Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on March 15, 2014
Not that you should expect ruggedness from a Steve Madden shoe, but I gave these boots half of a winter and they're pretty shot. Structurally, they're okay, but the cowboy looks that initially drew me to this pair are long gone in favor of wear and tear.

Another thing to keep in mind is the comfort. My pair is comfy, but only because I put some insoles in. If you don't plan on doing this, these will probably feel like wearing a pair of converse with a heel.

Overall, these are great shoes. I wear them almost every day, and I still get compliments on these, even in their worn condition.

EDIT AS OF 11/16/2014:
These have become my go-to pair for all but the summer months. What once was seen as wear and tear is now a broken-in look that's as comfy as it is stylish. They may not be sleek or shiny anymore, but they still garner me compliments wherever I go. These have become one of the greatest purchases I've ever made.
11 comment17 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2015
How on this mud ball we call Earth did this boot come out of the factory with a broken zipper and not get noticed? Was it a return that just got cycled back into inventory? I read the reviews mentioning the broken zipper after a month or so but decided to give these boots a try based on the majority of the reviews being favorable. I'd like to say I tried them on. I'd like to say they fit well. I wanted to like these boots but the zipper on one boots was broken out of the box. Spent $6 bucks on next day delivery because of trip that's a day away only to have return them. I guess I'll go to a local brick and mortar for it's replacement.
review image
22 comments13 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2015
1. When I sent back the first pair I received as a gift to exchange them due to some defects they tried charging me extra because the price had changed online. WRONG

2. THE ZIPPERS WILL BREAK, DO NOT ORDER THESE IF YOU PLAN ON THE ZIPPER WORKING THE FIRST TIME YOU TRY IT EVER...otherwise a great boot.
review image
on January 8, 2015
These boots lasted less than 6 months in an office setting. First to go was the paint on the sole rubber. Don't be fooled that's not a leather or a wood sole. It's rubberized paint. Next thing to go was something that's never happened to me before; the metal sole shank came up through the pad and stabbed my foot. I contacted Steve Madden for a warranty repair and they won't honor it because I purchased through Amazon. Returning through Amazon is not possible because it's been too long. So, I took the boots to a local shoe repair place to see if they were worth the repair. The guy at the shop told me that these boots are knock offs and not real Steve Maddens. I'm not sure what happened here but I know I've been had. The product says its sold by Amazon. I really hope they aren't selling fakes.
on April 15, 2014
The zipper on the left boot broke within a month and now I cannot replace or exchange. So I wasted $100 on a pair of boots I cannot wear again (local shops cannot replace the zipper due to the way it is sewn in).

Buyer beware. Otherwise a very nice boot.
22 comments11 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 17, 2014
Madden shoes are typically a sold quality shoe from my experience. This particular pair was far different from the product picture and was sub quality leather with a cheap rubber sole and heel ( no wood block heel ). Perhaps a factory mishap but poor boot none the less.
on September 26, 2014
Throughout the years I've had a great deal of experience with leather. I've had leather shoes, gloves, and several jackets and here's the good and bad with these pair.

Cons-
-Somewhat large: ordered my regular size (due to reviews) and these boots came with much toe space (which was actually kind of nice).
-Smell:These boots were a bit smelly, needless to say don't be in confined spaces when breaking these in.
-Leather: Very very thin, being fashion boots they really cant be thick, but these boots were a little thin for my liking.
-Laces: Literally cotton laces which somebody dipped into a plastic coating.]
Pros-
-Thick sole
-Light tan color
-Zippered entry and exit

All in all OK boots but not amazing. I would understand if these boots were priced at around 75 or 60 dollars but not 100+, just not worth it.
on October 23, 2013
I was looking for a boot that could be worn in a business atmosphere. This looks great with dress pants. The boot is very well stitched and has great traction. It is a thin soft leather that gives great comfort. I would highly recommend this boot.
on December 29, 2014
This is an awesome casual boot. Not meant to be a heavy-duty work boot, but is light weight, and fits my size 10 perfectly. I should say that this is the 7th pair of Steve Madden boots and shoes I've purchased and every one of them fits great with no disappointments. When I find something that works, I stick with it.

I laughed when I opened the box and smelled the easily recognizable odor of genuine leather! One reviewer complained about the smell. Obviously, that person may have never owned good leather shoes.

Anyone looking for a rugged looking, but very comfortable casual boot that will look good with jeans, but sharp enough to wear with dress slacks like I do, being in high level industrial sales, should consider this boot. No break-in required! soft and comfortable right out of the box!
on October 11, 2013
These are true fit, nice leather, urban hip boots. Can pretty much pull them off with any attire except formal. Very pleased.
11 comment7 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse