- Jewelry Buying Guides: Learn about the precious metals, gemstones, diamonds, and other materials found in Amazon’s fine jewelry—plus, find tips on jewelry care, gifting, and more that will help you shop with confidence. View the Jewelry Buying Guides.
Sterling Silver Heart Filigree Earrings
|Price:||$10.19 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. FREE Returns. Details|
|You Save:||$24.80 (71%)|
CUSTOMERS ALSO SHOPPED FOR
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Heart-shapes centered with an elegant filigree design create this pair of drop earrings. Supported by euro-wire earring backs, the pair can match any style as it is available in sterling silver, yellow gold and rose gold plating. The 1.15-inch earring length can be dressed up or down.
- Product Dimensions: 3.9 x 3 x 0.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Origin: China
- ASIN: B006KTI9WG
- Item model number: V2AC4VA033
- Date first available at Amazon.com: January 25, 2012
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
From the Manufacturer
About Sterling Silver
Silver has been an important precious metal since ancient civilizations used it as a monetary standard alongside gold. Sterling silver is a combination of 92.5% fine (pure) silver and 7.5% other metals, usually copper. Natural mined silver, called fine silver, is too soft for producing jewelry and other items, and must be combined with another strong metal so it will hold its shape year after year. Sterling silver is traditionally engraved with the numbers 925, which indicates the piece is 92.5% fine silver.
Many times sterling silver jewelry is plated with rhodium to keep the piece shiny and offer tarnish resistance. Other platings include but are not limited to gold, rose gold, platinum, or black rhodium which gives a shiny gun metal finish.
What is Oxidized Silver?
Oxidized sterling silver is created through a process of controlled oxidation, where the silver is exposed to the environmental factors that cause natural tarnish. The slight tarnish is then polished to leave darkened areas in the detailing, most notably to enhance design elements of the jewelry. The result is a lovely vintage look.
Oxidized silver requires less maintenance than high polish sterling, and further tarnish simply makes the silver more beautiful.
Sterling Silver Care
Polish silver frequently with a jewelry polishing cloth for best results. Note that use of tissue or paper towels can cause scratches because of fibers. For oxidized silver jewelry, you will only want to polish with a jewelry cloth to maintain the natural patina of the silver.
For tarnished high polish sterling silver pieces that do not include gemstones, pearls or other embellishments, try this easy cleaning solution:
1. Line a bowl with aluminum foil, shiny side up. Place your sterling silver pieces in the bowl.
2. Sprinkle between a teaspoon and a tablespoon of baking soda over the jewelry (use your best judgment based on the number of pieces you are cleaning).
3. Slowly pour very hot water into the bowl. It will bubble and make some noise, but when you remove your jewelry in a minute or two, they will look beautiful and shiny again.
4. Remove with tongs, rinse in warm water, and dry thoroughly.
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Amazon Collection|
|Back finding||Euro wire|
|Total metal weight||0.77 Grams|
Rose Gold Plated Silver
|Metal||Rose gold plated silver|
|Metal Weight||0.77 Grams|
|Package||Classic Medium Box|
Top Customer Reviews
We have purchased several things from the Amazon Curated Collection, many of them as gifts for members of our family, and they are always finely made and much appreciated.
For any occasion -- recommended!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love love these earrings they're the right size not too big. Delicately designed. I'm ordering the necklace now.😄Published 4 days ago by geneva d palmer
cute but so easy to lose- they come off with just normal walking aroundPublished 6 days ago by Antonio C
These earrings are really cute and petite. They are good for work or even a night out on the town.Published 9 days ago by Teresa Gers
Stamped. Too small/flimsy. Maybe for a small child. very disappointed. will be returning these.Published 20 days ago by KY Cajun
The earrings are lovely - the only thing I am not really pleased with is that they are so very small. If they were larger they would show up so much more. Read morePublished 28 days ago by J. Gregory
I am very disappointed in these earrings. The hearts are so small and delicate that you can hardly see them! Read morePublished 2 months ago by Debby Holman
The perfect size for an adult. Translation-not too small or big. Glad I got them.Published 2 months ago by Mags