5.0 out of 5 stars Hand strap for DSLR
Good quality hand strap for DSLR. I bought this item as a back up to another strap that I'm using with my Canon 60D. This spare strap has all of the features of the one that's on the camera at a fraction of the price.
Published on October 2, 2011 by Amazon shopper

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't quite work for my hands
I suffer from neck pain and I'm trying to avoid using neck straps or hanging things from my shoulders. This hand strap is exactly as pictured, but I had trouble making it small enough for my petite hands. I used it for about a day, then decided I would have to look for something else, so I'm going back to the neck strap for now. Not bad, just not great for smaller camera...
Published 15 months ago by Barbara

5.0 out of 5 stars Hand strap for DSLR, October 2, 2011
This review is from: SterlingTek Camera wrist strap / hand grip for SLR/DSLR, camcorders and full size digital cameras (Camera)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, October 17, 2007
As a generic wrist strap, this item excels. Well worth the money. I have had mine for years, and love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what i wanted, April 17, 2008
The strap was exactly what I wanted it fits now, and will when I expand with the battery pack. The price was right and delivered on time
Thanks you

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to hanging your camera on your neck, June 13, 2012
Timbo M. (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This strap is inexpensive, but it works great. It has a big knob that tightens into the camera's tripod threads. The other end straps to the top right of the camera. When adjusted, you can support the camera with the back of your hand, and your thumb on the back. It's quite nice. I really prefer this to just hanging an SLR on my neck.

It provides not one, but two tripod threads underneath, one in the original location, and one offset to the side.

Only downside - you must remove the bottom part to replace the camera's battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well if you have the right expectations, April 28, 2012
disfrazao (Streetsboro, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
This product appears to be fairly well made, certainly a good value if you are planning on using it regularly. The cushy support inside the strap is a soft rubbery material with foam padding inside. The nylon strap is fine, maybe not the highest quality but almost all of it tucks inside the strap. This item may not be ideal for DSLR users with very large hands, since it would have to be very loose to enable use of your thumb.

When used with a DSLR camera, it is important to realize that the strap will not hold your hand tight against the camera. If there is no slack in the strap, you will not be able to reach the D-Pad or other buttons on the rear of the camera with your thumb and it will be difficult to slide your hand into the strap. A looser fit allows nearly full range of motion for your thumb and still provides reinforcing support while shooting. I allow the top of my hand to rest back away from the camera and into the strap while my middle finger supports directly under the shutter release button and the base of my palm supports the side of the camera. This relieves the pointer finger and thumb of any duties to level or stabilize the camera which allows for a more gentle and precise shutter release. This position also frees the thumb to more easily reach the jog dial or other buttons since it is not always needed to support the camera. When properly adjusted, it is easy to slide your hand in and out of the strap, but also easy to use the strap for support when carrying or shooting.

The first time I used the strap I had it too tight. My hand hurt from flexing to use my thumb and I planned to return the item to Amazon. I instead decided to give it one more try and am glad that I did. It provides just enough support when shooting to steady handheld shots. I still use a neck strap (both can fit through the strap loop on my Nikon D5100) so that I do not have to support the weight of the camera with my hand between shots.

If you use this with a D5100, it does not quite fit properly. There is a tab on the mounting plate that is supposed to hold it in place against the back of the camera. Fortunately this does not obstruct the articulating screen on the D5100, but it also does not stay in place. The plate inevitably rotates under the device leaving it with minimal contact due to the tab. I just used a razor blade to slice off the plastic tab on the mounting plate so that it can be positioned squarely under the camera and have better contact. The mounting plate that I received has two female threads, one in the knob and one in the plate itself. The mounting plate is certainly not steady enough to be useful with a tripod, but the camera screw knob could be mounted on a tripod in a pinch if you did not want to remove the strap from the camera first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For 7D, August 15, 2012
When I take out my 7D camera, I immediately slip my hand through the wrist strap and my camera is secure and comfortable. When I'm done shooting, I put the camera back in the pack and the wrist straps tucks in nicely without taking up much room. Perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars More Comfortable With My Verticle Grip, August 21, 2012
I have larger hands. For me this wrist strap works best when I use it with my vertical
grip. With the vertical grip I get more space for my hand, and the wrist strap is more
comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good For HS20 Cam, August 14, 2012
I used this wrist strap on my HS20 cam the whole time during my recent Orlando vacation instead of the neck strap. Perfect for my HS20, but I don't think it's for heavy gear, for example, I won't put it on my K-x with 55-300mm lens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best For Street Photography, August 13, 2012
This wrist strap is the best solution for street photography. It is much easier then trying to use your neck strap as a wrist strap by wrapping it around your wrist. After I put this on my camera I have never went back to using the neck strap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wrist Strap for my Canon T2i, August 9, 2012
This wrist strap is very comfortable to wear and the slide adjusts tightly to your wrist making it very hard to loosen up. I love it and highly recommend it to anyone who likes to just roam around and take pictures.

Rate and Discover Movies