Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 30, 2013
I bought this book for one cruise. Stern has a lot of knowledge about the tonnage of ships! This is the same guide he puts out year after year with some editorial updates. In other words he inputs new ships that come out that year. The star awards are questionable - is it due to getting cruises gratis? Nowadays, you can get far more info on the internet and better itinerary guidance from the ship's websites or wikitravel. It appears to be low quality production. Perhaps you get what you pay for in self publication. After 41 years it should be crafted more smoothly considering all the techniques available for the writer.
on February 5, 2011
I was disappointed with this book. All the photographs are old, black and white, supplied by the cruiselines themselves, and with the same models showing up over and over again. I couldn't find space ratio information on any ship anywhere in the book. It is printed in about an 8-point (or smaller!) font, which makes it very difficult to read. The sample daily schedules are often from port days, which makes comparing sea day activities difficult. If I had been looking at cruise guides in a store, or if there had been a "look inside" feature on Amazon, I would not have selected this book.
on June 14, 2011
Stern's Guide to the Cruise Vacation is all you need to decide what ship would fit your style of cruising. With so many new ships on the horizon, Steve Stern's has traveled on most of them, actually 750 and counting. He gives insights to everything from service, amenities, menus and ports of call. Each new edition is laid out in an easy to read format.
We have some of the other guides on our bookshelf, but Steve's Guide is our favorite.
on March 20, 2013
We are amazed at the wealth of information contained in this book. From now on, we are informed consumers! Will telll my friends about it.
on September 16, 2013
My husband and I are avid cruise vacationers and have found this book to be extraordinarily helpful. We have recommended it to many friends who have been amazed at the wealth of content and insider advice it offers. I think it's the only guide needed for selecting the right ship and itinerary.Stern's Guide to the Cruise Vacation: 2013 Edition
on December 18, 2012
Ordered both this and Berlitz volume by Douglas Ward on cruising. Both are detailed and full of information, but this seemed complicated to use. Pictures are all black and white and are cruise line provided. Port info seemed quite general and lacking much detail on Central and South America.
on January 30, 2013
I have been using Stern's Guide to the Cruise Vacation for years. It so helpful to get details about each ship from someone who has been on so many cruises and can assess them from a professional point of view. I find it easy to read and very detailed.
on January 30, 2013
We are constant cruisers and try to cruise on as many different cruise lines as possible. We take three to five cruises each year. Our source for ship ratings and descriptions in Stern's annual guide. We have found it entirely accurate and reliable.
on March 30, 2013
Book arrived on time; was a used book, but looked liked new. Was surprised how soon it arrived, giid service.
on June 2, 2016
great book fast service lots of good information