1,125 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Headphones
These are amazing quality for the price. The noise canceling aspect is great. The sound quality is not perfect but it is good enough. You will hear a little static sometimes but it is more than livable. In fact most of the time you won't even notice it. Haven't had a chance to try out the ear buds yet but the headphones alone are worth a lot more that $8.
Published on May 17, 2010 by Andy

3.0 out of 5 stars It depends.
Published on November 9, 2010 by Bunzasteel

3.0 out of 5 stars It depends., November 9, 2010
Bunzasteel "Steph" (Brooklyn, New York) - See all my reviews
The actual headphones have pretty decent sound. I knew I wasn't getting bose quality when I ordered them but I expected at least a usable sound quality and I got that. However, after about a week of minor use with them whenever I would move my head i could hear something large shaking around within the left ear part. As though something had dislodged. After a while that stopped. Then the right ear started. Then the sound got weird and tinny unless I held the cord at a certain angle. I'm happy to say that at the moment [i'm using them as I type this] they're back to their original average quality. They definitely don't seem to be long term headphones but for the price I'm still satisfied. Also, when I thought that maybe I'd give the headphones a rest and use the earbuds for a while I was terribly disappointed at the sound quality. Much like everyone else said, the sound quality of the earbuds is pretty awful and airy and...bassless. But still the price drew me to them and if you just need to hear something they can manage that. Just don't expect too much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Headphones, May 17, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars "Jammerz" lives up to its name!, November 28, 2011
Bridin (Somewhere over the rainbow) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stereo -Pink - Mini-phone - Wired - Gold Plated - Over-the-head - Binaural - Ear-cup (Electronics)
I just got them so I can't mention longevity or durability because, obviously, I don't know yet.

Okay, the review of the earbuds (goes in the ear) first because it was left unused by the other review (not that it's her fault, just that she doesn't use them). They're NOT UNCOMFORTABLE and they're the BEST FOR THE PRICE but I'm used to skull candy, which are extremely comfortable. However, my skullcandy earbuds (usually in my favorite color: purple) die every few months (seemingly right after the warranty ends- my last one was ONE DAY past warranty) and I have higher hopes for these. As far as eatbuds go, they look pretty sturdy. The pink is limited to the thicker connection between white wire and ipod, as well as a majority of the earbuds tips *though there is some silver color, a small circle on the back). The tip (the non wire part) is also seemingly very sturdy, at least from first appearance. I hope it holds up better than the skullcandy. And the sound is very good! Perhaps not quite as excellent as skullcandy, quality wise (the headphones are excellent, though!) but not as fuzzy as some have been. but the sound is very loud: in a good way not a muddy, sloppy way.
Overall, for earbuds: 7.5/10 (and skullcandy not being much better at 8)

These are for the headphones which go over the ears for sound blocking and/or antisocial music, or around the neck for a more casual, open way). Around the neck, you can position it rests against your skin on its sides or back. If you want the sides against your skin, you might want to elongate the sides as much as possible and let it clasp your neck like a pink and black collar. If you want it with the bottoms down, shorten it some so that they rest flush against the hollows of your neck. The sound quality is great (then again, I've never used headphones before, only earbuds, so I don't know how it is compared to other over the ear headphones). It's very loud (but still clear and crisp, and EXTREMELY NICE sounding). Over your ears, you'll probably need to leave it pretty short to be snug. It's nice looking. It's black, thin and angular, with a bright pink circle on the part people will see.
Overall, for the headphones: 10/10 (but I haven't used any headphones before so I don't have much to compare it to).

I would highly recommend this!

5.0 out of 5 stars So sexy.., February 9, 2010
Yes I said it. These headphones are so sexy. I'm in love with black and red. So the style fits everything I own, perfectly. The DJ style headphones are great and work perfectly with my computer. You get a nice crisp sound, no matter what bit rate your songs are at. The fact that the in-ear headphones come in a neat little case, is so perfect. It's actually a little bigger then my iPod. I have the iPod nano, 3g. The in-ear headphones also have a great sound quality. For such a low price for 2 pairs of headphones, it's totally worth it. The only problem I have with Colby heaphones, is that the in-ear styles don't last long. Or maybe it's just because I'm rough on headphones, but all in all, if you're looking for both kinds of headphones, and don't want to pay an outrageous price, then these are the ones for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars DONT DO IT, August 7, 2012
I was thinking the same thing ur probably thinking, nice looking headphones for cheap with awesome customer reviews. They're absolutely terrible, a week after I got them the left ear bud on earphones died, I'm not hard on headphones I mean I only probably used it like 10 minutes a day and when I was done with them I'd put them back in that cool little carrying case (the only thing included with these headphones that still works) so I started using the headphones. They sounded fine but I swear I just dropped them ONCE and now the right part of the headphones that goes over your ear is hanging on to by wires inside of the thing. Do yourself a big favor and listen to this review, don't buy these pieces of trash.

4.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly Good, February 29, 2012
Make no mistake these are spectacular budget headphone(and I mean budget); for the price you get surprisingly good value. This is my second pair I have purchased, my old pair broke(my fault). Who should buy these headphones and why buy such cheap headphones? Well, if you want a pair of headphones that you can use to carry around to places, going on a trip, exercising, or on a tight budget these are fantastic headphones for their price that also include ear buds; which I can't stress enough is a good value compared to other headphones in this price range. I bought these headphones as a temporary set to use until I purchased good audiophile headphones; my old headphones I used broke so I needed a new pair to use and I found these to be great to use for exercising since they are so cheap.

So, how are these headphones?

1. The sound quality is not to shabby, music through these headphones sound crisp and clear.
2. Bass is quite muddy, but it only distorts music on bass heavy music.
3. The noise cancelling is pretty good for these headphones, they cut down the volume of everything outside of the headphones about 35-45%; which isn't to bad as their more on the head headphones.
4. They are comfortable, tight and don't fall off easy, the leather isn't uncomfortable on the head thankfully.
5. About 3 feet of cord so you won't have to moving it around a lot.
6. They look nice too, but if you take them apart you can tell they are cheaply mass produced headphones.

So, how are the ear buds?

1. They are not bad, they fit in the ear tightly and comfortably.
2. The sound is crisp, clear, and just sound really good for the price; at least a lot better then apple ear buds or any other cheap ear buds I have tried.
3. Long cord which is nice.
4. Solid ear buds that will hold up well.

Conclusion

Do I recommend these? Yes, I definitely recommend this pair of headphones and ear buds for such a low price. These are perfect for exercising or trips if you don't want to carry around more expensive headphones too. If you're on a tight budget and just want something very cheap that sounds good, these are for you. These have to be the best cheap headphones I've ever tried. Of course these will sound terrible to anything over 30-50$ dollars, so don't compare these to anything else other then ones in the same price range.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Until Broken, January 25, 2011
I loved these headphones at first. They were so comfortable and the sound was great. Sadly, very shortly the headphones were no longer working. I would have to hold the headphone jack at an angle into my mp3 player in order to hear sound. Needless to say, I returned them. These headphones have great qualities at first, but simply do not last more than a few short weeks.

1.0 out of 5 stars May be okay for light use, but awful for longer comfort, August 18, 2011
I bought these headphones because I watch a lot of movies on my laptop, and needed a pair of headphones to replace my broken in-ear buds. When these headphones arrived, I was thrilled - they're just as stylish as the picture shows, and the extra set of ear buds was good for when I went on-the-go with my laptop. I quickly realized, though, that the headphones themselves weren't going to meet my needs. When I first put them on, it was a slight squeeze, but nothing too bad... after an hour, though, my ears were so sore that I had to take the headphones off. I tried adjusting the length of the headpiece, but I still had the same problem. Because the headphones were so tight, the rim of cushioning around the inner edge of the headphones pressed tightly against the outer edges of my ears, making it very uncomfortable / mildly painful to wear for more than an hour. This rendered them pretty much useless to me. Also, while I'm no audiophile, the sound quality was a little disappointing. My old $5 ear buds from blockbuster sounded much better than this set. (The ear buds included in this package worked beautifully, though.)

If you're in the market for headphones to use only occasionally, these might be adequate. But if you're looking for something with good sound quality and any comfort, I wouldn't get these. I ended up returning mine (and Amazon was great and hassle-free during the process!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Above and beyond what I expected., October 11, 2010
Granted, I only purchased these headphones last week, so I can't speak for their durability or lasting quality. I live in Manhattan, and my morning commute involves a lot of walking through the loud noise of the city. I have used the same pair of iPhone headphones for the past year and a half, which just finally fell apart on me (and never were really loud enough to combat the noise without cranking the volume all the way).

I expected these headphones, given their low price, to be mediocre, but purchased them because their over-the-ear style seemed like it would suit my needs better. After two days of using them, I'm blown away. The sound quality is gorgeous, and I would have expected to pay a lot more for this quality. The noise-cancelling feature is not advertised, because it does not completely cancel all surrounding noise, but it definitely blocks enough sound to allow you to focus while still being able to notice if, say, some large crowd is shouting about a fire. I don't generally listen to music that has much bass at all, but I tried listening to some bass-heavy songs, and was quite impressed by their performance. They are very padded (on the ear pieces as well as the headband) making them very comfortable for extended wear.

Overall, I highly recommend these headphones to anybody looking for an inexpensive pair of headphones that give a bit more than your standard earbuds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, June 30, 2012
These headphone are perfect, they have a nice design, very good sound quality, and light weight. Highly recommend to everyone.

Rate and Discover Movies