4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable shoe
The shoe wasn't as supple as I thought hence only 4 stars, but after wearing them several times they feel like they were Made especially for me
Published on May 21, 2011 by 1 Parsec

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Steve Maddens from China
I have 2 of the exact same pairs of shoes purchased from Macy's and the pair that I received from Amazon were not only missing insoles and the Steve Madden name anywhere on the shoes, but were fake plastic replicas from China. Completely unacceptable and now have to go through the pain of returning them.
Published on April 21, 2012 by Jason1869

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Steve Maddens from China, April 21, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Wears out too fast., April 27, 2009
J. Bryan (GA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Steve Madden Men's Novo Driving Shoe (Apparel)
Bought these shoes because I liked the look and needed a new pair of "driving" shoes after my last pair wore out after about 2 years of use. I've had these for about 3 months and they are already falling apart. The rubber on the sole is falling apart, and the leather at the toe is peeling off. I would not recommend these as everyday business casual shoes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Buy!, March 6, 2012
Panduka C Dasanayaka (Tujunga, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Very bad quality. The thread on side of shoe started tearing off on 1st day. Returned it immediately. Highly discourage any potential buyers.

2.0 out of 5 stars Congratulations Steve Madden: You saved 15 cents but lost a customer!, February 4, 2011
This review is from: Steve Madden Men's Novo Driving Shoe (Apparel)
I just don't understand the business logic of manufacturers sometimes. Is it really worth it to save maybe $1 a unit and end up with a vastly inferior product?

I bought these shoes at Macy's and they looked amazing. They are a good combination of casual/dress that you can wear them just about anywhere.

The problem with these shoes showed up about 2 months later. Apparently to save 15 cents in rubber per shoe, Steve Madden decided it would be a brilliant idea to use a perforated sole and cover the bottom with a thin layer of rubber. This gives the impression that you have 1/3" of rubber between your foot and the ground, but actually its 1/3" of rubber with a bunch of holes on it covered by a few mm of rubber. Unfortunately for you, that means that after a month or two this thin layer wears off and you start getting holes in the bottom of your shoes!

Is rubber really that expensive? I'm paying $60-$80 for these shoes. Seriously, spend $1/unit to make the soles more robust, charge me $5/unit more, and end up with a much better product and $4 more profit.

If you're interested in this style of Casual/Dress shoes I'd suggest you check out some Sketchers. Not traditionally what you think of when you think of these kinds of shoes, but I've had a very similar pair of Sketchers in white that look great for about 2 years now, and they're still going strong.

No more Steve Madden for me!

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage shoe, April 7, 2012
This review is from: Steve Madden Men's Novo Driving Shoe (Apparel)
I have had these shoes for less than three months, and I only have worn them about 20 times in very light wear (to the store, around the house and such). Both shoes are already losing their seams and falling apart. The covering on the leather was so thin it is showing through, and looks like they are three years old, not three months. My wife had ordered these before we read the other reviews, but we decided to give them a try anyway. I wish we hadn't. What a hassle! We are having to return them, and I would never buy another shoe from this maker again. They are garbage. I would have been better off buying some shoe at my local dollar store.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable shoe, May 21, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Shoes are fine but they run small, May 9, 2011
These shoes are very nice but they run small. The return process is very easy. Too bad Amazon did not stock the correct size for me and I did not want to buy from their 3rd party sellers.

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, but doesnt last long, March 3, 2011
This review is from: Steve Madden Men's Novo Driving Shoe (Apparel)
Bought a pair of these about 5 months ago. Actually bought two; one brown, one black. I wear the brown a lot more and they go with everything, but after about 2 months the bottoms wear out and fall apart. The bottoms now have holes in them. They shoes were great for a while, now they are going in the trash and will be buying from a different brand.

2.0 out of 5 stars non lasting shoe, October 6, 2010
This review is from: Steve Madden Men's Novo Driving Shoe (Apparel)
The shoe is very handsome. I can tell a lot went into the design except for doing it's job, i.e. protecting your feet. The shoe has no support and after a few months of normal wear a hole developed in my left toe on the outer leather. Not much longer did the irreplaceable thin leather foot-bed wear down to the rubber sole. If your intention is for the "sole" purpose of taking the Maserati out for a spin, then the shoe fits. If you plan on throwing the frisby around to impress the ladies with you mad skills, I suggest you do it barefooted.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, design sucks, February 18, 2012
This review is from: Steve Madden Men's Novo Driving Shoe (Apparel)
These look great and are very comfortable. Having said that, the sole doesn't come far enough forward to protect the toe which just happens to scrape the ground with every step. After wearing these maybe 6 times the leather on the toe is almost worn through. I would not buy these again.

Steve Madden Men's Novo Driving Shoe