5.0 out of 5 stars These are a great help to workshop mobility!
I purchased two of these swivel casters along with two of the fixed base casters (model #H0667) and mounted them to a 4 drawer supply cabinet in my shop. I now have a mobile cabinet/workstation that will lock in place wherever I want it to. The double locking mechanism on the swivel casters works perfectly!
The only complaint I have is that I mistakenly assumed...
Published on June 21, 2004 by Scott Pointon

3.0 out of 5 stars Brake NOT As Pictured
I chose this caster because of the hefty looking brake button. This picture is NOT accurate. The brake is more like the standard, bent metal brake - not nearly as substantial as the photo shows. Otherwise, it's a standard caster - nothing special.
Published on February 3, 2011 by MasterTech4523

5.0 out of 5 stars These are a great help to workshop mobility!, June 21, 2004
This review is from: Steelex D2598 3-Inch 150-Pound Swivel Double Lock Rubber Plate Caster, Gray (Tools & Home Improvement)
The only complaint I have is that I mistakenly assumed that these 3" swivel casters could be paired with the same manufacturer's 3" fixed base casters and everything would be level. I was wrong. The first time I mounted this combination of casters my cart was very unlevel! When I turned my cabinet upside down again I realized that the fixed base casters need an extra 3/8" or so of shimming to be level with the swivel base casters.
All in all, I highly recommend these as quality products that will allow you to make immobile things mobile, which is always a good thing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent caster!, November 14, 2006
I just built a rolling base for my table saw using these casters and couldn't be more pleased! The casters roll beautifully and the double brakes lock the wheels solidly so that there is no motion when I lean on the saw.

My saw is a 10" contractor's saw made by Jet. I think the casters are strong enough to handle a heavier saw.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid locking casters, December 16, 2008
I used 4 of these recently on a shop cart I built. I wanted locking casters at a reasonable price, and these looked like they would work well. The double locking mechanism works by not only applying pressure to the rubber tire, but also by engaging one of a series of square cut-outs stamped in a metal ring below the bearings. This double locking prevents rotation of any kind and as a result, my cart is rock-solid stationary when the brakes are engaged. Very nice!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad..., November 11, 2009
Decent caster for the money. Excellent if you aren't working near the weight limit. I bought them because of the value to mount on a router bench that needs to be solid but not too mobile so I got what I wanted. However, if I were to be moving this bench too much the wheels would bug me as they are kind of tight due to the weight. I would say the true weight limit for ideal functionality would be less than 1/2 of what is stated based on my experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gonna' get more of these!!, July 6, 2010
Because of limited space, many of my large tools must be somewhat mobile and finding affordable casters was a problem. I bought these to replace the 'Home Depot' locking casters on my router table. The old ones just didn't work well, were hard to lock and would rock back and forth. What a difference! These roll smoothly, lock up tight and are very easy to release. I was skeptical because of the low price (only a couple dollars more than the Home Depot ones) but am more than satisfied and will be buying another two sets for my thickness plainer and band saw.

5.0 out of 5 stars Too good to be true, February 3, 2011
I never knew there was a double lock caster available, just came upon this while looking for something for my workbence. The biggest problem I have had with locking casters was they never really stayed out when you locked them. Preventing the "swivel" action takes care of this problem. When I lock down the casters, the workbench stays put better than when it didn't have casters because of the traction of the rubber wheels plus it gives me the height I needed to work at. I will be changing to these for everything I have on casters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Job, November 20, 2009
I used 4 of these on a DIY mobile base for a 160 lb Ridgid Drill press. I really like how they lock in 2 places, the wheel and swivel. It locks and unlocks with ease. Can't remember the size of bolt I used, but just bring one with you to Lowes/HD. I had to mount them with the bolts coming up and the nuts screwed in on top, since the bolts I purchased were too long and prevented the wheels from swiveling. It actually works out great since the 4 bolt ends sticking up acts as a grip pad for my shoe when I'm trying to pull the drill press out of the corner.

Can't say anything else except it works exactly as advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars erashaf, September 23, 2009
I purchased this set of four casters for the base of a new band saw that I recently also purchased through Amazon. I installed them immediately and they are exactly what I had hoped they would be. I can easily move the saw to any work place I desire and then lock the casters for a solid and safe work space. I particularly like the fact that the locking mechanism stops both wheel turning and caster rotation. A very good buy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, sturdy caster that locks tight!, October 17, 2011
Very happy with this purchase. These casters seem very well made, no plastic pieces to worry about eventual failure. They're good looking and I don't expect they'll mark my wood floors. The locking mechanism is fantastic, easy to engage and disengage, and locks firmly. Great product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Smooth rolling, April 8, 2013
I received the wheels that I wanted to use to help lift a table to the height of my chop saw and I needed three inches over all. These were advertised as three inches however over all they are 4 inches high and the top plates are not as advertised of 2X2 they are 2 1/2 X 2 1/2. I almost sent them back but decided to keep them and raise the saw up to meet the table. They roll very smooth and the locking is great. I am happy but watch that you are getting what you want.