5.0 out of 5 stars excellent casters
This casters perform as they should.....no sand in the bearings like a reviewer mentioned.
I used them on a tool cabinet that weights about 250 lbs. with the tools in and it moves with great ease.
Published on December 18, 2009 by Teofilo Sanchez

Published 16 months ago by CG

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent casters, December 18, 2009
This review is from: Steelex D2610 4-Inch 275-Pound Swivel Double Lock Polyurethane Plate Caster (Tools & Home Improvement)

5.0 out of 5 stars sturdy and professional looking, March 6, 2012
Very sturdy casters, they make a tool stand seem much more substantial after having attached them. I used them for a Planer tool stand. The planer is over 80 pounds and it needs to roll across padded carpet to get into the shop, so I needed big wheels. These casters are up to the task.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great casters, May 23, 2011
Bill "Woodworking Bill" (Way up North in Illinois) - See all my reviews
I have been using these casters for years. I have them on mobile machine bases and they have not let me down yet. I like the double locking position feature. I lube the locking mechanism when they get sticky and they work very smooth after that. Great product for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad., March 12, 2013
R. Graham (New Yack Sittee) - See all my reviews
Build a lumber cart using these wheels. Nice large mounting plate, the locking mechanism keeps things pretty tight and the wheel;s grip polished concrete well. I've probably got about 700 lbs on a set of 4, and they still roll nicely. I've had them for several weeks with weight on them, and they don't seem to have developed any flat spots.

The only gripe is that the licking mechanism is pretty close to the wheel when locked and the locking mechanism's pretty stiff, so you can't always use the toe of your show to unlock the wheel, sometimes it's easier to do it by hand.

2.0 out of 5 stars good solid casters at first but not very durable a year later, March 5, 2013
I've now bought 2 similar sets of these. The first was this size but was threaded instead of having a plate and went underneath my 14" bandsaw and worked well. Other than the fact that it added about 4-5" to the table height, the locking mechanism is solid, and when unlocked I can move my band saw very easily around the shop. The second set (with the plate on top) has the same locking mechanism. I put these underneath a homemade bench made out of 2X4" and 4X4"s. The table must weigh at least 200 lbs with tools and an mdf tabletop yet these casters still move freely and did not buckle. Overall a good buy, these are beefy and should last a long time

April 2014 Updates
Well its been a little over a year since I've had these now and on two of the four the locking mechanism has failed. I dont lock them very much, maybe 20-30 times total in the past year but the two that failed no longer lock the wheel from turning. The wheels are still in good condition and luckily I can still lock my bench/cart from moving by locking the remaining two. I expected more life out of these...

4.0 out of 5 stars Locking lever could be improved, October 14, 2013
Rob (Belle Mead, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
These casters are very strong and smooth rolling. However, the locking lever could be improved - it is difficult to release and sometimes becomes crooked when locking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, December 27, 2012
I checked out low-cost casters at [competing low-cost hardware outlet] but didn't care for the chemical 'off-gassing' smell of the materials. I was hesitant to purchase these online, as I wasn't sure I'd get what I paid for... I usually don't like ordering 'sight unseen."

However, you should have no such reservations! These casters exceed my expectations -- they roll smoothly and evenly, rotate easily, and lock securely. They're heavy-duty enough to withstand years of abuse in my shop environment. The manufacturing and QA was consistently flawless; I didn't find any anomalies or abnormalities in the lot.

All in all, I couldn't be more pleased, and won't hesitate to purchase these in the future, for additional projects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wheels, November 24, 2010
CMM "CMM" (Arlington, VA) - See all my reviews
Purchased four of these wheels to make a platform for my son's high chair. Granted, these wheels are overkill for that job, but I figured I could use them later in my shop to support equipment. The wheels are nicely manufactured and do not mark my hard wood floors. The wheels lock very well, but you'll probably need to reach down with your hand to unlock them. We've been using the wheels for about 3 weeks now and they work very well, i.e., rolling around the floor silently. I'll probably purchase more of the same in the future for other uses.

2.0 out of 5 stars 1 of 4 failed, August 12, 2012
I mounted these on a wooden work table. They initially loved them as they are easily set and released and are rock solid. Unfortunately one of the lock mechanisms failed after a couple of months. They design seems pretty flimsy. I will follow up on this review after a few more months.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well on lumber cart, June 26, 2014
I used four of these on the bottom of my lumber cart. They're holding up very well to the load.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›