Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

on June 23, 2011
this is a great riding toy.

my toddler just loves it. he is forever climbing in and looking at me with expectant eyes. we ride it inside and outside. it rolls well over carpet. it is a little hard to push over bumps and around corners but i have to remind myself it was not designed to be a baby stroller. its got a little storage space in the front and my son likes to fill it with blocks. a little bit expensive but still a great product
on October 15, 2013
Disappointed because after spending 30 min putting it together the steering wheel is defective and won't stay in place. At this point we were not going to take it apart again. Damaged item sent to us.
on April 26, 2011
My 1 yr old nephew loves this car. He honks the horn and I really like the fact that there is a seatbelt for him to make sure he doesn't fall off. Only problem is that it is not too good with turns and sometimes you have to drag it to make the turn. But overall, he enjoys it!
on August 6, 2015
It's very cute and I would give it 5 stars but the sterring wheel they really need to do something about it,it comes right out never could get it to stay in, the company knows about it and hasn't attempted to fix the problem but continues to take your money. People don't return it because after you have put it together is to late. I wouldn't buy it unless you can fix the problem but why should we fix the problem I say stop buying it until the company steps up and fixes it.
on July 23, 2014
My one year old daughter loves this! I bought it for her first birthday and she loves to ride around in it. It was easy to put together and works very well. She loves to turn the steering wheel and beep the horn. She also likes to open and close the front part. Other reviews mentioned that the steering wheel comes out but I haven't had a problem with that. There is a piece that comes with the item that you put on the back that locks it into place. Great product!!
on July 9, 2011
I have 10 months son, he enjoys this buggy, loves to ride on it. But after only 2 weeks of use, the screw which holds push over handle, loosened and fell apart. So I had to get rid of the handle and can not use it out doors anymore. Now this buggy is in my kids bedroom, for some play time there. So over all I am disappointed with it, got it because of high ratings for this toy, but not satisfied fully.
on November 21, 2015
This is such an amazing car for kids! Someone gave me one for my daughter a few years ago, and I just recently bought one for a friend.

Things I love about it:

-I love that they have a parent handle. It makes it easy to push. It's at a nice height so even tall parents shouldn't have troubles.
-It makes noises! It helps keep kids entertained while driving. Our favorite is the sound of the engine starting.
-The front has space for storage! My daughter used to stop and collect rocks in it. It is also great for holding your house key, garage door opener, and phone.
-Works well for kids 11ish months - 3 years old. My oldest was bummed when her legs got too long for the car.

One thing to be aware of is this only includes a lap belt. You need to make sure your child is stable enough to sit up independently while moving. The straps give no support up top and they may topple over or out if you aren't careful. Once they are able to do that, you have no concerns!
on April 2, 2014
My little guy loves this car! We use it everyday and he never gets bored with it. Can't wait for the weather to warm up so we can ride it outside!
on November 14, 2015
My son loves this but the steering wheel came out within 5 minutes of him using it. He is only 9 months old and is not rough with it at all. Poor quality for sure! We will be trying a different brand. I have contacted the company so hopefully they can replace or fix the issue.
on October 6, 2015
It definitely looks like they cheaped out on the materials for this revised version of the previous car (I believe these are a knock-off design based on Lightning McQueen from the Cars movie franchise, but I could be wrong). Our daughter has a used copy of the older design, and we love it, so we wanted to get a new one for the grandparents' house. But unfortunately, this one feels flimsier in every way. It was difficult to attach the handle because the holes were not lined up well. And a big disappointment: on the older version, the handle snapped into place and was secured by a bolt pushed through from the rear. The handle was easily removable by pulling the bolt from the back. On this one, the bolt attaches from the front and has a nut on the back to hold it on, so the nut must be unscrewed to remove the handle. And the handle does not snap into place, so it's completely dependent upon the bolt to hold it on. Given the cheap materials, if you remove this too often, it might weaken the plastic and keep the handle from staying on tightly. And the instructions say the handle is not designed to be removed. I'd give this product four stars other than the handle. I'm tempted to give it just two, because compared to the original version, this one is a big disappointment.
UPDATE: I did some research, and it turns out that Step2 had to "voluntarily" recall the older model of this ride-on and similar ones precisely because of the handle connection on the older design. That handle was held on with a bolt with a yellow knob and was reported to come loose. It is too bad that Step2 could not have redesigned the thing with a safer connection that could still be disassembled for transport. You can google "step2 buggy recall" for more information.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse