 5 star review on this product from me. Happy modeling!

3.0 out of 5 stars Average Train for Beginners, January 6, 2009
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Steel Alloy EZ Layout Expander Set (Toy)
I would caution anyone who thinks their young child 5-7 could do this on their own. You have to be careful to get the pieces in just right or you will break them. If this is going to be a train for a child going through a phase then it is fine but this is definately not heirloom quaility. What is these days? My son is able to play with his grandfather's 50+ year old train but that won't be the case with this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading description, March 3, 2010
Jim (Everett, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Steel Alloy EZ Layout Expander Set (Toy)
Write up states one left and one right remote turn-outs. In reality, they are both 'MANUAL' turn-outs. I am returning this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seamless expansion, November 30, 2013
B. Hall (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Steel Alloy EZ Layout Expander Set (Toy)
We're beginners, started with a Christmas set last year and wanted to expand this year. Everything fits seamlessly with our Bachman set. So far so good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handle with care, March 12, 2013
This review is from: Steel Alloy EZ Layout Expander Set (Toy)
My son loves his trains, but you have to be extremely careful when disassembling the tracks as the metal ends bend very easily

4.0 out of 5 stars was a gift, January 11, 2014
This review is from: Steel Alloy EZ Layout Expander Set (Toy)
Bought as a gift for my 4 my grandson. He had no trouble using it to expand his oval layout on the floor.

5.0 out of 5 stars grandson's train layout, May 21, 2013
This review is from: Steel Alloy EZ Layout Expander Set (Toy)
purchased a gift for my grandson / son // all involved in possibly a lifelong hobby / (this item was at a train show this weekend past for nearly double the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Train lover's must have, March 2, 2013
This review is from: Steel Alloy EZ Layout Expander Set (Toy)
I got this for my son who is starting a layout. He was so excited and these tracks were a perfect addition to what he already had.

Steel Alloy EZ Layout Expander Set