Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now SnS

on March 5, 2009
First, let me clarify that by giving this 3 stars, I mean only to say that the earrings were average. They neither exceeded my expectations nor were they a disappointment in any way. I think I read all of the reviews on this product before I bought it, and I admit I was a bit worried by the low price and certain comments (particularly about size). I realized after receiving my earrings that perhaps no one had been specific about size because it varies from one set to the next. For example, the black pearls were 5mm while the pink ones were 7mm. I assume that for another customer, these sizes would vary yet again, but probably within the same range. I actually happen to prefer that size range anyway, as my ears just don't support large studs. For the most part, I feel that each pair was well matched in size, though the black pearl pair that I received was a bit poorly matched for color. One is mostly blue, the other mostly purple. However, I did not find, as other reviewers did, that any of the colors were difficult to tell apart. I really feel that I received a good variety of color, and the price was certainly right. I will also post a customer photograph of the set I received so that you can see what I'm talking about. As yet another reviewer has said; this is an excellent set of starter pearls for those who don't want to spend a fortune. They are pretty and small, and a lovely variety.

-Edit-
Interesting. I noticed today that they took down the photos I posted. Admittedly, they were pretty old photos now, but I'm not quite sure what to make of that. Maybe the product changed? It doesn't look like it from what they have up, but I suppose it's possible.
review image review image
22 comments|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2008
I just received these yesterday and was so happy with them! You get 5 pairs of pearl earrings with silver posts and backings. The pearls are beautiful with nice colors. No two pearls are identical so there are some slight differences between them in the shape, size and color but you don't really notice unless you are looking really hard. For the price and value you can't beat these ! I have searched the Internet and stores and have not found any better deals out there.
on May 29, 2010
These earrings made the skin in my ears react as they generally do to lower grade metals (nickel) and non-hypo-allergenic earrings. Usually my ears are fine with sterling silver, so what are these made from I wonder?
on April 10, 2008
Smaller than indicated yet elegant and worth the money - at less than $2 a pair, this is a steal for pearls and sterling silver. Quality is quite good; colors look pretty. Excellent deal!
on December 6, 2008
This is a great deal for the price! The earrings are very pretty, a good size, and the colors are beautiful. Since they are fresh water pearls I was expecting variations in the pearls. I did not notice any color variations between the pearls I recieved. The colors are right on. However, there are slight variations in the shapes of the pearls(the chocolate ones are button shaped, and one black earring is slightly bigger than the other) but nothing so drastic that you will notice while wearing them. I had set the bar kind of low for these because of the low price, but when I recieved them, they exceeded my expectations. I am going to be ordering some more to give as Christmas gifts. You won't be dissappointed.
on July 19, 2009
The size is nice, shape consistent. However, color of the peacock is dark grey and TWO of the pairs are broken. Of course, I didn't notice this until I went to put on one of the broken pairs weeks after receiving them. A little late to really do anything. They are cute, but I recommend that you check each pair upon arrival. Remove the back and see if the pearl falls off. Oh, yeah! One of the pairs didn't have a back that went on all the way.
on November 2, 2011
Pros: This set is a great value. For a set of 5 pairs of freshwater pearls, you just can't beat the deal. I feel confident wearing these earrings to the office, with any suit, and designer heels and handbag, and no one knows the wiser.

Cons: You will not wow any VP or partner's wife with these earrings. They are not giant oyster bombs waiting to explode awesomeness all over your lobes, or wherever. They also do not come in classic black pearl sheen, no matter what you take "peacock" to mean. Finally, I just wish Amazon supported more sustainable pearl vendors and had some seal to verify it.

Bottom line: Buy these for everyday wear. Buy something else (sustainable, fair trade) for a special occasion.
on September 16, 2008
I loved getting these earrings in the mail. I like how small they are, not too overwhelming or too tiny (I have double piercings, so I have small studs in the back).

The pearly blue-green pair I wear daily, and the brown are gorgeous. I'm not a fan of light blue or pink, because they're circular pearls and not "flatter" like the blue-green pair, but they came in handy with nice outfits I had to wear last week.

Even if you only end up liking one pair, it's still an amazing buy. If you're not interested, I could see them being a perfect purchase for a gift for someone you know.
on April 13, 2009
I thought this product was a little too good to be true. I was right. After the first time I wore one of the pairs they broke. The post came unglued. You get what you pay for. There are five pairs so I guess I still have four to use. For the price they are not too bad I guess.
on August 20, 2013
Great Stocking Stuffer!

Got them for my daughter, and she absolutely loves them, the color choices played a great part in her fashion wardrobe for school. For those parents whom are reluctant about buying certain jewelry for their kids, these are a clean, and conservative looking choice. Plus you get a nice bang for your buck.

Being one of those uneasy dads, when it comes to looking for your daughters presents or gifts, I'm sure glad I went with these.