Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on October 18, 2012
These boots were exactly as expected. They are adorable and exactly the look I was going for! I read a lot of reviews about the length and fit so I felt it was only fair to share my experience. I wear a size 8 99% of the time but ordered an 8-1/2 in these due to the reviews I read and the fact that it does not have a zipper. I'm glad I did because I think an 8 would have been difficult to get on and off. Since they are boots the tiny bit of extra toe room isn't noticeable and they do not feel too big. After reading reviews I was mostly worried they would be too tall and hit the back of my knee. I'm 5'5" w/ avg length legs for my height and I do think they are just a *touch* too tall but not enough to return/dislike. It was mostly noticeable when I sat and the edge does curl a bit, but it doesn't make the boot look bad especially since it's a more distressed causual boot anyway.
on February 3, 2013
I love these boots! I wear them almost everyday!! I ordered half a size up and don't regret it. I have skinny little thighs, but I tuck my pant legs in like the cool kids ;) so I appreciate that they have some room. And when I wear them with a skirt, they look fine with my chicken legs. I wanted riding boots for the look, but with a little edge and these are honestly kind of a perfect mix, with a hint of--dare I say, cowgirl charm? Absolutely one of the coolest pairs of boots that I own. Worth every penny. They transform whatever I wear them with. An old rancher today asked me if I rode horses, pointing at my boots with excitement and a few weeks ago a girl at a tattoo shop told me that the boots were "incredibly cool". Quite the spectrum, I'll say!
on February 12, 2013
These boots were gorgeous. The brown leather strip up the back, was beautiful. LOVED the boots....but there was one flaw. NO ZIPPER. Trying to get a size 9.5 foot, down into the boot was nearly impossible. When I initially saw the boot, I thought the zipper was down the back. It isn't. I have normal sized calves for a 5'9" girl wearing a size 9.5 shoe. But there was NO WAY I was getting into this boot, without breaking the heel support. So I sent them back. I am VERY sad. These were beautiful...but unfortunately not meant to be for me. The search continues....
on January 13, 2013
Added to my collection. These boots are now my favorite. Excited about the quality. They are a bit difficult to get on but once on super comfy. I am only 5'4" and they are not too tall. They are fabulous!!!
on February 7, 2013
I loved these. I can be a 7.5 or 8. I listened to other reviews and ordered smaller. Did not fit had to return for an 8. They are a little loose in the calf. I consider my calves normal... I'm 5'6 130 so there ya have it
on December 14, 2012
I ordered a size 7 (my usual size) and they fit great. The more I wear them the better they fit, like they are forming to my feet. They are more casual than I thought they'd be but still very good looking boots. I wore them to work on casual Friday but probably won't wear them to work with a skirt or dress. I wore them shopping and my feet didn't hurt at all. I bought these to replace a pair of perfect Luchiny boots that I have had re-heeled once and are about worn out. These aren't quite the replacement I was looking for but they'll do (for now). The design on the back of the boot is killer.
on December 20, 2012
I chose these boots because of the distinctive back, which looks like a vintage door hiinge (light brown) on top of the body of the boot (black). However, if you're looking for a true 'black' color, this boot is more of a very dark brown. I'm very happy with these boots and have already received a lot of compliments. They are very comfortable in the 'foot' and calf parts. (Usually I have issues finding boots with a sufficient calf circumference.)

Anyways, I highly recommend these boots.
on November 20, 2013
I love the style of these boots, they are awesome looking boots. They fit well and are comfortable enough.

However I rated these Steve Madden boots a 4 star versus a 5 star because the dye in the boots comes out in the white knee socks that I wear with these boots which my other boots (a different brand) do not do. The dye does wash out of the white knee socks though so at least the socks don't get permanently ruined.
on December 22, 2012
These boots looked nice on, they were a little snug to pull on and off - but I felt that the sizing was true. I really liked the way these looked but returned them because one boot was a little smaller than the other, and I knew it would bother me. The leather on the shaft is thinner and softer that the leather used for the foot base.
on January 25, 2013
I have anxiously awaited the arrival of these Steve Madden's. After reading reviews I was concerned the fit would be akward, or difficult to get on and off, they are not. They are fabulous, I wore them today and got so many compliments, they are stylish and comfortable, exactly what I have been looking for.

See 1 answered question