Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Step2 Sand Tastic Construction Set
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on June 4, 2013
This is a really cute sand toy set - and much bigger and more fun than I had guessed by the photos. The construction workers (both adorable - one a girl, the other a guy) can "ride" the truck, the roller, or the shovel -- as there is a hole in each worker that fits into a spot in each of the "vehicles." The dump truck really dumps... and the orange things (I don't know what they are really called) have holes in them - so they can pour sand (or even be used in the bathtub). My daughter loves using the rolling tool with play doh too...but it's fun on the sand. That is the only piece I've had a little problem with - b/c the black roller keeps popping out of the yellow handle part, but it's a super quick fix...just a little frustrating for my 2.5 year old. The piece where you can pour sand in the black basket thing propped up by the yellow supports doesn't let enough sand down to make it engaging too. You really need to use your hand to get it to sift the sand through. We like this and also the Melissa & Doug cupcake sand set. We use both with Moon Sand, which is a HUGE MESS but really a lot of fun. Can you tell this is my first child? HA!
on August 21, 2015
I purchased this beach construction set for my son when he was 1 years old. He's going to be 3 shortly and he still has most of this set and plays with it ALL the time... At the beach, in the bathtub, and in his room. We have long-ago lost the three little cones, and we can't find the little girl anywhere, but all of the other pieces are still accessible and played with a lot. Everything has held up really well. The black piece of the roller does come out sometimes after use of heavy and rough play, but its easily snapped back into place and works like new again. The little slot in the sand bucket thing is a little thin for sand that is a little wet, but works well with filtering sand that is dry. The three larger cones have holes in the bottom of them so you can't haul water to and from a location. The shovel is amazing and strong... Holds a lot of sand and has made it through being thrown around and stepped on without so much of a scratch! My son will be able to play with these toys for years to come! I would highly recommend this set!
on September 8, 2013
My 3 year old grandson and I had a great time with this set. The cones we used to build sand castles with, but they only work for that while the sand is wet. He rolled and rolled the sand, scooped up hills, and used the truck to run along the road. He wasn't interested in the "loader" so it went under the sand table. Very good for 3 year old. It kept his interest for hours.
on July 12, 2013
I bought this sand toy set to go in my son's sand and water table. The toys are a little bit bigger than I thought they would be, which is great for little toddler hands, but they do crowd up my relatively small sand and water table.

My son doesn't care though. He loves driving the roller and the dump truck around and scooping up sand or water with the shovel and cups. He likes sticking the two little people in the trucks too. The small cones and the sand tower don't get much play. The cones don't hold much and tend to get buried in the sand, and the sand has to be perfectly dry to go through the sand tower (never happens at our house), so those bits pretty much sit on the sidelines.
on April 30, 2013
Found these at our local farm store and got them to use in the sandbox. Both my 5 year old daughter and 18 mo old son had a great time. Our sand is new so it was too wet to work in the sifter thing, but the kids had a great time driving the trucks around the sandbox. Great toy!
on November 1, 2014
I bought this for play at the beach. It is super cute and sturdy! both of my kids 3 and 6 loved playing with this set. It is a great addition to our beach toys. There are several ways to use with sand and water. You could also use in the winter in the tub or with snow outside. We have lots of Step 2 products and we have never been disappointed. I like that this is geared towards boys too because most of the toys I find are gender neutral or are tea sets for girls. I would buy again!
on September 1, 2013
We bought the Little Tikes Big Digger Sandbox for our boys and thought that this toy set would go perfectly with it, and it does. The pieces are much bigger than they appear in the picture. You can use the bigger construction cones to make castles, the little people are so cute, and my boys just love it. Very happy with my purchase.
on September 28, 2014
I bought this set for my four year old grandson, who really loves it. It will keep him busy for hours. He loves that he can build roads and then scoop them up and build them again. He did wonder why there are not 3 little construction workers, since there are three vehicles for them to sit in, but since there are usually only 2 of us playing in the sandbox at a time it was not too much of an issue. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a good quality play set for the sand.
on August 13, 2013
This was a great addition to our beach bag. Everything was well built and provided my 4 year old with plenty of entertainment. I would agree with other users that it is a little to big for a sand table, but for the beach or a sandbox its perfect sized... maybe even a little too small.
on April 9, 2014
I got these for a sensory table that we are using bird seed in. The kids love it and they are small enough for little hands. The fill buket lets birdseed fall nicely out the bottom into the dump truck.

See 1 answered question