Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Stephan Schiffman's Telesales: America's #1 Corporate Sales Trainer Shows You How to Boost Your Phone Sales
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on February 16, 2004
From Joe Catal. Author of "Telesales Tips From The Trenches".
For those of you who have read my book, you know I like the no nonsense approach to selling.
This book has some of the best sales techniques I've come across in a long time. The up-dated version of the book is very clear and concise and with many examples.
Steves "LEDGE" technique is one I highly recomend, and use myself.He also has a very powerful voice mail message that will get at least 50% of your calls returned. And I'm being conservative here!
I really liked this book, and know you will too.
Buy it, you won't be disappointed.
Joe Catal.
Great job Steve!!!!
on May 22, 2009
I work on the phone all day long. 90% of my job is cold calling and trying to open new accounts. This book helped me understand my own numbers better so that I know how many people I need to qualify in order to get an account open. It also showed me how a simple question can change the whole dynamic of a phone conversation.

Last week I cold called a firm and the decision maker was not super excited by the end of our conversation but she at least agreed to accept some literature from me in the mail. This week I called her back to follow up after reading the chapter on asking the right questions that will spark a response from the prospect and get an actual conversation started. I asked her how long she had been using her current provider and if she has ever compared against another firm to see if she is getting the best value for her money. I found out that she has been using her current provider since the winter and has never taken a look at another option since switching to them. I also found out the reasons she chose to use her current provider which gave me a very clear understanding of what I need to do in order to earn her business. We compared services and she was very surprised to find out that we can save her a significant amount of money and also speed up her process as well. By the end of the conversation she was calling me by my first name and the account should open sometime within the next two weeks. All I can say is that this is a great book and I can't wait to read it a second time. Just make sure that you put his recommendations to use.

Update: I've continued to use the advice in this book and I can sincerely tell you that the quality of my calls have CLEARLY increased. I would say that about 75% of the people I talk to now I actually have meaningful conversations with. My calls went from me trying to convince and barely letting the prospect talk to now actual conversations that make the prospect feel like I'm calling to really help them. I used to collect only about half of the information that I wanted from a prospect. Now, on most of my calls I collect 100% of the information I wanted and then some. Great book. I can't wait until the actual accounts start opening, which I am more confident that ever before that they will. I'll post another update when I open my next account.
Stephen Schiffman, one of the most renowned sales trainers, discusses how to assess your current performance and then increase your sales. If you've read Getting to Closed, skip the first section or just consider it a useful review. From Getting to Closed, you already know his techniques for tracking your numbers and understanding your ratios. He offers insight on how to move from initial contacts to prospects to sales and how to continually delve for new customers while working with your most promising leads. What really makes this book sing are the short, bite-sized chapters and concluding action items that help you implement and practice each axiom. Schiffman's succinct, breezy style makes this a quick, easy read. You'll also find his examples of phone conversations and responses helpful as a guide to adapt to your own situation. We from getAbstract leave this message: call Shiffman into action to increase your sales as you put these steps to work.
on December 2, 2005
I just got this book yesterday and am already more than half way through-it keeps you moving along and wanting to read each following chapter. i have no prior experience in telesales (or any sales) and this book has answered a lot of questions for me already. every time a question comes up, it seems it is answered within the following few chapters. the book is orgainzed very well and i can see how its suggestions will help me when i start my new job. i am very eager to put them to use!
on February 2, 2014
If you need a good primer for cold calling this is as good as any I suppose. The techniques are dated and a little bit aggressive. People don't really respond to the old school arm twisting anymore. I would suggest "The accidental Salesperson" as a better overall primer to the sales process in the 21st century. However if you want scripts and a step by step guide to getting up and running for a newbie this book will have you smilin' and dialin' in no time.
on September 16, 2015
got a few solid "reminders" of the picture and specific "things to do" with a prospect. I like the authors ability to re-configure the buyer/seller perspective. This allows the shift in point of view that makes "countering" expected responses with "verbal moves" that turn the prospect around.
Good, solid, specific statements to "turn around" a resistant buyer using their own words. Powerful "play on words" and inter-personal "judo". Knowing what words to expect, in advance, and having words to "counter" the anticipated resistance when it occurs. Good stuff.
on October 10, 2005
There are no fads in selling. It's just hard work. Shiffman's book breaks down the key elements of engaging customers into no-nonsense, blocking and tackling steps. Follow the steps to success. Well done!
VINE VOICEon January 2, 2006
Now this has practical tips from the trenches and you can tell the author isnt writing about theory but has done it himself. For someone with no experience in the field this is a handson guide with actionable items anyone can do when theyre finished.

Well worth the read if youre into teleselling
on October 18, 2012
I ordered this book for my team of Inside Sales Reps and a trainer came in and trained them on the concepts. This book provides the basics of making a cold call, battling knee-jerk objections, and directing the conversation. It explains that sales is a process and that a successful first call results in a second call. My reps were looking to quote and sell on the first call and that really doesn't apply to our industry (capital equipment). I've also used this selling office supplies. It can be applied to any telesales job.
on July 4, 2007
This book offers a great way to dissect your sales call, identify what's missing (or what's overkill), measure its effectiveness, and improve your strategy. I purchased this book with another "highly rated" telephone sales book after scouring every book regarding tele-sales and telemarketing at my library. This is the best current publication that I have found.