5.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine
Published on February 27, 2012 by Chas Berlin

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay AWAY
Published on July 26, 2011 by ac187

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay AWAY, July 26, 2011
This review is from: 6-in Stereo 3.5mm (1/8") Y-Splitter, 1 Male to 2 Female (Electronics)
As with the other reviewers, the product displayed is not the product received. You will receive a cable that splits your stereo into two separate channels and not two stereo signals. Since this has been documented here for months and for all to see, I can only assume the seller is knowingly selling the wrong product and hoping the receiving customers don't care enough to get a refund or don't notice.

Thankfully, if you do ask for a refund, the seller will promptly refund the cost.

Spend a couple dollars more and go for the Belkin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine, February 27, 2012
After ordering this same part from two other companies here at Amazon, I was so happy to finally get one that worked. The other two advertised stereo splitters, but actually split stereo into two monaural outputs. This product does the job! Perfect for two headphone setups, or as I am using it, to split the sound card output on my computer to 1. computer speakers and 2. speakers in the living room - where my computer feeds into the TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfectly good, August 6, 2010
The other reviewer must be mixed up somehow; this is just a regular stereo splitter cable, all black, molded construction. Couldn't find one at walmart or circuit city so I have to pay more in shipping than for the cable itself, but that's life.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy if from this seller "Cmple", they will send you the wrong one, September 13, 2011
This splitter is not split a stereo 3.5mm to two stereo 3.5mm. Actually it split one stereo 3.5mm to two mono 3.5mm, one for left channel and other for right channel. Some customers got the right one because they might buy it from different sellers. I bought it from "Cmple" and got the wrong one. I received the item as in the second picture, one black male split to red and white female.
It is a cheap item, I will just throw it away, don't want to waste my money to return it. I should have read other reviews before buying it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong product, October 29, 2010
I received my package on time but received wrong item. I contacted the seller and received a refund the next day. So altho they sent the wrong thing they did make it right quick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, June 6, 2012
Polomare (South Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
I don't know why other reviewers had complaints and confusion about what this product is. It does exactly what it claims, allows two outputs to receive audio signal from one jack. Tried it with all combinations of headphones and auxiliary speakers and it works great. No loss of volume or clarity. Noticed the one I got is made of nice, hefty wire, not cheap and flimsy like I've seen before. And the price can't be beat. I highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, December 30, 2011
Great for plugging into a CD player, ipod, or MP3 player to play using two headphones. :) This is a good buy; & was pretty cheaply priced.

Wait. Is cheaply a word?
Yes, yes it is.

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm sure this item is great, but..., May 24, 2011
I ordered this item and I think they sent me something else. The two female ends of the splitter I received are red and white to indicate left and right (like RCA cables). When I plug headphones into the red one, it only plays sound in the right speaker. When I plug them into the white one, it only plays in the left speaker. I'm not sure how this item can be useful to anyone. I'll have to purchase again from someone else and hope I get what I need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great splitter, May 27, 2011
Baker "NetFishing" (Penn, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This is just what I was looking for to connect my computer to tv.
Easy to install. Works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, November 16, 2011
This "Y" Cable was just what I needed to complete my home audio video set up. This allows my to connect my computer and satilite radio into the only AUX port on my surround sound.