Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Package Quantity: 1|Change

on October 5, 2012
I just bought two of these. They are sturdy and ergonomic. I love that they are BPA free. I was concerned when buying because the image shows a woman holding a thumb on the lid to pour. So I assumed the lid may fall off when pouring but you only have so many to choose from on a one gallon plastic container, so I took the chance. These stay on well and pour fine. I'm glad I went with these.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon December 25, 2013
I drink a LOT of iced tea, since I don't drink coffee or soda or anything else other than water. But over time they all get somewhat stained. As things start to wear like that, I swap out for another, trying to find a better unit.

The one I had been using up until now had a rocker type opening on top, press the back and it pivots up in the front to open the spout, press on the front and it closes that up again. I didn't care much for it since it has a tendency to shoot random drops of iced tea or condensation around when you pop it open, unless you keep your hand over the top when you do, in which case it's your hand that gets wet.

I could not argue the price for this, it holds a sufficient capacity for me to make one batch for a day or two. It's easy to hold, pours well, and easier to clean than the one I'm getting rid of. My only complaint would be the height, since it's taller than I would have preferred, but it's easy enough to adjust the shelf in my fridge to make it fit better.

I love the flow though - I have a HUGE 50 oz mug I use for my iced tea, and the old pitcher didn't have a fast flow when pouring, so it took a while. This one is very fast, and I've had no problems with the top popping off while pouring.

We'll see how long it lasts, since ideally for the iced tea I should use glass, but I can't find a large enough glass one in a shape I prefer. So meanwhile I'll keep trying different plastic ones looking for the right one.

Edit - about 2 months later, still not a single bit of a stain in this one. It's held up to being filled with iced tea 24/7 and anytime I clean it, still looks brand new.
on March 26, 2012
Great Pitcher for tea, juice, water even soup. easy pour, does not seem to stain with the color of the of liquid
on August 31, 2013
I drink iced tea mix ALL THE TIME. I had been using a large Lock N Lock pitcher and it was a pretty decent done deal. I knew how much mix to throw in, how much water, and it was made. Then for no particular reason I just happened to notice that the blue strip in the cover is removable, and was I shocked. Underneath it was black mold and who knows what else. I rushed over to Amazon to find a new pitcher and chose the Sterlite 1 Gallon Twist & Pour.

It has a nice sturdy handle and a secure cover. It is large enough to make an amount of tea to last me at least two days and yet not be too heavy to lift. But the best thing about this pitcher is the fact that you can clean it very easily. And thoroughly.

It is a nice looking pitcher and I am very pleased with it.
on November 2, 2013
It's big, cleans easily, keeps my iced coffee or iced tea, or lemonade ready. It handles hot liquid just fine and the lid is easy to put on or take off (I haven't had it fall off). It's lightweight and bounces when dropped on the tile floor in the kitchen :-O It's exactly what I wanted.
on October 3, 2013
This pitcher is perfect for me. I wanted an inexpensive, plastic, gallon pitcher for tea and I got the Sterilite because of reviews and I'm not disappointed! I love it and I would buy it again. If you're looking for a gallon pitcher, I would definitely give this one a try.
on December 29, 2015
I've been drinking a lot of water with Crystal Light in it. It's easier for me to mix up a whole pitcher full to keep ready instead of using the smaller single-serve packets. I had a pitcher but since I use it for iced tea, I wanted one just to use for the Crystal Light in case the plastic absorbed some of the flavors (I didn't want my tea to be flavored). I knew that I wanted a very large plastic pitcher, so I found this one that holds a gallon of liquid. So far so good. It holds a lot of liquid and is very sturdy. I was afraid that the top would fall off since it doesn't lock in place, but no problems yet. Very happy with this!
on March 2, 2016
I make iced tea a few times a week, so I needed a large, sturdy pitcher to hold it and didn't want to drop a lot of money. This one is perfect. It's easy to clean in between iced tea batches and it pours neatly (with two different slot for pouring liquid). The pitcher is heavy when it's full, but it is holding a gallon of liquid, so that's the be expected. Handle is easy to grip and very secure so you don't feel like it's about to fall out of your hands when it's full. Great item for the price!
on March 17, 2015
The pitcher seems to be made of decently thick material, and I like that it is see through which makes it easy to see how much of whatever is left. The lid seems solid, went on tight but isn't something difficult to put on or off. I love that it is a gallon, means less making of drinks for me. And the price was really good I think.

The pitcher is good and solid, but a few things to note for people: The opening to pour is a tad on the big side, so be careful with kids as they may spill it if they aren't careful with flow rate. And it is pretty big and heavy, so while I have no problem pouring with one hand it might be a bit more difficult for people that have less strength.

Also note, it is tall. I didn't think about size too much before buying because I literally have only beer and bread in my fridge most of the time. But it turned out that it was actually too tall for the shelves in my fridge. I had to remove one of the hanging drawers from the top self so it could fit in correctly. Now I have a smaller fridge since I live in an apartment, but might want to just double check you have the space on the shelf that this will be going onto.
on August 19, 2015
DO I USE THESE FOR ICED TEA, NO...
DO I USE THESE FOR ICE WATER, NO...
I USE THESE TO SPREAD SAND ON MY SIDEWALK IN THE WINTER.
HERE IN THE NEW YORK STATE, PUTTING SALT ON YOUR CONCRETE SIDEWALK AND DRIVEWAY WILL FLAKE THE CEMENT AND DESTROY YOUR SIDEWALK.
THESE PITCHERS HOLD A FULL GALLON OF
PLAY SAND AND I SHAKE THE PITCHER TO APPLY A NICE LAYER OF SAND AFTER I SHOVEL THE SNOW...
NO TRIP AND FALL LAW SUITS IS THE GOAL.
THESE ARE VERY STRONG PITCHERS.