5.0 out of 5 stars YUM YUM YUMMY YUM YUM!
Published on February 9, 2011 by unclehair

2.0 out of 5 stars Not What They Used to Be
I grew up loving Breakfast Treats. They had a light crisp texture, a pleasant, light sweet taste, not too sweet and not too bland. It was just right. They were delicious straight out of the package (my favorite, nice and crisp), dunked in milk, or with tea. I noticed over the past couple of years that they taste different and are harder than they used to be...
Published on June 4, 2011 by musicfan

2.0 out of 5 stars Not What They Used to Be, June 4, 2011
This review is from: Stella D'oro Original Breakfast Treats, 9 Oz (6 Pack) (Misc.)

I've also noticed less variety of Stella D'oro products. I've lived in NY my whole life and SD was always on store shelves. A few of my family's old favorites are no longer available. There used to be several good cookies. The Anginettis, Angel Wings, Swiss Fudge, Christmas variety box...I don't see any of these in stores. Angel Wings are listed on their website, but I haven't seen them lately. My second favorite to the Breakfast Treats, the Pfeffernusse, was only available during the holiday season, like the variety box. I looked forward to getting 2 or 3 packages every December. It's gone, too.

It seems they've cut down to 4 cookie varities, 3 Breakfast Treat flavors, and several types of biscotti and toasts. I don't like biscotti or toasts much, and the ones I see from SD always look hard and dry. They still make breadsticks, but they are very hard to chew. My mom used to love them but she doesn't buy them anymore. We used to love to browse the SD displays, now I just glance at them and think how boring it looks and go on my way.

Apparently the company was sold to Nabisco many years ago, then sold to Lance 2 years ago, which makes Archway. Sorry but I do not like Archway cookies. At least Nabisco kept the Breakfast Treats and other products the way they had been in the 80s. Until about 5 years ago when the products were arriving unusally dark/overcooked. Now the factory moved, and recipes changed to inferior versions of the originals. Very disappointing.

The new Breakfast Treats are not awful, there are much worse cookies available than these. They are okay, that's why I'm giving it 2 stars rather than 1. But there is a very noticeable, unpleasant difference compared to the ones before. They taste cheaper, have a different texture, and are probably made with cheaper ingredients. Out of all the Stella D'oro products still available, these are the only ones I'd buy if I want a cookie that is like the old Breakfast Treats. But that is very rare. I don't like spending money on products that have been degraded.

Please bring back the old recipe. It was perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars YUM YUM YUMMY YUM YUM!, February 9, 2011
I grew up in Pennsylvania and moved to Texas 11 years ago and they don't sell them here. I bought a box a few weeks ago and now I need, yes, NEED to buy another one! They are perfect with coffee, with TV, with the internet....they are always good! If you haven't found them where you live, then buy them here. It's the cheapest price outside of having someone from back home send them to you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! AWESOME!, October 30, 2012
Loved this product since I was little. These are my weakness. So good with coffee, hot chocolate, even just milk. Even all by themselves. Too good, it's sinful. Beware, you'll get addicted. But this cookie, I've always called them "S" cookies, will put a smile on your face and in your belly. Love them.

4.0 out of 5 stars SINCE I WAS A CHILD I ATE THESE COOKIES BUT I EXPECTED MORE IN THE PACKAGE FOR THE MONEY???, August 20, 2014
MICHELE AKA MICKEY (RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
I LOVE THESE STELLA D'ORO COOKIES BUT THEY ARE OVER PRICED. I WAS DISAPPOINTED I THOUGHT THE PACKAGE WAS BIGGER. I WISH THEY WOULD OF ADDED MORE OR LOWERED THE PRICE.
THE FLAVOR IS GREAT. IT WAS A REMINDER OF HAVING A QUICK EGG AND TOAST IN THE MORNING WHEN YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TIME. GRAB, A FEW. BUT, HEY STELLA D'ORO YOU HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS. HOW ABOUT GIVING THE PEOPLE A BIT MORE FOR THEIR MONEY!!!!
WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE ASSORTED COOKIES YOU USE TO SELL?? THESE ARE DELICIOUS BUT NOT ENOUGH IN THE PACKAGE.

5.0 out of 5 stars S Cookies Finally, July 29, 2013
MaRho (ACWORTH, GA, US) - See all my reviews
They were wonderful. Cannot find this product where I now live. For a while they were available but now they are not. They were fresh and packed to avoid breaking and my entire family was thrilled to have them again. Will be reordering very soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my Breakfast Treats, May 12, 2013
I am having to order my Stella D'oro Original Breakfast Treats as I can not find them in the food stores in my area. I have two every morning with my coffee. My husband says I am addicted to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars stella d'oro, May 12, 2013
I have eaten them since 1980. Why give up a good product now as I am too old to change.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, December 7, 2012
Brings back memories of my childhood. So sorry they are not in current production. Appreciate this vendor priceing the available stock more reasonably than other vendors of other Stella D'Oro.

5.0 out of 5 stars great carry item for a quick treat, October 27, 2012
I like these guys they are easy to carry to work so I can have breakfast or a not too heavy treat in the afternoon they are slightly sweet with a hint of vanilla and are only 90 calories too!

3.0 out of 5 stars good but pricey, September 23, 2012
frank "Val" (lakeville, MN, United States) - See all my reviews
My friend enjoyed them and since can not get in San Antonio was a special treat for 75 birthday but was costly and shipping was too much

Stella D'oro Original Breakfast Treats, 9 Oz (6 Pack)
$36.50
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.