Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now PlasmaCar

Format: HardcoverChange

on March 4, 2013
I knew a little about Jobs, I think only the essentials. Isaacson knows undoubtedly how to tell us about who Jobs was as possibly one of the forgers of this incredible era that we share, as well as paint him from his human side, in a combination that I rarely saw in a biography. Not only I learned what wonderful things Jobs did during his life but, most important, how big he was making that happen being human and a genius. Definitely a masterpiece that, at the same time, is a living proof of Jobs intelligence deciding to whom choose for writing about his life and realizations.
on September 30, 2012
Walter Isaacson agains proves his worth as a thorough and accurate biographer. I knew little about Steve Jobs the person before reading this book, but now I feel I have an intimate knowledge of what made this very unusual genius tick. The only negative of this book for me was the extensive verbiage dedicated to the technical workings of Apple and its products. (I'm sure the "Techies" will love those parts the best!) The saddest afterthought is missing out on all the wonderful innovations we would have experienced had Steve Jobs just had about another 20 years amongst us.
on February 9, 2012
So many reviews - but I have to say that as a fairly recent Macbook convert after years of PC-ing, reading this long but easy to read book made me regret not having been an apple-a-holic from day one. A profile of a tormented genius, difficult to work with, but whose genius and incredible enthusiasm were admirable. Reading the book after his passing made me wonder what will become of the future of technology without him. Yes, he leaves a legacy of great collaborators, but every idea emanated from Jobs. May he rest in peace - and thank you, Steve, for sharing your brilliance.
on February 4, 2013
A very engaging book detailing the life of Apple founder and inspirational leader. You probably won't like Jobs much while reading the book or after completing it, but you will certainly respect and appreciate him. In a way, you might even feel sorry for him as he had demons with which he had to deal. Money can't buy contentment and I don't think he was ever content; always another goal around the bend that had to be perfectly tackled.

There were many intriguing stories of Steve Jobs and the other creators during the burgeoning technology boom across the world.
on January 15, 2012
I am a Steve Jobs fan and was really excited to read his biography. I was surprised to read that he was really crazy doing things like sticking to a strict fruit diet.But he always had the penchant for simple user friendly designs. He hated anything that he thought was a bad design, even the oxygen mask he had on while he was terminally sick!!

Things that I learnt from the book are the following:
The ideas to make everything minimalistic and simple
There are no boundaries to innovation - things like budget, time should not be considered during the creative process
on January 19, 2013
Some people mentioned that Walter Isaacson "wasn't familiar with the industry enough...etc, to write this epic, etc." They may be right. I don't know. What he has done, was not an industry saga, but an ode to a Giant. With flaws and faults, that's for sure. But a Giant nevertheless. FYI: There is a VERY interesting KINDLE novel some of you may be willing take a peak at: WOMAN'S INTUTION by Marta Sinclair. It is about CHAIRMAN & CEO weird like Steve or (OMG!)is it he,himself? I do wonder, and you judge too. WOMAN'S INTUIT,ION: A NOVEL - PART 1 OF 3
on May 1, 2012
I have only written one other review on Amazon but I rely on amazon reviews on almost all purchases. This book was absolutely amazing - it took a bit of time to read on my kindle but I have to say that some of the stuff I learned from reading about Steve Jobs helped/is helping me succeed in business. I have had a great past couple of months and and can thank this book for that. Great read if you are interested in how to be the perfect business-man/woman or just on the life of an individual who left an impact on our world because he was able to think outside the box
on November 10, 2011
A look at the live of Steve a genius with a very complex personality. It takes you true all the ups and downs and shows both he genius and incredible flaws. I could not put down the book read it in 3 days.

Fascinating how a man so sensitive to his surroundings and feelings can be so cruel and cold to people. Yet his neurotic quest for perfection in technology change the world and made a company that will continue his vision for generations to come.

There will never be another Steve....
on February 18, 2013
Other CEOs may do it differently than Steve Jobs did, but the author seemed to capture the essence of what drove Jobs to be the perfectionist that he was. If you weren't among the best of the best it would have been brutal to work for/with Jobs. And in that regard he probably drove away people who could have made his products even better. But it was fascinating to see how his narrow focus of concentrating on a very few products led to such great results. If you know what you are and concentrate on that rather than try to be something you aren't greatness can ensue.
on December 27, 2011
People may say there are flaws with this book, but I did not see them. Sure, when you try to capture the essence of someone's life in 500 something pages, there are things that won't be perfect. But I find it hard to believe any other author could have done a better job. Isaacson shows Jobs from all angles and you really get a comprehensive view of a man who, while flawed, achieved great things and inspired millions of people in the process. You really discover the magic behind Jobs and see what a truly unique person he was, from a business and personal standpoint.