Published 14 months ago by Zazzy

3.0 out of 5 stars Walk Walk
Published 14 months ago by Stacy Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Trauma, Tornadoes and Thought Provoking Twists....A Must Read!!, May 7, 2013
Zazzy (Crystal Lake, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Step of Faith: A Novel (The Walk) (Hardcover)
Richard Paul Evans has tugged at the heart again with "A Step of Faith", the latest installment of his amazing "The Walk" series. This time we find Alan Christoffersen in the midst of another personal crisis that threatens his journey across the country to Key West. Alan is joined by those he needs most but circumstances and emotions get in the way and he eventually returns alone to continue his Walk.

Alan heads from St. Louis through the deep South tasting the culture and amazing food along the way. He meets some very interesting people including a woman tied to a tree that leads to an encounter with a "religion" that is out of this world he never expected. All of them have Alan pondering what he really needs and wants most. When Alan comes to the realization about what to do, he hits another speed bump in his path.

Like many of Richard Paul Evans fans I could not wait for this book to come out. I really enjoyed reading it and found it impossible to put down. Mr. Evans is an incredible storyteller and this book is the best one of this series yet! Now begins the agonizing wait for the final part of this incredible adventure due out next year. "The Walk" series puts readers through an emotional wringer and we are better for the ride.

It started out with "The Walk" and now after many "Miles to Go" down "The Road to Grace" take "A Step of Faith" and join the journey. Life's road will never look the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Step of Faith is a mind opening inspirational novel., May 12, 2013
Evans delivers a novel that reads like a real life experience. Most everyone can relate to the challenges faced in the book. The main characters life experiences leaves the reader with a better understanding of how to overcome obstacles in their lives and how keeping the faith will lead to a better life. A Step of Faith is exciting, up-lifting, at times sad, and healing in a powerful package called a book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Walk Walk, May 10, 2013
This review is from: A Step of Faith: A Novel (The Walk) (Hardcover)
Books 1 and 2 in this series were amazing and I couldn't put down. Book 3 was so so. I bought book 4 thinking this was the end and I would see how Alan was going to get on with life, but not so. I did read this book in a day because it was basically a list of him walking, where he was and what he ate. Not too many interesting characters until he hits Alabama/Florida. I was so disappointed to find there is a book 5, which I will buy because I'm hooked on him and his travels now, but I hope that's it and it doesn't keep dragging on in this little books. Books 1 and 2 just made you think and were so wow, as the series goes on it is losing steam.

2.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTMENT......., May 29, 2013
This review is from: A Step of Faith: A Novel (The Walk) (Hardcover)
I very much enjoyed the first 3 books in the series, even encouraging my friends and family to read them. I struggled to get through this 4th book, and don't feel I can recommend it to anyone. I feel Mr. Evans missed the mark on this one. For example, I don't understand why we have to read what Alan eats at every meal when it doesn't even relate to a particular part of the country he is traveling through. What is the deal with Pop Tarts? I feel like he is just filling space with words that don't matter. I was very disappointed he even included the section about the religious cult he encountered-didn't even seem like something Mr. Evans would write about-not his style. As I read the book, I kept waiting for my heart to be touched like in the first 3 books but it never happened. I don't understand why it took so long to write the 4th book. I don't mean to be rude or cruel, but it just seems to me there was less effort put into making "A Step of Faith" an interesting story-it felt more like he was just fulfilling a commitment he had made to write it. The wind has really been taken out of my sails as far as being excited about book 5. On a positive note, I have read many other Richard Paul Evans books and found them hard to put down-he is a beautiful, talented writer. I just wish I could say that about "A Step of Faith". I feel so let down...... it's like thinking a good friend is going to come visit you, but they never show up.

3.0 out of 5 stars He is still walking...., May 9, 2013
This book was a bit of a disappointment. Not compelled to anticipate the next dragging sequel in twelve months. Wish it had been better.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sucker, June 4, 2013
I feel abused at needing to spend so much money to complete one story. It was fun at the beginning, but the plot has grown a little thin. So much time is wasted in each of the last three books filling in information for new readers, that it becomes annoying. I feel like the entire coss-country trip could have been presented in one book with more momentum and less sap. I don't like being teased, and I don't like waitng for months or longer for the next segment. Please finish it already!

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointed, May 13, 2013
This review is from: A Step of Faith: A Novel (The Walk) (Hardcover)
I was very excited when I learned this copy was in the mail. However, I found after a while that I was just waiting to see where he would stay and what he would eat. He did more Inns and hotels than in the other books and focused on meals that were popular in the areas where he was walking. I was reminded of travel books I have read - of what you'll eat when you stop somewhere. Sorry. I love his writing and the previous books in this series were great. I still read this book in two days but I think I kept looking for the plot to pick up. Alas, it was not to be. I'll look forward to the next book but with all the reading I've done in my life I really have a sense that I know what will happen.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Of A Let Down, May 18, 2013
This review is from: A Step of Faith: A Novel (The Walk) (Hardcover)
I thought the first three books in the series were great, and was eagerly awaiting the fourth. I must say I was disappointed. Not sure why it took a year to write. Not a lot to it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Step, June 30, 2013
I have read all of the previous 'Walk' books. This one was the least satisfying and interesting of the entire lot. I really enjoyed all of the other novels. This one left me scratching my head. It was really missing many elements of what made the others so good. I would not recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series and I loved the ending of this book., May 24, 2013
This review is from: A Step of Faith: A Novel (The Walk) (Hardcover)
This book had its ups and downs. Slow at times, but I loved the ending. I love all of Richard Paul Evans books and this is one of my favorite series. I can't wait to read the next one!

A Step of Faith: A Novel (The Walk)
A Step of Faith: A Novel (The Walk) by Richard Paul Evans (Hardcover - May 7, 2013)
$19.99 $14.80