5.0 out of 5 stars black boots
I was looking for a pair of black boots I could wear casually and outdoors. These boots are perfect for that. I like the way they look and they fit and feel great.
Published on November 18, 2012 by hornblue

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, yes! Durable, not so much...
Pros: True to size, comfortable, stylish, price
Cons: questionable build quality

Published 23 months ago by alpha charlie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, yes! Durable, not so much..., January 13, 2013
Pros: True to size, comfortable, stylish, price
Cons: questionable build quality

Bottom Line: For $50 these boots are a good deal. They're good for around town and look great with jeans or a suit. I purchased them for traveling. (The side zip makes them quick to get off and on in TSA lines. and they're nice enough to wear with a suit when I get where I'm going.)

The next part I have to preface with a Disclaimer- I AM VERY HARD ON SHOES! I buy a lot of them. Most cheap shoes last only a couple months for me. My boots that are more than a year old all say - 'Chippewah, Georgia Boot, Tony Lama, Ariat, or Nocona on them somewhere. (The only dress shoes I have that have survived as long are my Florsheim wingtips...) Based upon these boots, 'Steve Madden' is not getting on that list any time soon. Would I wear these boots for anything strenuous or demanding? NOT IN A MILLION YEARS. They look a lot more rugged than they actually are.

Namely-
- Upper: The description says both 'synthetic' and 'leather upper, man-made outsole'. That's misleading. The sock/liner is leather. But the upper is polyurethane. There is very little leather in these boots. Not a deal-breaker for me. For $50 I expected that.
- Zipper - Though the decorative zipper on the outside is metal, the functional inside zipper is plastic. To be fair to Amazon this IS visible on the product photos. Had I noticed, I probably wouldn't have bought them.
- Heel- If you look at the pictures the heel has a fuzzy strip that make it look like the heel is made of that solid spongy looking rubber. It's not. That strip is simply a glued on piece of pseudo-suede. Worse, pressing hard on the tread reveals that the heel itself appears to be hollow.This does not bode well for longevity or durability. (Every pair of boots I've ever owned with a hollow heel has lost that heel at an inopportune moment. They are all gone to the island of misfit boots. Every one.)

If I were somehow stuck in the woods wearing these I'd be scared. (If anyone who works for Steve Madden ever reads this- I'd pay $5 more for these same boots with a real metal zipper. Heck, I'd pay $50 more for real leather and a solid heel.)

As I said before these boots are comfortable. And they'll serve the purpose I bought them for, for a while anyway. If you just need some boots that look nice, for $50 these ARE a good deal. If you need functionality, double or triple your budget and look elsewhere.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pleather, January 22, 2013
Brian Sheppard (Philadelphia, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Madden Men's M-Jager Boot (Shoes)
I knew the price was too good to be true. The upper is not made of leather and looks cheaper than in the picture. If you aren't into leather this might be a good boot for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars black boots, November 18, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars My oppinion, May 28, 2013
This review is from: Madden Men's M-Jager Boot (Shoes)
The boots are no leather and the material is very hard. I really didn't like them. Never again I'm goint to have a purchase like that.

1.0 out of 5 stars short life shoes, April 12, 2014
This review is from: Madden Men's M-Jager Boot (Shoes)
I purchased this boots for my son. He is at university so he walks a lot. This boots lasts only a few months. The material are cheap, not real leather

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dress casual boot!, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Madden Men's M-Jager Boot (Shoes)
This has quickly become my go-to boot when I'm out and about. Stylish enough to wear to work, yet casual enough to wear to the bar. Admittedly, I had to buy an insert, but I usually do for most of my footwear. My only issue is that I should have bought the black ones as well when it was on sale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, July 1, 2013
This review is from: Madden Men's M-Jager Boot (Shoes)
So far fairly solid, super-stylin' footwear. Probably, as with all Maddens in my experience, it will wear out quickly. These are not for all day every day wear. But other than that they are great boots. Get compliments every time I wear them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong size chart., June 20, 2013
This review is from: Madden Men's M-Jager Boot (Shoes)
My euro 41 size was shown as a US 9.5, I got delivered but it just does not fit a size 41 european.

4.0 out of 5 stars Madden Boot, June 4, 2013
This review is from: Madden Men's M-Jager Boot (Shoes)
Boot fits and looks good. Product quality is fair, however, since I will be using it for ridding my motorcycle only it works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid nice looking boots, May 19, 2013
This review is from: Madden Men's M-Jager Boot (Shoes)
I get complements on these boots when ever I wear them. Perfect fit. I was unaware that there was a zipper on the inside of the boot to help get your feet in.
Great boots, great price. I will be looking to Madden boots the next time I need a pair.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›