Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 23, 2011
People want full seasons not a couple of episodes. I know many will buy all 7 seasons if you release them.
22 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2006
First, I would like to make a comment to fans of this show. BUY THIS RELEASE!!! Do not wait for season sets. The purpose of this release is to test the market for season sets. If this sells well, we will see season sets very soon. If it doesn't sell, we will probably never see season sets.

THE ONLY CHANCE THAT WE FANS HAVE FOR SEASON SETS IS TO SUPPORT THIS DVD.

Now, about the show: During the 90s, ABC produced many great family friendly sitcoms such as Home Improvement, Boy Meets World, and Full House. For some reason, this gem is often overlooked. This show featured a great cast of veteran TV stars including Suzanne Somers (Three's Company), Patrick Duffy (Dallas), Sasha Mitchell (Also, Dallas), and Bronson Pinchot (Perfect Strangers).

The show focused on a Brady-Bunch type blended family. The kids ranged in ages from infant to college-age, and the parents had lots of screen time, so everyone can relate to someone. A great show for families. If you've never seen it, try it!
99 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2006
The show was great, 5 stars, and had a lot of fans. I'm sure full seasons would sell just fine. We don't need these "trial-run" sets to get us to buy.
on March 8, 2006
9/20/91: Pilot

10/4/91: Rules of the House

10/9/92: JT's World

12/10/93: Christmas Story

12/16/94: I'll Be Home for Christmas

10/3/97: Your Cheatin' Heart
on January 23, 2012
I think this show deserves to be released for the general public to purchase and enjoy at home. I also have to agree with most of the other reviews and say that it's outrageous that it hasn't been put on DVD YET. I cannot wait until that happens and I will buy all seasons!!! Please put this show on DVD ASAP and let people buy it!
on May 30, 2006
I have been waiting for Step by step to come out on DVD for years. This is at least something but I would really like the whole season. I keep waiting.
on August 7, 2006
I agree. I miss the show, but I'll wait until I can get proper full seasons, thank you.

Same goes for spin city? Who really wants these "favorites" boxes?
44 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2006
This is a great show that I hope become full season offers. The picks from different season on this disk was done in a very interesting way. They began with the first season and picked episodes along the way until the end of the show. I love it and watched it twice in the short time I have owned it so far.
on February 18, 2007
I recently purchased this DVD to help contribute to the production of DVD boxed season sets, and if you REALLY want to see the boxed season sets go into production, then please, don't hesitate to buy this DVD. It's only 5 bucks LOL!

With that having been said, I would like to add a few comments about this show. First, I grew up watching this show on TV, and even into my teen-age years I still watched it. I'm 24 years of age now, and this show still holds one of those "sentimental-type" places with me. Despite what many critics have said in the past, this show was truly one of the better shows I've watched on TV.

The show ended back in 1998 after stooping to the lowest ratings it ever recieved in it's 7 season run. Personally, I feel this was due to multiple factors. IMHO, The main factor for the loss in ratings was due to the loss of Cody (Sasha Mitchel, the actor who played Cody ran into some domestic legal problems with his wife, and as a result Disney canceled his character). Without him, the show lost much of what made it comical, and fun to watch. Sure, each character was funny and entertaining in their own way, but it's clear to anyone has seen more than a few episodes of this show that Cody was often the center of the comedy. All the other characters seemed to interact with him to bring life to the script. I feel the producers must of realized this, for they brought Cody back for the next to last episode of the series in season 7, but by then it was too late.

To compensate for the loss of Cody the producers tried to introduce other characters to take Cody's place, such as Flash and JT's best friend Rich (Jason Marsden). While I feel Flash was somewhat cool (especially in the two episodes where the family went to Disney World, and Flash captured the tourist record for USA), still, Flash was certaintly no Cody. The same can be said of Rich, though I feel Rich's character became a positive contribution when he began dating Dana, as it was a pure example of "opposites attract", and no one really seen it comming.

Another major reason for the loss of ratings is the actors, as well as the characters they played did what all kids do........they got older! Remember, when the show first began JT and Dana weren't but about 15-16 years of age and Karen was 14. When the show ended all three of these characters were in their 20's. Let's not forget the character Al (Christine Lakin) was only 11 years old when the show began, but was either 18 or 19 when the show ended. Thus, these kids were no longer kids and teen-agers, but were adults at the end of the series. Thats not to say that they were any less entertaining, just the magic that comes from a mom and dad raising their kids was pretty much over. I think this is probably why Brenden's character was phased out, and Lilly's character was added, as the producers were trying to recapture the concept of Carol and Frank being a mom and dad, and trying to raise a family.

One other minor factor for the show's cancelation could be due to the movement of the series from ABC's TGIF line-up to CBS. Remember, it was common for most fans of TGIF to watch all four shows (whatever 4 were on the air at any given time) straight through, and since Step By Step was no longer on the station some people probably didn't bother changing their TV channel during the 2 hour TGIF block, and left their TV's tuned to ABC rather than tuning into CBS.

One final point I would like to note is this: For some odd reason most of the actors and actresses have had next to zero acting careers since this series ended. I'm not exactly sure why this is, but I've always suspicioned this series had something to do with it. From what I've read in online searches it appears the actor Brandon Call (JT Lambert) retired from acting after the series ended, and now owns his own gas station and car wash somewhere in California. It also appears that Christopher Castle (Mark Foster) and Josh Byrne (Brended Lambert) haven't done anything else in the acting buisness since this series ended as well. Even Angela Watson (Karen Foster) hasn't done much acting either, though she has been working for a company that helps prevent child actors from being used for money by their parents.

Perhaps in the future someone will do a documentary, and interview the actors and actresses who appeared on this show to see what everyone has been up to since the series ended. Maybe higher sales of this DVD will provoke someone to do it LOL!
on April 12, 2007
This is a great DVD but 6 episodes is not enough and I am sure many many others want full season sets as soon as possible

This is just a teaser

Please release Season sets!!!