CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Martha Stewart Crafts Lion Brand Yarn 5000-100 Knit and Weave Loom Kit
|Price:||$29.97 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$15.03 (33%)|
- Compact enough to take anywhere, the adjustable knit and weave loom kit makes knitting and weaving easy for both beginners and pros; use the included instructions to create scarves, hats, blankets, and crafts, or explore other possibilities on your own
- 30 plus configurations including weaving loom, rake loom, rosette loom, round loom plus more
- Weight: 2.9-pound; each kit measures approximately 14 by 7-1/4 by 2-inch
- Instructions and 3 project patterns included (Instruction booklet is trilingual-English, Spanish and French)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Martha Stewart Crafts Lion Brand Yarn 5000-100 Kni...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 45% off the $45.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
From the Manufacturer
Knit and Weave Loom Includes:
- (2) 36-hole straight pieces
- (2) 28-hole semi-circle pieces
- (4) 12-hole straight pieces
- (2) 10-hole U-shaped pieces
- (4) 6-hole straight pieces
- (4) 6-hole corner pieces
- 206 small-gauge pegs
- 104 large-gauge pegs
- knitting tool
- weaving tool
- crochet hook
- small and large yarn needles
- instruction booklet
Knit and Weave Loom Kit
Compact enough to take anywhere, the Knit and Weave Loom Kit makes knitting and weaving easy for both beginners and pros. Use the included instructions to create scarves, hats, blankets, and crafts, or explore other possibilities on your own.
Visit LionBrand website for videos on using the Knit & Weave Loom Kit!
- Instruction Booklet (in English, French, & Spanish)
- 30+ Configurations
- 300+ Pieces
What''s inside the box?
Detailed instructions on the many ways to use the Knit and Weave Loom in English, Spanish, and French.
Weaving loom, rake loom, round loom, rosette loom, and more!
In addition to loom accessories, there''s a knitting tool, weaving tool, crochet hook, and both large and small yarn needles!
Pictures and Patterns
Step-By-Step instructions help create many projects, with even more ideas and free patterns at LionBrand website!
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The wait for this item was a little long, but really I only ended up waiting about 11 days, I was in no hurry given the price (although I noticed the price went up 5 dollars since I ordered it on January 22,2012, got it for $23) Considering the price of wood and metal alternatives that don't have such versatility i'd say this is still a steal. I had another item in my cart and qualified for free shipping which made it even more so worth the wait.
Over all I really love this loom and it's versatility has a lot of crafty ideas swimming around in my head. If I could I'd give this item 4 1/2 stars because while it has short comings (which is why it doesn't get 5) they aren't quite worth a full star reduction.
- I can see this item lasting a very long time, the plastic is of good quality and when the pegs are placed in to secure the pieces there is virtually no wiggling.
-Versatility! I don't see me needing to buy any other looms in the future. Since this loom allows you to make a variety of sizes and shapes I'm sure it will be great for things like socks, double sided scarves, of course hats and I think with some experimenting I could make a sweater on this thing!
- The only thing you need to get started is yarn and a pair of scissors!Read more ›
My only issues are:
1. Can't find extra pegs. I am clumsy and lose little things. The pegs that fit well in the loom don't come out. Others, however, don't go in so well and have the potential for being lost. Would like to buy extra pegs someplace. Anyplace. I don't care where. Just want extra pegs!
2. Loom hook is badly designed. The wide part near the hook end means the hook has to be rotated sideways to fit through the pegs when pulling yarn through on both sides of the loom. I got around that problem by having hubby fashion a hook from an old wire hanger. He got the proper bend in the hook end, and it's just an inch longer than the plastic hook and works great. I can zip through a woven square in no time now.
Like someone else mentioned, the directions in the book are a little unclear, but I experimented a bit with the weaving part and worked it out. My very first woven squares turned out awesome! Already know how to loom knit, so I didn't bother with those directions. There are loom knitting videos on You Tube, however, for novices.
Didn't really care for the rosettes, but may experiment a little with those.
Aside from the issues above, though, the kit does seem to be well made and capable of lasting for a long time. I like the adjustability factor with different sized pegs and being able to skip peg holes.
One thing I did was to buy a plastic tool box to hold all the parts and the manual.
Nice kit overall.
1/24/12 UPDATE...Read more ›
The pegs come in two different sizes, each size in two colors for marking different type stitches or in counting.
The only drawback I have found is that the loom hook is poorly made and breaks within a very short time. I have several loom hooks so was not really a problem for me.
It is easily usable for the novice or the more advanced loom knitters. Thanks to the pieces coming apart I have also been able to link pieces together and make a chain.
This loom set is also a great for weaving projects.
I have made several items thus far and can honestly give it a 5 Star rating.
Within the first week we lost 4 pegs, so the frames are not really as travel friendly as suggested. We called Lion Brand customer service (800-661-7551)and they replaced those pegs at no charge, but a couple of weeks later we lost some more. Two things to fix the situation: We bought over-sized plastic zip bags to protect all the little parts when we travel. We also bought a second loom kit, mostly for spare parts, when it was on sale at almost half off. I personally would not buy the set at the regular price, but when it is on sale, it's absolutely worth it.
Watch the video clips about how to use the frame and its features on Lion Brand Youtube ([...]). Even somebody who already knit/weaves gets some good information out of it and it guarantees a quick and successful start.
Experiment with different yarns (sharing our weaving experience): When trying a yarn, I make small patches using double/single strands of the yarn, and single/skip-a-space peg settings. The four results are amazingly different, and I choose based on the samples which settings will work best. Please note that you absolutely don't have to use any of Martha Stewart's overpriced yarns. Experiment with any yarn that you have or like. So far my favorites are Homespun, used single-stranded, and a variety of baby yarn, used double-stranded.
I like to weave and have been using the Vintage style Weave-It or Weavette looms, but I have been disappointed that I can only use thinner yarns. The Martha Stewart Loom Kit fills that spot.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Instruction book has major errors that made me waste my yarn and hours of work. Why hasn't that been fixed? Read morePublished 2 days ago by LaTrec
This is a review by a novice. I have now made 4 hats on a loom after starting with one five days ago. Read morePublished 7 days ago by R. Waddell
The knitting hook is terribly designed. It bends and will not pull my yarn properly like the other hooks I have.Published 14 days ago by PQ
I use this all of the time. It is a great way for beginners to learn to loom knit. I did not use the book, it was easier for me to learn by watching a video on YouTube, but the... Read morePublished 18 days ago by Samantha
This is the best all in one loom i've found. I love that I can make one very long board and the different sizes of pegs. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Tatyana T. Batz