5.0 out of 5 stars Great
I am very pleased with this necklace. The stone is a nice deep purple and the chain seems sturdy. 8mm is big enough to make a decent pendant. I bought the 6mm stud earrings, they match great.
Published on December 12, 2008 by J. Wolfarth

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed but not so disappointed
Published on August 24, 2010 by Sasha

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, December 12, 2008
This review is from: Sterling Silver 8mm Round Amethyst Pendant Necklace with Light Rope Chain Necklace, 18" (Jewelry)

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed but not so disappointed, August 24, 2010
I purchased this necklace based upon the picture posted. The reviews were a bonus. The necklace I received has a stone that looks pink, not like a dark deep purple. (The quality of color affects the perceived value.) I was counting on a rich purple. Yes, the chain sparkles brilliantly. It outshines the pendant. Having said that, the necklace is pretty but does not grab one's attention as the one in the photo would.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice necklace, July 17, 2009
I bought this necklace (with the matching stud earrings) as a gift for a friend. The stone is very pretty-nice, clear bright stone. However, after reading other reviews, I was expecing a very "brilliant" chain. When I opened the bag, the chain was a dark silver, not like shown in the picture and not like others had described. I'm not sure if I just got the wrong chain or what.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than the picture shows but a great product otherwise., April 28, 2009
It came in a small blue pouch placed in a black box. When I opened it up, I noticed right away the brilliance of the silver chain and how sturdy it looked. The chain is a little long and falls right above the V of my V-neck blouses, but it looks great so it's not a problem. The pendant is smaller than what it looks like in the picture but the stone is gorgeous nad clear. I got many compliments on it. It was also mailed quickly, which was a plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much bigger than expected..., June 2, 2009
I guess I forgot how big 8mm is when it comes to a stone. This piece is a beautiful eye-catcher! I bought it for my mom on Mother's Day and needed to stay within a budget but wanted to buy her something nice yet simple. Her birthday is in February which makes Amethyst her birthstone and she is not really a jewelry person which is why I went for something simple. It was perfect!! She can wear it with just about anything which is great for her. She was very impressed by the size as well. I don't think she would ever suspect that it was only $20.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, October 19, 2010
Classic, beautiful necklace. The stone is clear and a lovely rich shade of purple. I bought a few of them as gifts and they look exactly the same. The chain is pretty too. I am very happy with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice product. A great gift to give., October 17, 2014
I bought my grandmother this necklace last year, she loves the color purple and needed a necklace, and she loves it very much. She wears it almost all the time and it looks amazing on her.

The pendant itself is lovely. It's a light purple that shines wonderfully in the light, but the chain isn't very durable. She still uses the chain, but I'm going to buy her a more durable and nicer silver chain for it. Besides the issue with the chain, I love this necklace very much and most importantly, my grandmother really loves it!

A great gift for anyone! Also a nice gift to get yourself. I highly recommend this necklace.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, March 16, 2014
It was great and beautiful as I expected. I will buy more stones like this one. Just great in ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars very pretty, December 9, 2013
The necklace is very pretty, but it arrived in a small gift box that was crushed and torn. The item is a gift for someone else and I will have to give it to them in a damaged box as I don't have small jewelry gift boxes readily available. That aside, the necklace is as expected and I think the recipient will like it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as I wished, February 15, 2013
Looks better on the internet. The stone is too light colored, doesn't look like an amethyst at all.....disappointed. But kept it anyway.