4.0 out of 5 stars Really can not go wrong for the price.
Published 11 months ago by Kris

3.0 out of 5 stars Look great but hurt.
This shoes look awesome!
Pretty good quality. I wear them about everyday and I have had them 3 months.
The problem I have had with them is that they formed to my "heel heavy" walking within two weeks and hurt pretty bad to wear all day.
Published 10 months ago by The Moose

4.0 out of 5 stars Really can not go wrong for the price., December 13, 2013
This review is from: Steve Madden Men's Harken Chukka Boot (Shoes)
I picked these up during black friday and I honestly must commend the aesthetics of this beauty. I've garnered multiple compliments commending all sorts of aspects of this shoe. When I first got them, the leather was a bit shinier than depicted, but I liked it! There were some leather scars and slight discoloration spots where the shoe must have been rubbing up on the side of the box, but that was easily mended with some shoe polish and mink oil. Oh man, after the initial treatments, they looked absolutely STUNNING. I recommend you polish and condition before the first wear. Also, the stock laces are pretty flimsy. Do yourself a favor and upgrade to some dark leather laces. The shoes look wonderful with a nice pair on. In my opinion, these look better than my Clarks.

Pros:
- Gorgeous
- Low Price; Great value
- Decent insulation
- Prime applicable
- Versatile; can be dressed up just as easily as it can be dressed down
- Garners many compliments
- Decent leather and construction

Cons:
- Does not seem like it'll last me forever (what do you expect from a $40 shoe?)
- Tough heel
- Insole is not the comfiest
- Skinny through the toe (was fine for me, but look out)

Conclusion:
I'm very happy with these shoes. They're chic, versatile and built nicely. What are you waiting for? BUY THEM!

4.0 out of 5 stars good looking shoe, October 28, 2013
The shoe is as advertised. The fit is just about right and it really looks good. I have already worn them on a long business trip and did notice a bit of chaffing on the left heal and some tightness in the toe area. The use of shoe trees with the back of the shoe folded in has taken care of the chaffing. I cut off the front part of the liner which took care of he toe area tightness.

3.0 out of 5 stars Look great but hurt., January 13, 2014
This shoes look awesome!
Pretty good quality. I wear them about everyday and I have had them 3 months.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough to break in, but other than that great shoe., January 22, 2014
I bought this shoe on a flash sale for $40, making it a great value. For the first three days or so, I had a lot of trouble breaking them in. I ruined a pair of socks--the back of the heel was very abrasive.

However, since breaking them in, they are pretty comfortable now and very good looking. A little too casual to dress up in, but they look great with jeans, chinos, etc. An awesome shoe for everyday wear. The picture is pretty true to color, so you should expect what you see.

I've had these for two months now, wearing them 4-5 days a week. I love them since I've gotten used to the feel, but I did not love them the first week or two.

Since I bought these for $40, I feel great about the purchase. I would do more research if I were to buy them full-price. While they Have one of the best colors and cuts at that price point even (in my opinion), it might be worth dropping $20 more dollars on something well-known to be comfortable. If looks are all that matters, get these. I'd choose them over Clarks desert boots any day. But if you're looking for something that feels like slippers, this isn't the pair for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars large, January 2, 2014
Hope (United States) - See all my reviews
My fiance is typically a 7.5 or 8 but these shoes were too big for him and thus hurt him too much to wear. I will be returning them. Otherwise they are great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Need Break-In Period, December 25, 2013
The boot can fit a little snug in the toe area especially with thicker winter socks. The boot also took a little while to break-in, up until then the boots were uncomfortable on the back of my heels. The soles have good drip for snow covered ground. There really no insulation but expected as much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool Boots, September 5, 2014
This is a nice boot that can be worn in any number of ways. The leather is a decent grade and the sole is sufficient. Not for everyday use however. The fit was acceptable as well. I approve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can I wear these everyday, please?, March 5, 2014
S.J. (Carbondale, IL, United States) - See all my reviews
This boot looked great on Amazon and is even more attractive in real life. I have had it for about a week, so I cannot comment on durability and such (though I will update sometime later on that front). The leather (got the color "Cognac") is really lovely, not quite distressed but leaning that way. I have gotten so many compliments on these shoes. I wear them with jeans or khakis, to work or out on the town. You will want to wear thick socks with them, as you break them in, since they do pinch a bit at the heel and toe initially. The leather has finally begun to shape to my feet, though, and that's not a problem anymore.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent shoe for the price., April 27, 2014
The color is very beautiful and versatile, can be dressed up or down. The shoe laces look cheap. The leather isn't the best quality, seems a bit thin and wrinkles up on first wear, but overall for the price it's a great shoe. The heel support isn't good, you'll probably have heel pain after prolonged wear depending on your foot. The shoe does run about half a size too big. I'm a size 9.5 and got a size 9 and it fits perfectly, although I did try to insert a doctor sholls support insole and it was too much of a tight fit to wear comfortably. I'm happy with the shoe overall, only planning on wearing it to go out a few times a week.

5.0 out of 5 stars DUH-AM, July 8, 2014
I get compliments on these every single time I wear them. I looked at several chukkas before buying these. Everywhere I looked they were more expensive and didnt have the beautiful color these do. Others have mentioned they wear quick and that's true. The stress lines in these come easily but that just adds to the character of the boot. If I had one complaint it would be these suckers are a little heavy and hurt your feet after a decent day of wearing them because the heel cushion is thin.

Steve Madden Men's Harken Chukka Boot