5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy Built and BPA FREE!
Published on October 5, 2012 by G. L. West

1.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE
Published 11 months ago by DIANE GRANGER

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy Built and BPA FREE!, October 5, 2012
This review is from: Sterilite 4804106 1 Gal Twist & Pour Pitcher
I just bought two of these. They are sturdy and ergonomic. I love that they are BPA free. I was concerned when buying because the image shows a woman holding a thumb on the lid to pour. So I assumed the lid may fall off when pouring but you only have so many to choose from on a one gallon plastic container, so I took the chance. These stay on well and pour fine. I'm glad I went with these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blue Top Pitcher, March 26, 2012
This review is from: Sterilite 4804106 1 Gal Twist & Pour Pitcher
Great Pitcher for tea, juice, water even soup. easy pour, does not seem to stain with the color of the of liquid

5.0 out of 5 stars Good item for the price, December 25, 2013
John S. Dean "John" (Sturtevant, WI United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sterilite 4804106 1 Gal Twist & Pour Pitcher
I drink a LOT of iced tea, since I don't drink coffee or soda or anything else other than water. But over time they all get somewhat stained. As things start to wear like that, I swap out for another, trying to find a better unit.

The one I had been using up until now had a rocker type opening on top, press the back and it pivots up in the front to open the spout, press on the front and it closes that up again. I didn't care much for it since it has a tendency to shoot random drops of iced tea or condensation around when you pop it open, unless you keep your hand over the top when you do, in which case it's your hand that gets wet.

I could not argue the price for this, it holds a sufficient capacity for me to make one batch for a day or two. It's easy to hold, pours well, and easier to clean than the one I'm getting rid of. My only complaint would be the height, since it's taller than I would have preferred, but it's easy enough to adjust the shelf in my fridge to make it fit better.

I love the flow though - I have a HUGE 50 oz mug I use for my iced tea, and the old pitcher didn't have a fast flow when pouring, so it took a while. This one is very fast, and I've had no problems with the top popping off while pouring.

We'll see how long it lasts, since ideally for the iced tea I should use glass, but I can't find a large enough glass one in a shape I prefer. So meanwhile I'll keep trying different plastic ones looking for the right one.

Edit - about 2 months later, still not a single bit of a stain in this one. It's held up to being filled with iced tea 24/7 and anytime I clean it, still looks brand new.

4.0 out of 5 stars thirsty, May 22, 2011
This review is from: Sterilite 4804106 1 Gal Twist & Pour Pitcher
this item worked well for a party we were having and still using it for tea and has washed well

will purchase from company again

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, January 1, 2012
This review is from: Sterilite 4804106 1 Gal Twist & Pour Pitcher
Put it in the dishwasher three times now and it's still good as new. Sturdy and will last a long time. Great buy for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy Plastic!!!, October 23, 2012
This review is from: Sterilite 4804106 1 Gal Twist & Pour Pitcher
I purchased this item to replace the pitchers that I have had for so many years that the bottoms are stained with tea and Kool Aid. You can't find these kind of pitchers in stores like Walmart or Target because they no longer stock them. I could only find the flimsy plastic ones or ones that only have a 1 to 2 quart capacity.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little jar!, September 8, 2012
This review is from: Sterilite 4804106 1 Gal Twist & Pour Pitcher
it has two holes, one is a normal opening and another has crisscross material. its good if you want to leave out chunks of things from your drink!

5.0 out of 5 stars great big pitcher - enough for a big family, July 27, 2013
This review is from: Sterilite 4804106 1 Gal Twist & Pour Pitcher
this one gallon pitcher is enough for our family to get enough to drink at dinner without refilling the pitcher

4.0 out of 5 stars Meh., December 2, 2013
o_b_100 (Dreamland, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sterilite 4804106 1 Gal Twist & Pour Pitcher
Good quality but I was a bit disappointed. I got it solely because I thought the lid would snap securely into place (ie not going flying off while someone, like a kid, is trying to pour a glass if liquid refreshment), but it doesn't... I guess that's why the person in the photo has her thumb on the lid ? :/

1.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE, December 28, 2013
This review is from: Sterilite 4804106 1 Gal Twist & Pour Pitcher
TOP FALLS OFF WHEN FLUIDS ARE BEING POURED. I knew about it from the reviews but I was hoping the product was corrected after the reviews. This is the first product I have ever had to return to the vendor as long as I have been shopping with Amazon. I love the fact the item did not have BPA but not at the expense of having my liquids spilled everywhere. You should not have to hold a top to pour liquids from it. Poor design flaw!

Sterilite 4804106 1 Gal Twist & Pour Pitcher