5.0 out of 5 stars Art Deco silver pendant

3.0 out of 5 stars If You Are Looking for Sparkle, Pass on This
Published 19 months ago by R. Graves

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Art Deco silver pendant, February 15, 2012
This review is from: S&G Sterling Silver and 14k Yellow Gold Gemstone with Diamond-Accent Art Deco Style Necklace (0.12 cttw, I-J Color, I2-I3 Clarity), 18" (Jewelry)
After buying the earrings I waited a month and bought the matching sterling, gold and saphire pendant. I love Art Deco designs and this one is classic. The sides and face are all delicately designed with angular lines and the silver looks as though it was produced by a real craftsman. The chain has some delicate and beautiful stops. I am very pleased and glad I made the purchase. The package was double boxed, making it damage proof. This is a good company to do business with, and my experieinces with Amazon have always been successful. Both the pendant and earrings are winners and I recommend them!
Flo Philips

3.0 out of 5 stars If You Are Looking for Sparkle, Pass on This, March 25, 2013
R. Graves (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
As far as deco design and vintage appeal goes, this necklace is great. I purchased the Sapphire blue, and also purchased the ring and the earrings. I'm not sure if it's the quality of the diamonds, or just the baguette cut, but there is absolutely no sparkle to this set. I was disappointed, because even in evening or twilight lighting, there should have been *some* sparkle...but no, there was none. If you hold it up to the light, the Sapphire is a beautiful, rich, royal to navy blue, but since you are wearing this against your skin, no light will filter through it from the back side, and again...it gets lost as a gemstone. If you don't mind any of that, this is a great set, and it's quality, though I didn't like the chain it came on. It was sort of cheap looking, with large links, and did not compliment the delicateness of the piece very well, except in the embellishment show in the photo. It is exactly as pictured. Of all three, I liked the matching ring best, but I returned everything.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, October 6, 2012
This isn't a "show stopper" piece of jewelry. I like it for what it is, a simple art deco inspired piece. The pictures don't really show a good side view of the necklace. It has scrolling around it which is nice but makes the piece a little chunky. I was looking for something a bit more dainty but this will do. Especially since I've scoured Chicago antique stores and had no luck finding a dainty art deco necklace. Overall I think it's a good buy. I knocked off 1 star for the unexpected chunky look and 1 for not having more of an antique feel to it as I think an art deco inspired piece should.

1.0 out of 5 stars Different than I expected, June 17, 2012
This necklace is smaller than it looks in the picture. The discription is not what you expect. Looks, small, cheap and is made of China. I do not recommend this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Beautiful!, September 6, 2011
I received both the necklace and earrings for my birthday. They are truly beautiful! As I'd hoped, the earrings are a bit smaller than the pendant. I would definitely recommend buying the set. The gold accents really make the design stand out. I've gotten many compliments. My only complaint is that I think the chain quality could be a bit better...

4.0 out of 5 stars Detailed Necklace; Wrong Chain Length, December 3, 2013
S.M.Dobransky (Upstate, New York) - See all my reviews
The necklace itself is very pretty - art deco with delicate details. The yellow gold round the accent diamonds and sapphires gives the necklace some extra depth and color. However, the chain I received fell short at just 16 1/2 inches - Amazon is supposed to send the correct length as listed in the item specifications and if not, the item will have to go back for it really does need a longer chain due to the length of the pendant.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but small, February 14, 2013
I purchased the set (necklace, earrings and ring). I am very happy with the purchase, with one exception, I feel the necklace should be about half again the size that it is (1 1/2 times it's size). It's a little small and the detail on the chain is also much smaller than it appears on the picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, February 1, 2012
I bought this and the matching earrings for my daughter's wedding. They are both beautiful, the hint of yellow gold around the sapphires is a plus, and the stones just sparkle. I really love these pieces, so much so I just came back to Amazon to buy the matching ring!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful necklace and great value!, December 8, 2011
I thought this necklace was simply beautiful when it arrived. It looks to be very high quality and the price was amazing. I bought the earrings that matched and love both of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Art Deco Jewelry, September 26, 2011
I love Art Deco jewelry, whether old or new. This beautiful Sterling Silver and Yellow Gold with blue sapphire definitely fits the bill it is excellently made, although a little light in weight. I bought the matching earrings and they look really look lovely together. You can't really tell if they are well-taken care of estate jewelry, until you pick them up. I don't believe people are going to reach out and touch my necklace. I would definitely tell a friend if that wanted to know where I got them. Right now, I'll just let people compliment them. They are truly dainty, beautiful, and I love them.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›