4.0 out of 5 stars The pendant in the picture is better
Published on March 25, 2008 by E. Pinedo

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
Published on January 26, 2009 by Lissa

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, January 26, 2009
This is a finely-crafted piece, and I was afraid after reading a few of the reviews here that the heart would not fit well in the casing, but it does. The heart is also wider than I expected. Nevertheless, somehow it is less beautiful that the picture suggests. It's a little flatter than I thought it would be, and I was expecting light red glass, but it's so dark it looks dull brown. Because of this, it doesn't look as impressive even with the help of the silver case, and while it's definitely not terrible, it's below my expectations. I won't be returning it, though, because the silver chain is absolutely gorgeous. It really sparkles in the light, and I'm happy with it. Was it worth $50, just for that? No, but I'll live. It just would've been so much prettier if the heart had been closer to the lighter color in the picture.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ugly Heart with Nice Metal Work, February 19, 2009
The picture of the Item is highly decieving. The heart that I recieved was very flat and not transparent as depicted in the picture. Actually, when comparing the stone to a stone color scale, it is a dark amber and not even close to the anything red. I ordered this for my wife as a gift for valentines, this made me embarrassed to give it as a gift because I had shown her the image of what was on the way. I had to show her the image because Amazon stated that if I ordered the item promptly, I would be recieving it the day before Valentines, this was a incorrect. I received it on 2/19/09. Even with a white shirt, the nice metal work in the back will not ever be seen through the stone by an admirer. The stone and metal are not worth the marked up cost. I went to a local jewelry store and found something much better for the same amount for my wife. This will be my first return because the images are misleading, and should be corrected.

4.0 out of 5 stars The pendant in the picture is better, March 25, 2008
I've been waiting for this to arrive for nearly two months and now thats it's finally here well...it's pretty but not that pretty. The pendant doesn't seem to be well made as the glass heart doesn't neatly fit into the metal piece. I intended to give this pendant to a friend of mine for her birthday but now I'm not so sure. Don't set the bar up to high you might be disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dark and cheap, October 25, 2009
This review is from: Sterling Silver Marcasite and Gemstone -Colored Glass Heart Pendant Necklace, 18" (Jewelry)
The stone is very dark in this piece - it looks black unless you shine a bright light through it from the back. This, of course, is not something that will ever happen when wearing it around your neck. The worst part was the lower "basket" the marcasite was badly set and it looked like someone had tried to slopily glue the pieces in place after they had fallen out. The stones looked hazy and yellow and the whole piece just looks junky and cheap. The chain is fairly nice, but it doesn't mask the fact that the pendant is really of poor quality. I returned it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, April 27, 2008
I bought this for myself as a birthday present and was so excited when it FINALLY arrived. I don't know why but when I opened the packaged I was expecting the pendant to be a little bit bigger, but it's pretty just the same. The quality is very good.
The The first time I wore it I received so many compliments. I wish it came in different colors!

2.0 out of 5 stars Glass Colors Vary, January 22, 2010
With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I was searching for a gift for that special someone who absolutely loves marcasite jewelry. This elegant glass, marcasite, and sterling silver creation could have been perfect. I knew when I purchased this piece that I wasn't going to receive the red colored version displayed on this website.

When removing the pendant from the pouch, I could not help but noticing the 18" Singapore chain glistening in the light. One can only imagine my disappointment when I caught a glimpse of the brown not garnet, flat glass heart mounted in the silver and marcasite casing. Indeed photographs can be deceiving. The intricate filigree on the back of the pendant could not be seen through the dark glass.

I also purchased the matching silver and marcasite tear drop earrings. Just as elegant as the pendant casing and chain. Unfortunately the glass was a very noticeable lighter shade of the brown colored heart. So much for matching up. Its a given that the pendant and earrings are on their way back to Amazon.

Overall, the chain and pendant casing are beautiful. The dark colored glass definitely lowered the overall rating of this piece. To be quite honest the glass is absolutely ugly. Obviously there are quality control issues. I do hope that others will not suffer the same misfortune.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware, December 4, 2009
It is amazing what creative photography can do for a product. A little backlight shining through the object gives it a nice glowing red color. However, unless your intended gift recipient has a nice light embedded in her chest shining outward, you may be disappointed. What you really get with this piece of jewelry is a nice setting and a dull lifeless hunk of red glass that even in bright light looks almost brown. I ordered this piece and matching ear rings for my wife for Christmas, opened the box and immediately resealled it for return. What a disapointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars WAY more beautiful in real life, March 14, 2008
I was blown away by how much prettier the necklace was once I got it! It is actually much more sophisticated and the marcasite and chain sparkle in the light. This would make an absolute perfect gift for any woman, it will thrill them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Beautiful, January 16, 2009
Ok. My girlfriend stumbled into this piece of jewelry while browsing the amazon.com site. She said "it is soooo me, i want it". And of course I said "ok ok, maybe for xmas...", thinking to myself that I would get it for her for sure since she seemed so enthusiastic about it despite my skepticism. Well, I have to say that all the good reviews about it were right. It is a very nice item, and the size is bigger than expected (or feared). It is very pretty, looks very solid (in other words, you won't see a piece of it fall off as time goes by). And above all, it made my girlfriend VERY happy. What else to ask?!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Design, Color too Dark, June 3, 2009
I love this design. Very feminine. The only thing is that the actual color of the amethyst (which probably isn't real, just listed as a color reference) is too dark & doesn't show up well. Almost looks black. The photo is shot w/light shinning into it from behind. Not one of my favorite pieces, but I'll still wear it. Wish the color would be lighter & more brilliant & show up better.

Sterling Silver Marcasite and Amethyst Colored Glass Heart Pendant Necklace, 18"
$294.99 $46.07