Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on April 12, 2014
Even though I'm a Los Angeles Lakers fan, I decided to read Stephen Curry: The Inspiring Story of One of Basketball's Sharpest Shooters because I had read Clayton Geoffrey's other work on Steve Nash and enjoyed it. Needless to say, I really enjoyed this short read. The book covered a lot of neat things I did not know about Steph such as the fact that he was not heavily recruited by any major Division I basketball team and that he is a devoted follower of Christ who not only displays his unselfishness on the basketball court but also off the court. This is a well-written work that shares the incredible story of Steph Curry's rise in the NBA. Since my Lakers are out of the playoffs this time around, I'll have my eyes on the Warriors as they try to make a splash in the 2014 NBA Playoffs.
on October 23, 2015
I purchased this book for my 11 year-old grandson who LOVES Steph Curry. It was very insightful as to his early childhood and upbringing, core value system, and overall basketball acumen. Because it was also age appropriate and not overreaching, my grandson finished it in no time flat.
on April 12, 2014
It was a treat to read the history of a professional NBA player and one of the best shooters in basketball history. This short story was a comprehensive view into Stephen Curry's life and an inspiring piece for any would-be basketball players. He has a great career ahead of him and I'm looking forward to seeing his performance in the playoffs after learning so much about him.
on April 17, 2015
Nice story of Stephen Curry's life. Great testament to the Curry quality of character and being true ton one's self. So happy see the such a great family see the wonderful success that they seen thus far. Easy to read. Nice insight.
on June 3, 2014
This book not only does an great job of giving you and overview of Stephen Curry's career, but also looks at his background. You get a sense of some of the factors which led him down the road to the NBA. I found this to be well written and interesting.
I am not normally one for Sports Biographies, yet I have some incredibly dedicated and devoted NBA fans in my family – a fact that had me buying this book when I came across it. I am always up for learning new things, and discovering the backstory of a star seemed the first step in that direction.
“Stephen Curry: The Inspiring Story of One of Basketball’s Sharpest Shooters” is just that, an inspiring story – one that any fan will enjoy reading, and quite a few non-fans (like myself) as well.
A short read this is none the less and appealing one. The son of a NBA shooter, Steph Curry had the NBA in his blood, and his rocket trajectory to fame since his entrance in 2009 shows it. This unauthorized biography covers Stehp’s early life, the high school years on through his College career at Davidson then finally to his draft and the way he has changed The Golden State Warriors.
Fascinating and almost fated, this is a story of a mad MEANT to be in the NBA.
on July 23, 2014
If you are at all a basketball fan, this is a great read. I'm not particularly a fan of Stephen Curry or even the Warriors basketball team, but the book is inspiring to just about anyone. I'm a big fan of biographical books and this one didn't disappoint. Well done.
on January 21, 2016
My interest in this short unauthorized biography was not necessarily that Stephen Curry is the reigning National Basketball Association (NBA) Most Valuable Player, a member of the 2014-15 Championship team or the fact that that his team is currently an incredible 39-4 as I write this, with a real shot at beating the all-time record of 72-10 set by Michael Jordan’s Bulls in the 1995-96 season. What really attracted to me to Curry’s story, in addition to all of the above, is that he is known for his Christian beliefs.

Curry was born in 1988 in Akron, Ohio. His father Del was an NBA player and coach and his mother Sonya was an accomplished volleyball player. They met at Virginia Tech. His parents provided Stephen and his brother Seth (also a basketball player), the following priorities in life - faith, family and academics above everything else, including sports.

Curry attended Davidson University, where he played for three seasons before leaving for the NBA where he was drafted as the seventh overall pick by the Golden State Warriors in the 2009 draft. In his 104 games at Davidson, Curry finished with averages of 25.3 points, 4.5 rebounds, and 5.7 assists per game. His 2,635 total points and 414 total three-pointers are both Davidson records.

Curry’s early seasons were hampered by injuries (spent the spent the entire 2011-12 season recovering from ankle injuries and undergoing a season-ending surgery, for example). He and teammate Klay Thompson, are nicknamed the “Splash Brothers” for their shooting abilities. The author states that even at this relatively early stage of Curry’s career, some are already considering him the greatest shooter in history.

The author takes us through Curry’s NBA career, through most of the 2014-15 season when the Warriors had a league-best record of 67-15, Curry was the top vote-getting in the All-Star Game, and was named the NBA Most Valuable Player. The book went to press before the end of the playoffs and the Warriors winning the NBA Championship.

Curry professed Christ while in the fourth grade at the Central Church of God in Charlotte. He writes bible verses on his basketball shoes. He is married to Ayesha and the couple has two daughters. He has a strong work ethic and though only 27 years old is a wonderful role model. The author tells us that Curry has stated in interviews that he felt that God wanted to use him in the league to show that not all successful athletes live the celebrity lifestyle that comes with all the money and fame.

I enjoyed this short book about Steph Curry. The author sometimes goes overboard with superlatives and didn’t have any contact with Curry. Still, for those who want to know about this role model, this is an excellent book to check out.
on February 18, 2016
I got this book to keep a nephew busy during a family weekend. He really enjoyed learning more about one of his favorite basketball players. A couple days later, I picked the book up too out of curiousity. I’m not a huge basketball fan, but I got a kick out of discovering the human side and background of this elite professional athlete. I appreciated the author’s writing style. He tells Curry’s story in a straightforward, concise manner that is easy to follow (for either a younger person or even someone not as familiar with the game, such as myself). Highly recommended!
on April 3, 2016
Good reading material of his life story. It tells a life story of Stephen Curry. However a lot of stats and numbers. I have more respect for him. Not as inspirational as I thought it would be but it is a good read.

I received a discount on this product in exchange for an honest and unbiased review and all opinions are based on my personal experience with this