5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!
Published on September 26, 2010 by norah

1.0 out of 5 stars First one I received was beautiful, next 3 were crap
Published on September 4, 2011 by Sarah P.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars First one I received was beautiful, next 3 were crap, September 4, 2011
This review is from: Sterling-Silver 6-6.5 MM White Freshwater Cultured Pearl Strand, 18" (Jewelry)
I was looking for bridesmaids gifts, and bought one of these to see what it looked like and if it would work. It was absolutely beautiful, and came in a nice leatherette-type pouch. So I decided to order 3 more and use them for the bridesmaids gifts. Well, the next three I received were absolute crap - came in cheap little pouches, the pearls were all horrible quality (had lines going around them, very misshapen) - and one of the necklaces had several pearls that had extra holes going through them (like they messed up drilling the hole for the string and re-drilled the same pearl). There's absolutely NO WAY I can give those to my bridesmaids - they are certainly going back and now I'm stuck trying to find another set of necklaces for my bridal party.
So be warned if you order - it's very hit-or-miss. You could end up with a beautiful necklace, or one that is absolute crap.

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!, September 26, 2010
I was not expecting such a gorgeous necklace for only $[...]. normally you would get costume jewelry for this price! I am only sorry I didn't get another necklace or two to give out as gifts. I already have a pearl necklace in the same color and size as this one and I paid much more for it but the luster on this necklace is better. There are hardly any blemishes and the shape is fairly round, you can not tell it is potatoe shaped unless you look very closely. Very fluid and nicely knotted between each pearl. This really looks more expensive than what is it selling for on this site. The clasp is also sturdy and a bit bigger than my more expensive pearls. I love white pearls and have bought and received them in different price ranges, everything from tiffany pearls to inexpensive ones and i would definitely recommend these pearls as a gift or as a set to wear everyday. You can wear these for special events unless you are among the elite, in which case you would not be buying from walmart, lol.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my 5-year old daughter, February 2, 2011
I learned from a previous purchase just how little 6-6.5 mm pearls are. So with that in mind, I bought this for my daughter who has been asking to have one like mine (which cost exponentially more). I love that I am able to buy my little girl a real pearl necklace of such high quality for such a low price! This will be by far the best piece of jewelry in her ballerina jewelry box.

The pearls are perfectly dainty, well-matched in size, pretty much roundish (and to be honest, just as round as those "round" pearls necklaces that I have bought from this seller), with no discernable surface flaws.

Such an incredible buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars great shiny pearls ,a steal for this price, November 10, 2010
lav "lav" (washington,USA) - See all my reviews
great shiny pearls they are of the right size not small or big ,just the size u want a pearl to be,a steal for this price as i can only find fake pearl necklaces for this price in my nearby stores,this one is amazing looks good and the string is strong and knotted between pearls ,the silver clasp looks good too easy to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars pearls..., December 22, 2010
The pearls were really good for the price. The clasp looks like a much more expensive necklace. I would definatly buy them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB VALUE!, January 15, 2011
Grown-up jewelry at a kid's price!

These are nearly round with good luster, properly knotted between each pearl and a great clasp. We gave three to young ladies (aged 4 to 7) on our Chirstmas list - with great results. Might get a couple more for future gifts.

Comes in a good little ribbon-closed bag (smart -- little kids don't have jewelry boxes, after all).

These pearls are very uniform on each necklace and I could only notice defects under bright light and using a magnifier. Also, we could not rank out the three necklaces to say that any one of them was better than any other. Those attributes suggest that the producer has extremely strong control over grading and production, so I expect the risk of getting a dud could be low.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL!!, March 26, 2011
Jocelyn (Santa Clara, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I never write reviews, but thought I would since it is so difficult to buy jewelry online. This necklace is gorgeous! You will not be disappointed!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Price, Cheap Pearls, December 13, 2012
For what I paid ($18), I can't be terribly upset about these pearls. They are, as another reviewer noted, "shiny," so I have no complaints about luster. The color is fine with consistent undertones. I'll also note that they are quite well strung. Each is tightly and individually tied. However, that is the end of my short list of positives. These pearls are marketed as "uniform" without notable blemishes. That is a bold lie. The pearls on my strand are badly off-shape, and strung a random so there is as much as a .5mm size difference between some pearls and the pearls on either side. Over a third of the pearls have blemishes clearly visible to the naked eye, such as dents, scratches and lines. From a distance to an untrained eye, they are probably passable, but this is not a high quality strand by any stretch of the imagination.

When I saw the other reviews, I thought I was getting a wild bargain. In reality, I was getting exactly what I paid for, and not a bit more.

5.0 out of 5 stars can't beat the price!, February 2, 2011
J. (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews
Nice necklace for everyday. I like the class a pearl necklace adds to almost any business wear, but am on a budget and hate how cheap faux pearls can look. This is a perfect solution. You have to get pretty close to tell the pearls aren't round, and the color is very nice. A great value in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely happy with this!, March 12, 2011
B. Yoder (Klamath Falls, Oregon) - See all my reviews
Very nice, especially for the price! I am inexperienced with pearls, but really wanted one. This necklace is dainty but with a nice weight to it. My extremely picky daughter even wants one!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›