Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Steve Madden Men's Kikstart Lace-Up
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Price:$80.30 - $89.99+ Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on March 23, 2013
The good:
-Very comfortable (they run a little wide which is great for me)
-The look awesome!
-Come with two different color shoe laces

The Bad
-The leather is cheapish (I got the gray suede), very soft but prone to fraying-- And yes I know how to take care of suede.
-The heals are colored (in my case blue), but the heal kind of frays too

Overall: Happy w/ the shoes, I got them for $80, so comfy I bought the brown ones when they were on sale for $55.. These are very good "reasonable" shoes, they're not the quality you'd get from Allen Edmunds or Cole Haans, but super super comfy, i'd get them again.
on July 6, 2013
I purchased these for casual day at work. I'm adverse to wearing sneakers at the office, but wanted something that was more "fun" than my typical work shoes. The fact that these would also look good going out to dinner, etc, was a bonus.

On my first day wearing these, I got 4 compliments! The combination of the suede black upper with the electric blue soles is a perfect combination of not too loud, but different enough to catch someone's eye.

I find that Steve Madden shoes run average fit - I'm a size 11 shoe and wear 11 in most Madden shoes.

The inside of the shoe is lined with a blue canvas style material. If you wear white socks, there is a good chance that some of the blue will bleed into the socks - especially on the first few times you wear these. An easy fix is to wear colored socks!
I absolutely love the colorful appearance of these Steve Madden Brown Kikstart Lace-Ups. The red sole accents the brown beautifully without being garish, and is certain to get comments and compliments. The suede is generally nice, but several areas on the toes were a little matted though the imperfections were essentially invisible from eye level.

I was pleased to find two sets of laces, one brown for more conservative engagements, and my preferred red which matches the contrasting sole. While I like the shoes overall the size didn't fit me particularly well. I am normally a size 12, and after reading that some of the Steve Madden shoes ran large (and wide) I ordered 11.5's. I should have gone down a whole size to size 11 as the shoes were definitely too long for me and the toe box was also too wide for my foot. The best option would be to try these on before purchasing as they definitely fit differently than other shoes I have worn; that's not a criticism in and of itself as everyone has unique foot shapes, but I found these to run long and wide. The Kikstarts also seem relatively inflexible compared with most other shoes I have worn (both dress and casual shoes.) Of course footwear comfort boils down to personal preference; I found these took a little adjusting to.

These shoes are light and are surprisingly versatile in a contemporary wardrobe. If they fit you comfortably these are good and relatively economical shoes.
on January 7, 2014
I've been a fan of Steve Madden's men's shoes for quite some time now. They seem to nicely toe the line between style, comfort, and affordability. I purchased these in the brown/red combo and received exactly what I'd expected from a look standpoint: the red is bright, but not obnoxiously so. The brown upper is perhaps a little bit lighter than the image displays it, but what you see is mostly what you get. I routinely get compliments about these shoes as they are eye catching without screaming for attention. I was somewhat disappointed in the quality of the suede -- it definitely feels a bit cheap. It looks much better than it feels, however.

Most of the other reviews around here note these shoes are comfortable. I chose these shoes as an option for spending nearly the entire day on my feet during a conference. My feet were screaming in pain by the end of the day, mainly due to the rock hard sole. It takes a special shoe to get you through an entire day on your feet. I own Kenneth Cole shoes in the same price range that do have this ability. This is a very minor fault, though, and considering the price of these shoes, I would highly recommend them. With a pair of decent insoles, they would be much better.
on October 17, 2013
I had purchased pair of these shoes last year from another site in black/blue.I like them alot except they were a little dressy for me,with jeans.I seen amazon had a pair in brown/red,look great where they can be worn with jeans,not too flashy.The brown/red look so much better than the pic.These shoes are very comfortable and true to size.I wear 10.5medium.I think these shoes are classy dressed up or casual and the price is reasonable.I gave the shoes 5 coz the description is true.The way they were packaged and shipped.The price was low and they arrived early.Thanks to all great people at AMAZON!
on October 30, 2014
The toes and heels of both shoes were shiny as if they had been worn for awhile and then resoled with brand new pretty blue soles. I am returning mine and sadly won't be reordering. I figure, "What's the point?" If these dogs got by quality control then anything will pass.
on November 25, 2013
I always get compliments when I wear these. The red trim on the soles and laces is bright, but has faded a bit with wear. It is just enough of a "pop" to get a little bit of extra attention and a little something to your outfit. People always seem to smile when I wear these.

After the break in period, these shoes are very comfortable. I don't wear them everyday. Maybe once or twice a week. Just enough to keep them in regular rotation. Nice quality suede.
on February 4, 2014
I usually wear a size 8 in running shoes but these have a lot of extra toe space and they are wide and lose around the heal. I like the shoes and i do not see an option for a smaller size. I am going to put some insoles in and hope they fit better. Also i thought they were leather but they are sued not sure on that spelling.
on July 22, 2013
Got these to replace my shoes for work that were falling apart. They look awesome. I was hesitant about it being too flashy before buying but it maintains a good balance between business and casual. They fit perfectly although my ankles aren't too accustomed to them yet. Also, the price is fantastic for this kind of shoe.

Edit: Downed a star because the shoe laces it came with totally fell apart after just a few months. Although not a big deal since some cheap shoelaces from walmart work just fine
on January 12, 2013
These shoes are even more beautiful than they seem in the photo shown... I wasn't sure about this purchase at all, since these are a very risky choice given the color of the laces and the sole. But, what the heck, I took the leap of faith and bought them without even knowing how to combine them... Well, let me tell you these shoes work with everything from jeans all the way to chinos. They can be casual and, at the same time, classy.