From the Publisher
Long awaited by the chemistry community, here is the most important work on stereochemistry--the study of molecules in 3D--by the leading authorities in the field. It is the first comprehensive review of this important field in 30 years, since Eliel's original groundbreaking work, Stereochemistry of Carbon Compounds, was published. The book provides a thorough, organized treatment of modern stereochemistry as applied to organic compounds, covering both basic principles and practical aspects. Includes over 1,000 illustrations and chemical structures, numerous tables including ones on conformational energies and physical properties, over 2,500 references, and a glosssary of terms.
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
Stereochemistry of Organic Compounds The first fully referenced,comprehensive book on this subject in more than thirty years,Stereochemistry of Organic Compounds contains up-to-date coverageand insightful exposition of all important new concepts,developments, and tools in the rapidly advancing field ofstereochemistry, including:
* Asymmetric and diastereoselective synthesis
* Conformational analysis
* Properties of enantiomers and racemates
* Separation and analysis of enantiomers and diastereoisomers
* Developments in spectroscopy (including NMR), chromatography, andmolecular mechanics as applied to stereochemistry
* Conceptual foundations of stereochemistry, including terminologyand symmetry concepts
* Chiroptical properties
Written by the leading authorities in the field, the text includesmore than 4,000 references, 1,000 illustrations, and a glossary ofstereochemical terms.