4.0 out of 5 stars Just got 'em
Published 15 months ago by Brandon

3.0 out of 5 stars I like them.
I love Steve Madden footwear. I was a little reluctant to buy these due to the low price (my order was < $60) but, what the heck, I liked the way they look in the pictures. The whole leg shaft is canvass with a zipper on the instep side. The foot portion has a VERY worn and distressed look to it. These slip on and off easily and, overall, they look pretty good...
Published 13 months ago by Bob Hoskins

4.0 out of 5 stars Just got 'em, October 25, 2013
Brandon (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
Just got these shoes and they look great. They definitely have a real worn, broken-in look if you can't tell from the pictures. If you want nice, polished shoes, these aren't the ones for you. I haven't worn them yet as I don't feel its cold enough for boots yet. Maybe in a couple of weeks. But they look great and fit well. They feel like they're too thin for really cold weather, but good for like late fall/ early winter weather. Maybe I'll be wearing them soon. I'll update my review after taking them for a test run.

Looks: 5 stars
Price: 4 stars
Comfort: to be determined
Quality: to be determined

Overall: 4 1/2 stars; I'll err on the side of caution and give them 4 stars

******updated 11/3******
So, i wore the boots a couple of times and I'm very happy with them. I've gotten several compliments and i love the look of these boots. They're actually pretty warm. I wore them in 40 degree weather and my feet got hot after a while. So, that's pretty good. I didn't expect any real warmth from these boots as they're really just for fashion. I don't plan to wear them in the snow or anything. They're just really good boots to walk thru the city on a late fall evening. They feel good, but may run a little big. Steve Madden's size 11.5 seem to fit me well even though i usually wear a 12. A great addition to my boot collection.

Updated ratings:
Looks: 5 stars
Price/Value: 4 stars
Comfort: 4 stars
Quality: 4 stars

Overall: 4 1/4 stars, have to round down to 4 stars for Amazon rating

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I expected., January 18, 2014
I usually don't purchase boots and wear a size 11 in shoes. I bought these at an 11 1/2 to be safe and they fit perfectly, so I'd recommend going half a size up when purchasing. The shoes are very stylish and were at less than half price when I bought them, so I'm very happy with this purchase. They're comfortable and look as though they will age well because of the color and design.

I would recommend these boots to just about anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars I like them., December 25, 2013

These AREN'T "Go anywhere" boots, as they would not work with dress pants and, in my opinion, are a little too distressed for Dockers / Chinos. I like them with my jeans only.

They have a slight "Swashbuckler" look to them and people do notice them.

The sizing was right on. I probably wont wear them as much as my other Steve Madden footwear due to the restrictions I placed on them.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase as these serve as good backup and casual footwear.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT ORDER THESE BOOTS. VERY POOR QUALITY., June 10, 2014
I ordered these boots near the end of april and now beginning of June the heal has ripped open. the brace in the sole has come out and I can no longer wear them. the boot looks cool but is horrible quality. I am supremely pissed. if you want to throw away your hard earned money buy these boots if not steer clear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, but fit a little too snug, May 9, 2014
Boots are great, but fit just a little too snug at the ankle when trying to put them on. Overall good boots though

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, May 7, 2014
When I put them on they were snug and doubtful of the fit. In a matter of minutes they molded to my feet and were so comfortable I couldn't believe it. Great shoes.. I hope they last a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great-looking, comfortable boots, but I'm a little worried about leather quality, May 6, 2014
Doug Boling (SEATTLE, WA, US) - See all my reviews
I got these last week and have already worn them several times. These remind a lot of the boots I used to wear in the Army and there's a nice nostalgic feel to these. Having worn traditional combat boots, I was skeptical about the side-zipper, but I have to admit that the zipper makes it miles easier to get these on and off. They look good and the canvas on the ankles makes these pretty flexible and comfortable. They still breathe well in temperatures up to the high 70s and are warm enough in the mid- to high 40s.

That said, there are a couple things I am worried about with these boots. First, the leather looks like it might be cheap or low-quality. It almost has a plasticky sheen to it, and that makes me worried that the leather grain won't break in and become more supple but will instead be prone to cracking. I'll put a couple coats of wax on them and wear them in a little more and I'll try to remember to update this with details on how the leather breaks in.

Another possible drawback I see is that the soles have no tread and are kind of a micro-ripple sole (not sure what the precise term is). I've already worn these in wet weather and through wet grass and fields while visiting a farm, and I didn't have any problems with slipping. But the lack of tread still makes me nervous about traction in slick environments.

3.0 out of 5 stars Look ok, poorly made, April 10, 2014
The shoes look very good. But the quality of leather is rather poor - a small hole wore through after 3 months of normal usying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good boots, great price, April 10, 2014
After reading other reviews I knew that theses were going to be lighter weight boots which will actually be great for summer. A little more arch support would have gotten these boots 5 stars but you can't beat the price or the look. I also own a pair of Kenneth Cole Reaction Hitman boots which are 5 star all around.

4.0 out of 5 stars Old, March 21, 2014
Boots as described by seller and customer reviews. They are second hand looking. Very rustic if it's what your looking for. Thank goodness I bought these boots through amazons warehouse deals. Good chances I would have returned them if I had paid premium dollar.

Steve Madden Men's Trackker Boot