5.0 out of 5 stars Very fun little game, my family loves it!
I have been looking for games for our family of 6 people to all play together. I wanted something fun for all our ages, with the goal being to spend more time together instead of vegging out with no interaction in front of the TV. I read about Munchkin years ago and kept putting off buying it, now I wish I had just bought it a long time ago. This is a very fun, very easy...
Published on July 11, 2012 by tj

3.0 out of 5 stars Munchkin Deluxe Review by Dad's Gaming addiction
Munchkin Deluxe: 3-6 Players, Ages 12+, Average Play Time = 45-60 Minutes

First, I want to mention that clean up was simple, which always makes me happy. There aren't that many components, so sorting cards was the extent of our post game celebration. The cards themselves are well done and maintain a light, PG-13-esque humor. My thirteen year old step-daughter...
Published 12 months ago by Dad's Gaming Addiction

‹ Previous | 1 2 340 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Duh…we don't get it., July 31, 2014
This review is from: Munchkin Deluxe (Toy)
At the risk of sounding like a gaming idiot, trying to figure out how to play this was just too much for my family and me. I really was intrigued by these Munchkin games, and as my family loves playing games once a week, I thought I'd surprise them with a new one. If you play and understand role-playing games, you most likely won't have a problem. However, for us newbies, trying to figure out the rules (and non-rules) took too long to maintain our interest. I read and re-read instructions, watched videos on Youtube….just couldn't explain things well enough, or fast enough to engage my family. I think maybe you need a Munchkin veteran to play with you once to really learn what's going on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Description should say that it is for 3-6 players, August 18, 2014
This review is from: Munchkin Deluxe (Toy)
While this game can be played by two players as the description says, the game rules say it is for 3-6 players. I may not have purchased it if I had known that, but it is still fun. The game goes by very quickly and many of the curses and some of the strategy is unplayable with only two people. I think we will just have to recruit a few more players.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, October 16, 2012
This review is from: Munchkin Deluxe (Toy)
Our family has played this games several times. It is always a fun time. Added bonus is it doesn't take hours to play average game is between 1 and 1 1/2 hours. Check the web show "Table Top" for more information in Munchkin.
IMPORTANT Info: Good game for older children (teens). Also get the Deluxe version for the few extra dollar it's worth getting the broad and game pawns.
CAUTIONS: Game contains adult language, humor, and references
Not for young children!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Way better than original., June 27, 2012
This review is from: Munchkin Deluxe (Toy)
I am very happy that we got the deluxe version. It comes with a board and pieces to make keeping track of your level much easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, December 5, 2011
This review is from: Munchkin Deluxe (Toy)
We got this game as a gift and absolutely fell in love with it.
The instructions are quite humorous as are the cards that you use in the game.
The game-play is smooth and enjoyable. It's nice that the other players can still interact and be part of the game-play even if it isn't their turn.
This game is best played with at least 3-4 people and at least an hour or two to kill.
The only downside is that certain cards give almost a unfair advantage to the cardholder. Additionally, when you get close to the end, everyone will tend to gang up on the winning player. The upside is that this game doesn't require any knowledge of D&D and is pretty easy to learn to play.
Overall, I would definitely buy this and recommend it to my friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in move away from plastic pawns., September 19, 2014
This review is from: Munchkin Deluxe (Toy)
I already knew I loved this game, and that hasn't changed. I had to give this set 4 stars due to the fact that the description of what you get in the set no longer matches what you actually get. They've moved away from using the plastic pawns for this set. So instead of the plastic pawns and a matching colored card to show your gender, they use thick cardboard pawns. There are 2 cardboard pieces for each color, one in each gender. This does not change anything about the game itself, but it is definitely not what I was expecting. I have to say I was a little disappointed. They have now changed the pictures associated with the product, but not the description. At the time that I purchased, the pictures still showed the plastic pawns.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool game with cute drawings!, July 13, 2014
This review is from: Munchkin Deluxe (Toy)
This game is so much fun and the drawings are so cute. It took awhile to understand the rules and to know how the game works so it does require some patience. But, once we figured it out (by playing a bit more and watching Table Top), it was so much fun to play! I would definitely buy this Deluxe version as it comes with a game board which although not absolutely necessary, it's more visual and easier to track everyone's level.

5.0 out of 5 stars this game is so much fun. after you learn how to play it which ..., October 13, 2014
This review is from: Munchkin Deluxe (Toy)
this game is so much fun.after you learn how to play it which took maybe one play through and about an hour this game is highly addicting and was so much fun. You basically get some cards and try to reach level 10 by killing monsters or getting lucky with your cards that can give bonus level ups.you can even make monsters that your friend/family is fighting more powerful and make them lose.highly recommend this game

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Blast!, March 17, 2014
This review is from: Munchkin Deluxe (Toy)
Just to qualify this review... We are brand new Munchkin gamers that just started playing the game recently. With that said, this is the most fun we’ve had with a card game in years.

Learning the rules is fairly easy as there are only six pages. We read the rules through once and then just referred to them as needed when the various gameplay circumstances occurred. The first game was a bit slower this way, but it helped make the rules stick in our heads better. I printed a couple of extra copies from the free PDF available on the Munchkin website. If you do the same, just make sure that you print appropriate instructions for your game edition.

We loved the light-hearted fun aspect of the game. It’s full of little puns and it pokes fun at regular role-playing games. If you spent any time playing D&D you’ll appreciate the humor even more. I will note that some of the humor might not be appropriate for younger children or more prudish adults. Our group consists of 40-plus adults and college kids (adults).

What makes Munchkin so much fun is the way the cards build upon and modify the core rules during gameplay. It was neat how the player in the lead suddenly ended up at the back and the trailing player won the game. The many twists, turns, and general cruelty of players to one another (Stab your buddy in the back) just adds to the fun. I think a group could play the game without supplements for quite a long time before becoming bored.

By the way, that’s one of the other nice things about the game. Everything needed for 3-6 players to have a blast is right in the box. Unlike some of the other card-based games, nothing else is needed.

Overall, one of the best gaming purchases I’ve made in a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Game Night, January 3, 2014
For Love and Books "Jac" (PUEBLO, CO, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Munchkin Deluxe (Toy)
Over Christmas Break, Scribber and I got the chance to spend a few days with my family in Nebraska. One night after bedtime, my sister and I convinced our parents to play a board game with us! (Now, our family is NOT fond of board games, in fact it’s kind of a miracle we convinced the parents to play with us at all!) So my sister immediately jumped at the chance to play Munchkin Deluxe
!
I’d heard of it a few times before, I have a few friends who are lucky to have game-playing families and are always sharing the photos of their munchkin games! (And I’m always jealous!) So it was finally my chance! This game was so awesome, even my curmudgeon of a father enjoyed it! (And he’s only really a curmudgeon when it comes to playing board games, so I feel justified in saying that. LOL! )
Munchkin Box
When you first enter the world of Munchkin? It can be a bit overwhelming and confusing, but give me a minute, I promise it’s worth it!
We purchased Munchkin Deluxe, which is the same thing as just plain “Munchkin” except it has a handy board to keep track of your level (vs having to do it on paper) and the board game feel.
But don’t let that fool you, the only thing the board is for is to make you feel like it’s a board game and to keep track of what level you’re on. The important thing here is the cards. And your imagination. (And ideally you’ve got a pretty competitive group to play with!)
Munchkin Curse
Your goal is to get to level 10 by defeating monsters, backstabbing your friends and looting. The game is aimed at 3-6 players (although you *could* play with just two, provided you have enough wine…) and I’d definitely stick with the 13+ age range. In fact, I’d probably keep it for more of an adult crowd. Simply for the PG13 nature of some of the cards. (The Horny Helmet, the Knee Pads of Allure come to mind!)
The downside to this? The game can be incredibly confusing. I’d definitely recommend a bit of time to read the entire instruction booklet before your first attempt! Because of the learning curve, the first round we played took about 2 hours. (It didn’t help that we had to keep re-explaining to Grandma!!) But one we got the hang of it, average game time was about an hour.
I would definitely recommend Munchkin Deluxe to anyone who has a slightly nerdy side to them! This is the perfect game for a teen/adult game night! Especially if you’re a bit competitive and don’t mind stabbing your friends in the back!

‹ Previous | 1 2 340 | Next ›