5.0 out of 5 stars Good Natural Sterilation!
I just recieved my steripods this week and I love them. Very easy to use! I also did a quick google on the primary ingredient, thymol, to ensure it was safe/effective. If I could give this a 10, I would!

Published on June 23, 2011 by KBrown

1.0 out of 5 stars "It Makes Me Feel So-o-o Good To Use It"
Here is a review that will be lost in the hundreds of "feel-good" 5-star reviews.

Published 11 months ago by Careful Reviewer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Natural Sterilation!, June 23, 2011
This review is from: Steripod Clip-on Toothbrush Sanitizer (8 Steripods) Green/Blue (Health and Beauty)

Wikipedia: Thymol (also known as 2-isopropyl-5-methylphenol, IPMP) is a natural monoterpene phenol derivative of cymene, C10H14O, isomeric with carvacrol, found in oil of thyme, and extracted as a white crystalline substance of a pleasant aromatic odor and strong antiseptic properties.

Thymol is part of a naturally occurring class of compounds known as biocides, with strong antimicrobial attributes when used alone or with other biocides such as carvacrol. Additionally, naturally-occurring biocidal agents such as thymol can reduce bacterial resistance to common drugs such as penicillin.

1.0 out of 5 stars "It Makes Me Feel So-o-o Good To Use It", March 28, 2014

I tried this because it seemed like a good idea. When I took it off my brush that night, after the first use, I noticed the brush was still wet from the morning's brushing (not good) but, (hah) this has special chemicals known to kill germs. Of course, who knows at what concentrations or if direct contact is needed. Well, guess what: the ADA says, basically, there is no evidence that these things keep you from getting sick and, if it makes you feel good to use something like this, make sure it's FDA approved (this isn't). Then, at least, you know it's not dangerous even though it doesn't do anything. Besides, when was the last time you verified that you got sick from your toothbrush?

The only legitmate studies that exist about sanitizing your toothbrush say that hydrogen peroxide or listerine rinses work and, beyond that: store your toothbrush upright, let it dry and keep it a reasonable distance from your toilet. All of these 5-star ratings are based upon how good it makes the reviewers "feel" about using it. At least they warn you on their package that: "Steripod does not protect you against disease." Well, if you need a placebo, go for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally protection for my toothbrush!, September 4, 2010
I love these! I have always thought how gross it was to have your toothbrush in the bathroom. After hearing about all the particles in the air after flushing, yuck! In a perfect world you would store your toothbrush in a drawer but this is real life and it does not happen. I can now just clip this on and the gross though is gone from my head. Thank you Steripods! I am going to put them in everybody's stockings at Christmas!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Perfect, September 14, 2010
I bought this in Bed, Bath & Beyond; in the beyond part I guess, I'm soooo happy having my toothbrush protected that I decided to look for it in Amazon and buy a dozen of these for my family to use it. It's an antibacterial plus for our teeth. :)

Definitely a must have, this is the first thing you should pack when traveling or for your kids that constantly have sleepovers.

3.0 out of 5 stars It would be better . . ., November 2, 2011
if they weren't so dang breakable. :/

I'm not sure how many of these things I've broken, but it's not like I'm slamming it on the sink or throwing it off the roof or anything. I know one time I had it on the toothbrush and it slid off the bathroom counter and fell onto the soft RUG covering the floor. When I picked it up, I saw that the little plastic tab on one side had broken and it was no longer able to stay on right. Another time the clip slipped from me while I was putting it on the toothbrush, and instead of gently closing it, it snapped shut. Of course the plastic tab broke again. If it weren't for the breakability of these things, I'd like them more . . .

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, November 18, 2013
Awesome - exactly what i was looking for. This past summer flies were SO bad but it was so hot I had to leave the doors open. That being said, I was pretty grossed out having my toothbrush exposed to potential fly activity - this solved the problem! They smell like a dentist's office - which I thought was great.

4.0 out of 5 stars at home and traveling keep your toothbrush clean, January 21, 2011
This little device works and keeps your toothbrush clean at home and when you are traveling. It is not exposed to all that things that can happen when it is not covered. It also has a sanitizing agent in it. First discovered it at a retail store as I was checking out. It needs to be replaced every 3 months so when I needed to replace the steripod, I checked with Amazon. It is a great item at a great price which is found on Amazon. I would not be without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, plenty roomy and easy to use, January 12, 2014
I have had other covers that fit tightly but these are nice a roomy and just clip on like a clothespin type hinge. Why does this matter? My mother has very bad arthritic hands and can use these. the others where not hand friendly. They keep out the airborne junk and if the pad inside sanitizes, great. At least I feel better that there is 'something' on the toothbrush for those who might not close the toilet lid when the flush!

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't know if it sterilizes, July 6, 2011
It's hard to know if it actually steralizes anything, but like all new yorkers living in older apartment buildings we have the occasional roach. The idea of one crawling onto my bristles late at night really grossed me out so I figured covering the bristles would give me a little piece of mind.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work great; wish it could be 'recharged', March 6, 2014
This is a nice product, but I feel it's a bit wasteful.

The package contains two pods. Each pod is basically a plastic bubble on a clip. Within this bubble is an area which encases a pad soaked in thyme oil. There are several tiny holes here which allow the thyme oil scent to emanate into the pod. You clip the pod over the head of your toothbrush, and the thyme oil-scented bubble protects your toothbrush and keeps it cleaner. Eventually the thyme oil is fully dissipated, at which point you throw the pod away, and replace it with a new pod. The pod interior is pretty large, so I imagine a wide variety of toothbrush styles would fit. I wasn't troubled by the scent or taste (I rinse my brush off before using), but I like the smell of thyme oil, while some people dislike it.

I rather dislike the idea of having to throw these pods in the trash rather than being able to re-soak the pad with fresh thyme oil. I am going to try it; but I don't think it will soak in very well through the tiny holes in the pod.