- Save 30% each on Vday 30% Off offered by Amazon.com when you purchase 1 or more. Enter code VALDAY30 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Jewelry Buying Guides: Learn about the precious metals, gemstones, diamonds, and other materials found in Amazon’s fine jewelry—plus, find tips on jewelry care, gifting, and more that will help you shop with confidence. View the Jewelry Buying Guides.
Sterling Silver Wishbone Pendant Necklace
|Price:||$17.87 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. FREE Returns. Details|
|You Save:||$47.12 (73%)|
- Link-chain sterling silver necklace featuring wishbone pendant and spring-ring closure
Special Offers and Product Promotions
This classic good luck symbol is set to accompany you on every journey. The wishbone pendant is crafted from smooth polished sterling silver and has a medium size and an instantly recognizable shape. It presents on an 18 inch sterling silver cable chain that threads directly through the top of the pendant and fastens in back with a spring ring clasp.
- Product Dimensions: 4.1 x 3.9 x 0.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.3 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Origin: China
- ASIN: B000NGMNL0
- Item model number: R3A40HA0FW
- Date first available at Amazon.com: February 1, 2006
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
From the Manufacturer
About Sterling Silver
Silver has been an important precious metal since ancient civilizations used it as a monetary standard alongside gold. Sterling silver is a combination of 92.5% fine (pure) silver and 7.5% other metals, usually copper. Natural mined silver, called fine silver, is too soft for producing jewelry and other items, and must be combined with another strong metal so it will hold its shape year after year. Sterling silver is traditionally engraved with the numbers 925, which indicates the piece is 92.5% fine silver.
Many times sterling silver jewelry is plated with rhodium to keep the piece shiny and offer tarnish resistance. Other platings include but are not limited to gold, rose gold, platinum, or black rhodium which gives a shiny gun metal finish.
What is Oxidized Silver?
Oxidized sterling silver is created through a process of controlled oxidation, where the silver is exposed to the environmental factors that cause natural tarnish. The slight tarnish is then polished to leave darkened areas in the detailing, most notably to enhance design elements of the jewelry. The result is a lovely vintage look.
Oxidized silver requires less maintenance than high polish sterling, and further tarnish simply makes the silver more beautiful.
Sterling Silver Care
Polish silver frequently with a jewelry polishing cloth for best results. Note that use of tissue or paper towels can cause scratches because of fibers. For oxidized silver jewelry, you will only want to polish with a jewelry cloth to maintain the natural patina of the silver.
For tarnished high polish sterling silver pieces that do not include gemstones, pearls or other embellishments, try this easy cleaning solution:
1. Line a bowl with aluminum foil, shiny side up. Place your sterling silver pieces in the bowl.
2. Sprinkle between a teaspoon and a tablespoon of baking soda over the jewelry (use your best judgment based on the number of pieces you are cleaning).
3. Slowly pour very hot water into the bowl. It will bubble and make some noise, but when you remove your jewelry in a minute or two, they will look beautiful and shiny again.
4. Remove with tongs, rinse in warm water, and dry thoroughly.
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Amazon Collection|
|Total metal weight||1.83 Grams|
Rhodium Plated Silver
|Metal||Rhodium plated silver|
|Metal Weight||1.83 Grams|
|Package||Classic Medium Box|
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 2:35 Mins|
A couple of things to note:
1) As others have said, the chain is very delicate. I actually prefer this type of chain, as the thicker ones tend to ensnare my hair. But the chain is not as substantial as the charm.
2) There is kind of a "right" and "wrong" side to wear the charm on. The first time I put it on you could definitely see the "made in China" stamp, which is stamped on the side but only visible if you're wearing it one way.
3) The clasp is flimsy. I wouldn't trust it to hold anything of sentimental or of actual value. After a few times wearing it, I kind of have to coax the clasp to hold on to itself. I'm assuming it will only get weaker over time.
This is nothing I'll keep and cherish for years to come, but it's definitely a good unobtrusive everyday-type necklace for now. One day I'll replace it with something sentimental or expensive.
It's very pretty, and she's gotten non-stop compliments on it. And she looks beautiful in it!
My friend recently bought one in New York and I've wanted one since I saw it. Originally, I was a little concerned about the quality of the product since the price was so low, but when I received it, I was thrilled. It's better looking than the one from New York...and for way less money!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this item as a gift for my mother, and have mixed emotions about it. The wishbone pendant itself is very pretty, and she loved it, but a few days after she put it on, the... Read morePublished 6 days ago by M. Gallagher
The clasp broke within a month of me wearing it, which is sad because I loved it and got a lot of compliments on it. :(Published 6 days ago by Maren C
It's too pretty, thank you! The pendant is not overly small and chain is thin but durable.Published 10 days ago by rhonda hurt
It is wonderful. Well worth the money. Would recommend for sure.Published 11 days ago by Susan Pippin
If you submit your review now, any unfinished uploads will be canceled.Published 12 days ago by kangweijie