5.0 out of 5 stars Best kitchen by far!
Published on November 30, 2004 by ABC

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth that much!
While it is "Deluxe" it isn't that great. It is a lot of wasted space.. I wanted something large and while it is large it's all just empty plastic! We ended up taking this back and buying a wood one.

Cons:
-The dish holder at top was awful, the plates wouldnt sit up in it.
-The drawers were bad too.. not room to put stuff in the kids got frustrated...
Published on December 19, 2011 by K. Muth

5.0 out of 5 stars Best kitchen by far!, November 30, 2004
This review is from: Step 2 LifeStyle Deluxe Kitchen (Toy)
For the reviewer who asked if the faucet makes noise, it doesn't. The noise makers are the stovetop, the oven, dishwasher, microwave, and phone. I first saw this kitchen at Sam's Club last year before my daughter was born. I fell in love with it but like always before I purchase something I do my homework. In my opinion this is by far the BEST kitchen out there. I would have gotten the Dream or Custom but we're planning on having at least 3 kids, another girl on the way, so I knew this was the one to get. I also did my homework on where to buy. I didn't want to pay shipping, but my local Toys 'R Us was having problems getting the 50 that they ordered. So again I did my homework and found that toysandhome.com offers FREE shipping on this item, saves $$ but the price is higher at $212 I believe. While it was being shipped I read the reviews on assembly and prepared for the worst. When I opened the box I laughed at the other whining reviewers, hardly any assembly. It was so easy and fast, I assembled this 5 months pregnant. It took me 45 mins altogether from the time it took me to unbox it and stock it with food. If you have assembled your babies crib or changing table or anything from Ikea for that matter, this is a cake walk. I would recommend using a cordless drill. Yes, there are predrilled holes on the top pieces but the bottom pieces that get attached don't have holes, this is because of the plastic material used if both were predrilled it wouldn't stay secure. It's very sturdy. I don't have any problems with the dish rack or doors/drawers not opening, I think they solved that. I also got the 101 playfood set by Step2, which I recommend, it has tons more veggies/fruits in it than junk food like the other sets. I covered the boxed food and also the food with labels with clear contact paper to protect them from saliva and make them a little more ridged. I'm thinking of getting the 11 piece stainless steel pot set but not a big deal. My daughter is 12 months old and won't understand much. I'm giving this to her for Christmas and I can't wait to see her reaction! I think that this is appropriate for that age, no small items, but I think an older child can pretend and be more creative with this. Great item to grow with your child and a great babysitter for stay-at-home moms! I also got the matching storage chest, which is really big! I just wish that Step2 would make a matching pantry for the kitchens for tons of storage. There is a lot more storage in this kitchen than the others.

5.0 out of 5 stars has all the amenities of a real kitchen, October 8, 2004
M. Graham (Winthrop Harbor, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Step 2 LifeStyle Deluxe Kitchen (Toy)
My daughter received this kitchen for her 1st birthday and really liked it. We on the other hand loved this toy. We were slightly apprehensive about the size of this toy. Where were we going to put it, because it is quite long but worth every inch of space that it takes up. Our daughter is now over 2-years-old and she plays with this kitchen daily. She loves that it has so many different appliances in it to put all her pretend food and play pots and pans in and out of. The "granite" counter top is beautiful and all the sounds that the appliances and cordless telephone make really add that something special to this toy. It's also been very durable. Our "delicate little flower" can really put toys through the wringer and it has stood up nicely to the wear-and-tear. This is THE kitchen to own!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mother of all play kitchens!, December 2, 2004
This review is from: Step 2 LifeStyle Deluxe Kitchen (Toy)
We just bought this kitchen for my daughters 3rd birthday. She started jumping for joy when she came downstairs and took of the sheet we had over it. Everything on it is great. She doesn't have 1 favorite part because she loves all of it.

Pros:

-Very realistic

-You can purchase an adapter to plug into the overhead light so that you don't have to worry about replacing the batteries so often.

-Great detail

-Tons of storage space

Cons:

-Easier to put together if you have 2 people

-Holes for screws don't exactly line up

-Fasteners can be difficult to install

-Wish the refrigerator ice/water dispenser made noise

-Caps to conceal screws break off easily

If you plan on buying this kitchen, be prepared with an electric drill or screwdriver or you can expect to be assembling this thing for a long time. Also, be sure to install stickers while the toy is laying on its back.

This is the most expensive plastic kitchen on the market, but it is well worth the money. The fact that it's gender neutral, has great attention to detail and very sturdy all make this kitchen the best value for your money. It's great that the kitchen makes noises and that the noises aren't over-bearing and annoying.

Recommendation: Don't waste a dime on another kitchen that you will have to replace in a year because your child has out grown it. THIS IS IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dream Kitchen, September 14, 2004
This review is from: Step 2 LifeStyle Deluxe Kitchen (Toy)
When I seen this kitchen I knew I had to have it for my 4 year old son! It was the only kitchen I found that had real character and not throwing up with pink flowers. Even though the intent was to give this to my 4 year old, my 6 year old son loved it just as much. They never even thougth it to be a toy for girls because of the color scheme and they were so excited to see the farm scene outside the window. The decals and graphics are fabulous. I was missing a bag of pots and pans along with a few decals. When I e-mailed the company, they promptly sent out a whole set of replacement dishes and stickers. So not only did I get the items I was missing, I got a few extra stickers to put away for when the kitchen becomes worn I can give it a quick lift to pass on to their 2 year old sister! The only thing I would like to see improved is the dishrach/light holder for above the sink. There should be some way to screw the hardware down so it isn't coming out. This has been a bit frustrating and we have resolved to just not having it out at all. Too bad, it's one of the favorite features. Otherwise, this is truly a kitchen that will remain timeless, something my childrens children will probably play with and not another item for the garage sale. Well worth the $$!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The BIGGEST and BEST kitchen!, May 8, 2005
This review is from: Step 2 LifeStyle Deluxe Kitchen (Toy)
After going to my nieces house we found that we really should get our then 18 month old twin boys their own kitchen. I left it up to my husband to come back with the perfect one, when he and the boys came back, he brought THIS ONE. I was shocked, the biggest and most expensive one out there, but it really is great and my now 20 month olds love it

* Its so real looking, and NON-GENDER SPECIFIC!

* The little mural in the window is adorable

* It fits okay in a spot near the phone in our kitchen, really big though, we had to move the dog bowls. I wouldnt recomend it if you dont have alot of space

* Has alot of storage, the fridge, stove, dishwasher, dishrack, baskets cabinets and a microwave! Holds ALL of our food and dishes

* It has every accesory available, dishwasher, coffe maker, microwave, stove, oven, refridgerator, double sink, telephone and storage

* The refridgerator even has an ice maker just like the real one in our kitchen

* Theres enough room for my twins and their friends to ALL play

* Very durable and easy to clean

* Has a cute little light that my sons LOVE

* Makes a few noises, though I didnt want one that made too many, they should really use their imagination

* Comes with some food, dishes and utenzils, but I do recomend you purchasing extras

* It actually has some counter space, one of the only kitchens that did

* Its a kitchen to last!

We love it, and though its a bit more expensive, it doesnt look so corny and it will last for YEARS... our sons play with it EVERY day

5.0 out of 5 stars In Response to the Mom Who Wanted Info on the Batteries..., November 14, 2005
This review is from: Step 2 LifeStyle Deluxe Kitchen (Toy)
I installed all 14 batteries on December 24th,2004 & 11 months later, the kitchen is still running on the same batteries. The only batteries I changed were the ones for the burner - other than that - no problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super deluxe awesome kitchen for a boy or girl!, January 18, 2005
Olivia "Olivia" (Philadelphia suburbs, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Step 2 LifeStyle Deluxe Kitchen (Toy)
This is absolutely the hands down best kitchen I have ever seen. A caveat here: it is complicated and difficult to put together, but definetly worth every second spent.

You have to put on ALL the stickers (border, appliances, window, footboards, etc) and this takes a careful eye and steady hand to get it right. Putting it together takes some muscle, but that's what daddys and grandpas are for! It took my hubby about 5 hours to put it together by himself (with a little help from grandpa).

I can tell you that this was the "IT" toy for X-mas last year (our daughter turned 3 in 2004)! Our daughter would nap next to it with her hand on it to make sure it wasn't leaving her! It has gotten a years worth of play and it is great.

There are two pots that when put on the front burner make either the boiling soung or the frying sound. All the appliances (except the fridge) has a keypad that makes noises. The light over the sink even comes on! We got ours on clearance at Sam's Club for $130 and it came with the 101 pc food kit along with 4 pots (with lids), 2 cups, 2 bowls, 2 plates, drink pitcher (with lid), 2 sets of utensils, spatula and large spoon.

This comes with everything you would ever need and you can "cook" right out of the box! I also love that it looks like a "real" kitchen, not a pretend pink monstrosity. It is very appropriate for a boy who loves to cook, or for a mixed sex playgroup. This is absolutely fabulous!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the kitchen of all kitchens!, January 18, 2005
Overclock (NM, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Step 2 LifeStyle Deluxe Kitchen (Toy)
We bought this for our 2.5 year old for a Christmas present. You will need 2 people and 45-60 minutes of time to put this together. Read the instructions once thru beforehand to get educated because it is tricky. I couldn't imagine doing it by yourself. Be sure to put the decals for the window scene on first BEFORE assembling anything. They are hard to get to after everything is put together. And as another reviewer said, put the decals on while the unit is on its back. One thing I wish it had was a method to stop the main utensil drawer from coming out all the way. I will be devising my own method soon using a string and a piece of wood. The size of the unit is not overwhelming at all. Just be sure to measure out your spot for it before buying it to make sure you will be as happy with it as I am.

The best part is now my 2.5 year old comes up and asks me, "Milk daddy?" Too cute. I will definitely miss this age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasing to the eye, fun for the kids!, January 4, 2006
This review is from: Step 2 LifeStyle Deluxe Kitchen (Toy)
I have been eyeing this kitchen for two Christmas'. We knew this year we were definitely going to purchase a kitchen set for our 4 y/o, 2 y/o, and 10 month old. It was just a matter of finding one that was durable, had fun stuff, and options that were fun for all three kids. We wanted something that was big enough for two kids to play at, and something that would grow with our family.

This kitchen has definitely met all my expectations. We purchased this directly from the manufacturer as they were offering free shipping until the end of last year. I took the advice of other reviewers and made sure to put the stickers on first. The Step 2 website has a great video demonstration for putting this together. An electric screwdriver is nice, but there are some tricky angles that might require a regular one. I would definitely expect to spend at least an hour putting it together. But just think, you only have to put it together once. I did it alone, but it would have been helpful to have an extra set of hands.

The kids love this kitchen. Our 10 mo. old isn't old enough to truly understand cooking, but she loves to open and close the cabinets and oven, pull the drawers out, and put things in and out of the sink. Our 2 y/o has more of an imagination and enjoy actually pretend cooking. He understands it and loves all the space available. Our 4 y/o isn't really a "cooker", but he plays with this too.

I like all the storage space this kitchen provides. The doors on the cabinets aren't all that sturdy, but they get the job done. They definitely aren't the quality of the countertops or main structure. There are sounds on the microwave, dishwasher, oven, phone, and stove. That said, the first three mentioned are basically the same "sound maker", just with different sounds coming out. The stove is neat, especially with the clear pots. I'm sure there are many other kitchens out there that have more of a "wow" factor as far as "lights and sounds".

I am definitely pleased with this kitchen, and it was worth the wait. It does take up some space, but nothing I didn't measure out before we decided to purchase it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It a mini version of the real deal!, August 17, 2005
This review is from: Step 2 LifeStyle Deluxe Kitchen (Toy)
I would agree with the other mom that said this is the mother of all kitchens! It is just like the real thing. It has all the appliances of a real kitchen plus all of the extras. All the sounds are very realistic and she loves making everything work. She loves that she has plate holders just like mommy! She also loves the baskets because they hold all of her play food. This thing holds all of her play kitchen items and then some. I have never seen so much storage on a kitchen set.

It is a very large unit but it was well worth it the extra space! It is so realistic and the "granite" and other details make it a really nice toy to have taking up part of the family room. Plus it is super easy to clean and unlike another set we had it is very stable and sturdy...good enough (and large enough) for 3 active toddlers to all play with at the same time.

All in all mother of all of kitchens is a good description of this set. It's great and you can't go work with it!

Step 2 LifeStyle Deluxe Kitchen