5.0 out of 5 stars A simply told magical story, July 11, 2005
This review is from: Stella, Princess of the Sky (Stella and Sam) (Hardcover)
This book is a wonderful story about Sam, Stella's younger brother, who is full of questions about the sun, moon and stars. Stella has simple, heartwarming explanations for Sam. These are illustrated beautifully by the author in dreamy watercolors. The dialogue is well-written and realistic. I think that's why my daughters love Stella and Sam so much -- they've had similar conversations. A book that will be read again and again, Marie Louise-Gay shows us the beauty in the simpler things in life.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved the book, June 21, 2014
This book was great. We also love the tv series and cant wait to get more of these books. Stella is a great example of a kind big sis.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite among the S&S books, January 21, 2014
My daughter loves all the Stella and Sam Books, but this one is my favorite. The end makes me a little misty-eyed every time, and captures the wonder of being outdoors when you're still young.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and funny, January 15, 2014
eeb (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
These stories are both sweet and funny. We got our first when my son was 2 and he has collected almost all of them in the past year. They are a big hit at our house.

5.0 out of 5 stars My graddaughter loves it., January 31, 2012
This was a Christmas gift for my granddaughter. She loves the story. I will buy other books in the Stella series

5.0 out of 5 stars books, June 17, 2009
I really like the Stella books. They are very worthwhile stories for children, and that red-headed Stella and her brother, Sam, are so cute!! This one made me cry, because my grandson was getting ready to move to Africa. I hope the stars remind him of his grandmother, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stella, Princess of the Sky, December 8, 2007
This is a delightful children's book, especially for a child who lives away from their grandmother.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it. . ., January 18, 2007
This review is from: Stella, Princess of the Sky (Stella and Sam) (Hardcover)
I bought all the "Stella" books b/c my Daughter's name is E'Stella - regardless of why I initially bought them-- SHE LOVES THEM. . . the pictures are fantastic and it answers a lot of whys for a curious 3 year old. I would highly recommend any of Marie Louise Gay's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stella, Princess of the Sky, August 12, 2007
Another Excellent book by Marie-Louise Gay! The only thing that should be different in her wonderful books is that instead of 2-4 years they should be labeled 2-104 years! ;-)))

Stella, Princess of the Sky (Stella and Sam)
Stella, Princess of the Sky (Stella and Sam) by Marie-Louise Gay (Hardcover - July 22, 2004)
$15.95 $14.36