The Lace series was a perfect read for me! It has amazing story-telling, just enough intrigue, a larger-than-life hero and off the charts sex scenes! It consists of 4 parts/novellas that combined make up a 300 page read.

Published 21 months ago by Avid Reader

3.0 out of 5 stars ...left me craving more!
Published 23 months ago by --Savy, Let's Misbehave Book R...

3.0 out of 5 stars ...left me craving more!, January 12, 2013
This review is from: Steel and Lace (Lace #1) (Kindle Edition)
This short story is hard to rate because it's literally the first six chapters of a book; the following chapters are scheduled to be published January 2013. Due to this it's an extreme cliff hanger. With that said, it left me craving more. I gave the book 3.5 stars because there are too many unknown details. I feel Steel and Lace (book 1) and Whiskey and Lace (book 2), combined, may be a great story, but at this point I am left unfulfilled. As an avid reader it's hard for me to read a small portion of a story, read other books, and then return and proceed where I left off.

The characters thus far are magnetic. Carter Morgan, the exceptionally hot billionaire/CEO is too familiar with getting what he wants; and he's good at getting it! Eva Austin seems to be a charismatic character, even tempered, and prefers to control her own destiny (again the book is short, so the characters have not been fully developed). Carter, who is known to favor models, swoops in and targets Eva, a fashion editor. Carter's possessive and controlled persona makes Eva unquestionably apprehensive and shy. Will she dive in head first to Carter's seduction? ...only the author knows, the book ended. Someone please grant me patience.

This book reminds me of Fifty Shades, Bared to You, and Knight; all these books are superb. The Lace series may be a good contender to these, but it's impossible to confirm this assumption until the remaining books are published.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cliff notes version of the Crossfire Series, February 4, 2013
This review is from: Steel and Lace (Lace #1) (Kindle Edition)
I didn't hate this book, but only because I love the Crossfire Series and this is basically the short version. There were way too many similarities. I was pretty disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea, April 9, 2013
This review is from: Steel and Lace (Lace #1) (Kindle Edition)
I read a lot and this one is okay. I wish there were fewer authors writing little chapters at a time leading you into a series. Can't anyone write a book and tell the entire story in 300 pages?

1.0 out of 5 stars No story line, March 29, 2013
This review is from: Steel and Lace (Lace #1) (Kindle Edition)
There was no story. It was basically 2 people meet and have sex. It was super choppy and poorly written.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars! Lace, book 1 of 4. Intense, whirlwind romance w/ an enigmatic, sexy & controlling billionaire playboy & sizzling sex!, March 6, 2013
This review is from: Steel and Lace (Lace #1) (Kindle Edition)

Carter Morgan - he is everything that I love in a hero; He is a beyond gorgeous and sexy, ultra rich and successful, controlling and dominant, entitled and ruthless (with stalker tendencies), untouchable and non-committal playboy alpha male... Well at least until he met Evangeline, of course... This is their story!

Steel and Lace - Book 1 (might contain spoilers)

Hero: Carter Jonathan Morgan/28 years old/billionaire/CEO-mogul-playboy/brown hair/steel blue eyes
Heroine: Evangeline Austin, "Eva"/26 years old/recent UMASS graduate-fashion website editor/dark brown hair/green eyes

From the moment their eyes met across a crowded room, they are captivated by each other. And so an intense whirlwind romance begins. Strap on your seatbelts! In this book 1 in the series we get to follow Carter and Evangeline during their initial meeting and then through several "chance" encounters culminating in well, you are just going to have to read for yourself! But I can hint that the sex is off the charts throughout this series.

Book 1 is the shortest of the four and it ends with a cliffhanger, but no worries because book 2, 3 and 4 have already been released.

Adriane Leigh is a terrific storyteller and Carter Morgan was beyond perfect. Eva impressed me with her strengths at times and annoyed me other times. I don't hold that against her though, because it's so easy for the heroine to get overshadowed when paired with strong alphas.

In book 1 there are a few edits needed such as several days instead of hours that threw off the timeline, but not enough to deduct any points from my overall rating.

QUOTES:
"Carter breaks hearts. Once you f**k him he'll drop you...."

"I hope you aren't fond of these," Carter ripped the delicate lace off of my body and shoved them into the pocket of his pants."

***
Story ending rating: TBA
Book editing rating (5 = no edits spotted): 4.5 stars
******************************
Overall rating: 5 stars

Would I recommend this series: Yes.
Would I re-read this series: Maybe later.
Would I read future books by this author: Yes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Enough, February 18, 2013
This review is from: Steel and Lace (Lace #1) (Kindle Edition)
This book was extremely short which I don't like. It also felt forced the characters weren't really developed enough to have any kind of connection with them. Also it felt as if all I was reading about was sex with a stranger. Will not be reading the rest of the series.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars... For Now, January 2, 2013
This review is from: Steel and Lace (Lace #1) (Kindle Edition)
Steel and Lace garnered a solid 3 stars from me... for now.

The story seems to have a solid plot, much in line with works by authors like Sylvia Day, featuring a young and very wealthy alpha-male. This wave of story line is currently flooding the market and some have become weary of these reads. But face it, these stories are still selling like hot cakes, so more of us like them than not, myself included. Sweep me off my feet? Yes please. I give into the fantasy quite willingly.

I anticipated this to be a short story, but it turns out that this is, instead, the first six chapters of what is intended as a novel. I enjoyed the read, but feel that I may have enjoyed it more if it actually was a short story; having been wrapped up somehow. I wish to note that the ONLY reason I feel this way is due to the fact that these first chapters seem rushed to me. I'd have liked more character building which I feel would have given more weight and substance to a promising story.

Seeing as how this is, as yet, an unfinished novel, I am looking past the additional editing that must be done. This includes some grammatical errors and jumbled sentences and/or misplacement of wording. I fully expect that these things will be taken care of before a final product is produced.

All that said, I am very much looking forward to finding out where the rest of the story will lead. I'm also looking forward to discovering what will bump may rating up to 4 or 5 stars. I believe that Adriane Leigh has the complete ability to deliver this and more to her readers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick and HOT!!, January 2, 2013
This review is from: Steel and Lace (Lace #1) (Kindle Edition)
**copy provided for honest review**
3.5 Stars

This book was a quick hot read! There are only six chapters so you really do not get a chance to establish a connection with the characters. But the little I did get of Carter Morgan..YUM! I want one of my own! I have to say I love me an alpha male, especially in the bedroom. And Mr. Morgan seems to deliver in that department. Throw in the fact he is rich and sexy? SCORE! He will have to work on his that overbearing bossy thing though..

Eva is new to town and is attending an event with her BFF/roommate, Cate. That is where she locks eyes with Carter the first time. The electricity between them with just one look is steamy! But with the model hanging on his arm,she figures she doesn't stand a chance. But he keeps popping up. He knows everything about her. Can you say stalker?!? But Eva can not deny the sparks that fly each time they come into contact with one another. What else is a girl to do but give in?!

The reason for only 3.5 stars is due to the length of the book. I know it is a novella but it seriously irked me how it ended right when things were getting good!! I will pick up the next one if the price is right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, January 28, 2013
This review is from: Steel and Lace (Lace #1) (Kindle Edition)
This series is amazing so far, I couldn't put this book down at all. Carter is so commanding, sensual, sexy and overall HOT that is very hard not to fall in love with him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Passion, Great Quick Read, January 13, 2013
This review is from: Steel and Lace (Lace #1) (Kindle Edition)
I highly enjoyed this. I'm a pretty picky romance reader, but when I saw that this was going to be a series romance, I was definitely in!

Like most romance readers, I'm sure you have a 'favorite hot scene' and this entire book is a 'favorite hot scene'. Definitely buy both the first and second installment of the book at the same time. The end of the book leaves you craving for more.

The characters are really starting to pop out for me, and in the second book you get a little more in-depth with the relationship. This is a great portrayal of how 'lust' could turn into 'love'!!!

If you are in the mood for something sexy, hot, fun, and quick to read get this! I don't have a lot of time on my hands to read a 900 page novel, so getting this in installments in a 'series' is great!

Steel and Lace (Lace #1)