5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of uses, arrives straight, great price, October 8, 2009
Music wire is used for various purposes by hobbyists, crafters, artists, and manufacturers. It's also known as piano wire.

It's hard, tough stuff, and it's difficult to cut to length. Ordinary wire cutting pliers aren't up to the job. You need special music wire snips, or you can do what hobbyists do and cut it with a Dremel Rotary Tool using a cutoff disc.

I was concerned about ordering lengths of this size from Amazon. I didn't expect it to survive shipping without getting a bend or two along the way. I fully expected to have to do some re-straightening.

Turns out I didn't have to. The wire arrived in perfectly straight condition. It was very well packed. I ordered five pieces, and they arrived in a durable cardboard shipping tube, and each wire was packed in its own clear plastic tube.

This is top quality material at a very good price, with the convenience of Amazon.com shipping. I'm glad Amazon offers it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small Parts,Inc.--- Mecca for the Weird, November 9, 2009
John B. Egert (Port of New Mexico) - See all my reviews
All right... if you have a berserk taste for the Tiny Life, you need to get to know Small Parts, Inc. For reasons best left unexplained, I developed a fetish for building 1/700 Napoleonic ships-- and a need for the smallest wire,cable, and tool sizes I could find...AND... hello SPI. If it's obscenely small, they have it. I know that technoheads and lab rats use this stuff all the time, but us right-side brain types are astonished by what's going on in this micro world. This stiff wire, and other sizes down to .001, have only the disadvantage that I can't freaking SEE it. They mail this straightened wire in long tubes, and for awhile, I was really P.O.'d that the tubes were empty-- until I broke out the Optivisor.....
Great stuff, great service. The online catalog is hard to negotiate for us dimwits because of its size and complexity, but you get the hang of it pretty quickly.
I love these people.......

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, Great packaging, June 25, 2012
Came straight as an arrow concentricity is very accurate. It came in a long cardboard tube with the other items I ordered. Buy it its good stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I wanted..., September 14, 2009
I wanted a wire to hang a small stained glass piece in a window, and was looking for something like this. It comes as a straight wire, not a roll (which is how other vendors sell these), which makes it very applicable for use in hanging somthing. The wire is a very small diameter, but very strong, you can even use it to hang your cat in a window (ha-ha). Justg what I wanted, and I didn't have a clue where to find it in a "brick-and-mortar" retail store. The shipping and packaging alone was worth the $11.

Rate and Discover Movies