Taking full advantage of the Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360*, Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor is an Xbox 360 exclusive First-Person Action game like no other. Using the Kinect Sensor players engage in mech style gameplay that promises to deliver a uniquely immersive experience and an evolution in warfare gaming. Features include a futuristic, yet low-tech military campaign dominated by hulking vertical tanks (VT), tank customization, the necessity of getting to know and protecting AI squadmates, and online multiplayer support via Xbox LIVE.
Set in 2082, Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor depicts a world devoid of semiconductors, where war is waged with rudimentary weapons as new superpowers struggle for dominance. In a twist of fate, the U.S. army has been forced to begin major landing operations on what was once its own soil. In this low-tech era, there is one weapon class that will determine the course of the war – the Vertical Tank (VT). Playing as pilot Lt. Powers, players control one such VT as he embarks on a mission that will see the action shift from North America to battlefields and war-torn streets across the globe.
Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor delivers an unprecedented level of control and interaction. VT movement, aiming and firing of the main guns are undertaken using the Xbox 360 controller. A wide variety of other combat-crucial actions are done through Kinect for Xbox 360 with upper body gestures - from starting the engine, to operating the scope or manning the turret-mounted machine gun. Kinect for Xbox 360 also provides a means of interacting with your fellow crew members. These range from ensuring a panicked crew member stays focused, to a high five for successfully completing a mission.
Online Co-op Play
Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor introduces a brand new four player online co-op mode via Xbox LIVE. Work together with your friends on a variety of maps to destroy a set amount of enemies and unlock new items to customize your VT with. In addition to this, you can unlock Xbox achievements by playing Score Attack mode where you and your friends will be rated based on performance.
Key Game Features
- Warfare Evolved - Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor provides a combination of First-Person Shooter (FPS) controller gameplay, with immersive gameplay elements that only Kinect can provide
- Take to the battlefield - Instill fear in the enemy as the pilot of a Vertical Tank (VT), but feel fear of death as you and your crew become the focus of the enemy's attacks
- Brothers in Arms - Utilize the Kinect Sensor* to engage with fellow VT crew members as you share the emotional highs and lows of the battlefield
- Unique universe - Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor is set in a world where the balance of power has been dramatically changed following a technology meltdown and once mighty nations are now reliant on human skill and courage to regain justice and freedom
- Innovation - As with the original Steel Battalion, Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor, once more demonstrates Capcom's commitment to take advantage of current technologies and push development boundaries to deliver unique and compelling gaming experiences
- Online Co-Op Multiplayer - Team up with up to four players on many different battlefields and work together to destroy the enemy and get the best score possible
Xbox 360 exclusive FPS play.
Online co-op multiplayer.
Get to know our squad.
Customize your vertical tank.
* Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360 is required for play.