Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on April 27, 2009
Bought these shoes because I liked the look and needed a new pair of "driving" shoes after my last pair wore out after about 2 years of use. I've had these for about 3 months and they are already falling apart. The rubber on the sole is falling apart, and the leather at the toe is peeling off. I would not recommend these as everyday business casual shoes.
0Comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2012
I have 2 of the exact same pairs of shoes purchased from Macy's and the pair that I received from Amazon were not only missing insoles and the Steve Madden name anywhere on the shoes, but were fake plastic replicas from China. Completely unacceptable and now have to go through the pain of returning them.
0Comment25 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2012
Very bad quality. The thread on side of shoe started tearing off on 1st day. Returned it immediately. Highly discourage any potential buyers.
11 comment18 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 4, 2011
I just don't understand the business logic of manufacturers sometimes. Is it really worth it to save maybe $1 a unit and end up with a vastly inferior product?

I bought these shoes at Macy's and they looked amazing. They are a good combination of casual/dress that you can wear them just about anywhere.

The problem with these shoes showed up about 2 months later. Apparently to save 15 cents in rubber per shoe, Steve Madden decided it would be a brilliant idea to use a perforated sole and cover the bottom with a thin layer of rubber. This gives the impression that you have 1/3" of rubber between your foot and the ground, but actually its 1/3" of rubber with a bunch of holes on it covered by a few mm of rubber. Unfortunately for you, that means that after a month or two this thin layer wears off and you start getting holes in the bottom of your shoes!

Is rubber really that expensive? I'm paying $60-$80 for these shoes. Seriously, spend $1/unit to make the soles more robust, charge me $5/unit more, and end up with a much better product and $4 more profit.

If you're interested in this style of Casual/Dress shoes I'd suggest you check out some Sketchers. Not traditionally what you think of when you think of these kinds of shoes, but I've had a very similar pair of Sketchers in white that look great for about 2 years now, and they're still going strong.

No more Steve Madden for me!
on October 6, 2010
The shoe is very handsome. I can tell a lot went into the design except for doing it's job, i.e. protecting your feet. The shoe has no support and after a few months of normal wear a hole developed in my left toe on the outer leather. Not much longer did the irreplaceable thin leather foot-bed wear down to the rubber sole. If your intention is for the "sole" purpose of taking the Maserati out for a spin, then the shoe fits. If you plan on throwing the frisby around to impress the ladies with you mad skills, I suggest you do it barefooted.
on March 3, 2011
Bought a pair of these about 5 months ago. Actually bought two; one brown, one black. I wear the brown a lot more and they go with everything, but after about 2 months the bottoms wear out and fall apart. The bottoms now have holes in them. They shoes were great for a while, now they are going in the trash and will be buying from a different brand.
on April 7, 2012
I have had these shoes for less than three months, and I only have worn them about 20 times in very light wear (to the store, around the house and such). Both shoes are already losing their seams and falling apart. The covering on the leather was so thin it is showing through, and looks like they are three years old, not three months. My wife had ordered these before we read the other reviews, but we decided to give them a try anyway. I wish we hadn't. What a hassle! We are having to return them, and I would never buy another shoe from this maker again. They are garbage. I would have been better off buying some shoe at my local dollar store.
on October 6, 2015
This shoe is comprised of three parts: a leather upper, a rubber sole and some sort of very cheaply-constructed laminated..."leather." (Not sure what it actually is.)

The unknown material scuffs easily and sort of tears. I would not buy these shoes again or recommend them to anyone unless perhaps they're ONLY driving with them. Or never leaving their house. For me, that defeats the purpose since I like the appearance of the shoe.
review image review image review image review image
on February 18, 2012
These look great and are very comfortable. Having said that, the sole doesn't come far enough forward to protect the toe which just happens to scrape the ground with every step. After wearing these maybe 6 times the leather on the toe is almost worn through. I would not buy these again.
on January 15, 2013
I bought this shoe from a brick and mortar retailer, not Amazon, so my post may not pass the verified purchase test within Amazon. Irrespective there are good things and bad things about this shoe.
The good. Nice leather. Cool Look. Interesting concept in a shoe, only problem is that too much stitching and finished leather like the Uppers are right along the outsole periphery or even the center of the outsole. In anything but the best weather and the smoothest of walking sufaces, this shoe will not last. I need a shoe that will survive the 1) walk four miles on a sunny afternoon through the hillsides just because test as well as the 2) run across the airport desperately trying to make my connecting flight because American airlines always arrives late into LAX test. On both accounts, this shoe would not cut it. The lateral extensions over the outsole are too exposed to abrasion and ultimate wear. The stitching starts to suffer, and the overall shoe bottom will start to look worse for wear after a few days of walking though some mildly damp streets after a SoCal rainstorm. If the outsoles were 10% wider on each side, I suspect the shoe would have shown a lot more durability, but it didn't and so the shoe didn't last. Luckily, the brick and mortar retailer did give me a nice coupon towards the purchase of another set of shoes which I used to score some nice Florsheim Oxfords, so I am whole. I wish this shoe had more substance.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse