- Brand Name: SteelSeries
- Model Number: 64049
- Keyboard Description: QWERTY
- Color: Black
- Hardware Platform: PC
SteelSeries Merc Stealth Gaming Keyboard
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- SteelSeries Z Engine enables programmability of all keys
- 3 color illumination options - blue, purple and red
- Anti-ghosting capability: Up to 7 simultaneous keystrokes
- Rubberized movement keys for enhanced tactile feedback
- Pre-defined profiles for more than 150 games
- Internal hub with 2 USB port
- Special gaming key area
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
The SteelSeries Merc Stealth gaming keyboard features 34 dedicated gaming terrain keys, making it easier and more intuitive than ever to walk, run, jump, crouch, and move directionally in games. The gaming terrain keys, tilted at an 11 degree angle, are ergonomic and comfortable even during long gaming sessions. The keyboard features 3 different illumination colors (blue, red and purple), which can be set to 4 different illumination modes (subtle, ambient, intense and off).
SteelSeries Merc Stealth supports simultaneous keystrokes and features a number of hotkeys for multimedia, navigation and other one-click controls. The keyboard features two USB 2.0 ports, gold-plated microphone and headset jacks all connected through a gold-plated USB connector. All keys on the keyboard can be programmed with the powerful SteelSeries Z Engine software, allowing for programmable keys and easy to use drag-and-drop macro creation.
Illumination Perfect for Gaming in the Dark
The Merc Stealth features astounding three color illumination in red, blue, and purple to match your gaming mood. Choose your level of brightness (Subtle, Ambient, Intense, Off). Illuminated characters on every key make it easy to find what you need during intense all-night gaming sessions.
Z Engine Software To Customize Every Gaming Experience
The SteelSeries Z Engine software that comes with the Merc Stealth allows you to totally control your gaming experience. It makes your keyboard fully programmable with easy-to-use drag-and-drop macro editing for quick customized performance. Z Engine comes with over 125 pre-defined key mapping layouts that you can use to jump quickly into your favorite games, or you can create your own layouts for a gaming experience that's tailored to you.
Dedicated Gaming Terrain: Amazing Touch and Response for Hours of Comfortable Gaming
Featuring 34 gaming terrain keys, the Merc Stealth makes it easier and more intuitive than ever to walk, run, jump, crouch, and move directionally in games. Rubberized movement keys offer superior response. The Merc Stealth is tilted 11 degrees to match your natural wrist position. 34 gaming keys are labeled and positioned for ultimate precision and control during gaming. The simultaneous key stroke response means no need to worry about phantom keys in the heat of the battle.
Rule All Your PC Gaming Peripherals from One Hub
The Merc Stealth has two built-in USB 2.0 ports to plug in mice and other peripherals. Gold plated audio jacks are also available for headsets and microphones. Plus, dedicated multimedia controls give you total control over your media in and out of the game.
What's in the Box
The SteelSeries Merc Stealth Gaming Keyboard.
What the Critics are Saying about the SteelSeries Merc Stealth Keyboard
"Once you adapt and start using the WASD arrangement it's great. It's like using a pad that's specially designed for your left hand! Jumping into the Z-Board control software, the first thing that strikes me is that there is very little 'customising' to be done right off the bat. You let it detect games and go from there. That's it!"
"Overall, the SteelSeries Merc Stealth keyboard is a good product that is sure to improve the users gaming experience. The extensive configuration offered by the Z-Engine software is one of the main positives of the Merc Stealth. It is incredibly easy to use and the pre-defined profiles are a good base to work from when configuring our own profiles."
"We would recommend the Merc Stealth to serious gamers who use their machine mainly for gaming."
- USB Hub: Two (2) USB 2.0 prots
- Gold-plated microphone and headset jacks
- Cable Length: 1.8 m / 6 ft
- Connection Options: USB
- Dimensions: 21.1" x 7.9" x 1.1"
Which SteelSeries Gaming Keyboard is Right for You?
|Integrated Media Keys|
|PS/2 Connection Option|
|Gold-plated Audio Ports|
|Dedicated Gaming Terrain|| |
(w/ optional keysets)
|Record Macros Directly on Keyboard|
Top Customer Reviews
Starting with Con's:
- Learning curve is there and you will not get used to the placement of the keys over night. Took me well over 2 weeks to really "map" the key disposition in my head. However, once i got used to it, it's just amazing. A few highlights of this learning process: getting used to the 2 rows of buttons (1-6, 7-12), learning where's the 3 and where's the 4, you'll mostly likely miss the CTRL/ALT keys available at your thumb (which you will more than likely use only to hit space). With that said, since this is a new approach (at least, new to me) to gaming keyboard, the learning curve was expected.
- The "E" key (something already described on other comments) feels weird during the initial days of use, sometimes it seems to get stuck, sometimes it just doesn't depress as expected. After 1-2 weeks of game play, i believe the internal parts wear off and it starts to feel normal
- On WoW any bind beyond 6 is mostly useless due to the distance to "WASD" (movement keys). This keyboard make them all available to you on a great location. This means that you will use a LOT less "ALT" binds, and, depending on your class, perhaps none.
- Keys that i used to bind to avoid "Alt" binds, such as F, G, C, etc. are all there as well (meaning around 14-16 direct keybindings).
- Since it only remap the standard keyboard keys, it works out of the box, no addons needed.Read more ›
Here's a break down of its main features.
IT DOESN'T HAVE A NUMPAD. You can activate the numpad, but then you loose home, end, pgup, pgdwn, etc. I found it really aggravating to reach for the numpad when the lock was off, only to copy something, delete something else, scroll half way down the page, then close the window I was working on. Now I just use the 1-0 row above the letters and life is good.
THE GAME PAD ROCKS. It has a great layout, it's comfortable, and has more buttons than most games need. Only once have I ever ran out of buttons on the game pad.
ZENGINE IS OKAY. In my experience, z-engine is a little clunky and tricky to use. I only rarely use macros, so it doesn't really effect me. Plus you can always get a good free macro program online, and then you can customize your heart out.
BOTTOM LINE: You're paying of the lights and the game pad. If you're not a gamer, this is a waste of money. If you can't function without the numpad, also a waste of money. If normal keyboards cramp your hands and cause you to hit buttons accidentally, this keyboard is for you.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I pick this keyboard up a couple years back and I am still using it. I am surprised to see how expensive it has become though! Read morePublished 16 days ago by Brandon
I bought 2 of these key boards going on.. 5? years ago now and we are still using them both! They both work great still, only problem I have had is the paint wearing off on the... Read morePublished 17 days ago by Terri Madrid
my husband loves this keyboard. he has large hands and likes the design of the keyboard. it is very comfortble for him to play games and type. Read morePublished 22 days ago by Tanya Rosheck
I am so so on this keyboard. I like the look and feel, it was purchased to replace a logitech that just wore out. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jake
I've been using this keyboard for a couple years now and I like it. The color switches are nice. The game setup on the side is the best thing since sliced bread, and in my opinion... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Rob W
I got this keyboard as a Christmas gift 6 years ago. At first the gamepad on the side looked a little gimmicky but wow does this keyboard make a difference for every game. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
This is one of the BEST gaming keyboards I have ever used. The side key bad is perfect, and I can quickly move and use abilities with out moving my hand position. I love it! Read morePublished 1 month ago by C. Poehler