5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best! Worth the money! (Kindle Edition)
Excellent! Lots of practical and very usable information. Has guides for responding to civil complaints related to finances. Provides examples of written responses, what should be included in responses, and order of responses. Explains steps and parts included in responses and why the particular pieces of information have been or should be included.
Published on April 9, 2010 by Life

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Poorly Written
Published on October 23, 2010 by John_70

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best! Worth the money! (Kindle Edition), April 9, 2010
This review is from: Stick It To Sue Happy Debt Collectors: Learn How to Fight Debt Collection Lawsuits and Win (Paperback)

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Poorly Written, October 23, 2010
This book is so poorly written that it hinders understanding and maybe even its usefulness. It is riddled with typos, faultily-constructed sentences, grammatical errors, and it's just not clear. There's even a REPEAT of about four whole pages at one point in the middle of the book. The same exact pages appear again for no reason other than total carelessness. This book is so carelessly and poorly written that I don't even know if anyone can rely on it. I'm trying to figure out if there's anything useful in it -- that's why I've given it even two stars. The author says "get a lawyer" (if you can afford one) and "do Internet research" and "these laws/codes apply to Georgia; I don't know about your state." So how useful is this book, really? Honestly I'm quite disappointed with it. I wonder if all the rave reviews it received were written by the author himself. They say "he's one of us!" -- yeah, one of the masses who can't write a coherent sentence.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stick it to sue happy debt collectors, March 29, 2013
great information on how to fight a debit collector at their own game and win.some information is state specific so review your states court rules if you have to proceed to court.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do Yourself a Favor and Buy This Book, January 27, 2010
Good information, detailed information, necessary information throughout this book.

I am in the middle of a lawsuit brought against me, and one potentially to follow, and as a Pro Se litigant, I have an immediate need to evaluate the real world, real time experience of others.

Easy download, fair price, follow-up by the author himself. I believe we all need to coalesce and help each other to defend against these predatory banks, collusive credit rating agencies, and gutter lawyers who enable and facilitate the process.

I may not win, but I will make them prove every word, every phrase, every date, every number of their claim. The burden of proof falls to the plaintiff, the party bringing the lawsuit. This book details that, the process, at least in Allen's personal experience, affirmative defenses, and generally a way forward in the legal process, for those that need guidance.

I especially liked the section on asset-backed securities derivatives, as these banks may or may not even have the standing to sue. Also liked the part on contracts of adhesion.

Highly recommended, very informative.

I've had it with these rate-jacking banks, and I'm not going to take it anymore. I am fighting them tooth and nail, and Allen's work and experience, as set forth in this book, helps me to help myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, October 4, 2013
Thought this book was a very interesting read..... Offers a lot of information in regards to what debt collectors can and cannot do to you

4.0 out of 5 stars Very accurate information., February 5, 2015
I just finished reading this book for the third time. It is true as others have pointed out that it is written, biased toward Georgia law. The author does point this out and gives direction on locating the law as it applies to your state. I will say as others have that there are a number of spelling and punctuation errors. Some of the reviews that I have read are critical about it not being specific to their state. With this book and some time in a law library it will walk one in the direction they need for their respective state. Even lawyers have to do legal research for their jurisdiction. So take this book, read it a few times, make your notes. Then go to the courthouse where most law libraries are located, or start the online research, then "STICK IT TO SUE HAPPY DEBT COLLECTORS."

5.0 out of 5 stars I just got a dismissal on a lawsuit involving junk collector Midland Funding, April 26, 2014
This book is awesome! I just learned yesterday that a lawsuit with notorious junk collector Midland Funding was dismissed! And I owe it all to this book! It never made it past the discovery stage because I followed exactly what he said in the book. I only wish I had this valuable reference when I answered the subpoena, because it probably wouldn't have made it to even discovery. Even if you don't live in Georgia, like I do, I believe this book would still be useful. You just need to reference the laws in your state and apply them to what he says do. He needs to write another book on what to do if it does go to court, because I'm sure that would be very useful as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant Piece of Mind!, January 27, 2010
J. Silva (Tampa Bay, FL United States) - See all my reviews
What can I say - this book instantly saved my life! Mr. Harkleroad is "one of us." He's been there, done that, and he knows how hideous it feels to be victimized by aggressive Debt Collectors. He writes with common sense and expertise - a rare combination. After spending hours online trying to come up with my own solution, I took a chance and purchased this book and I am so glad I did. Why shouldn't I do everything legally possible to protect myself? These are real, practical and proven solutions. Many thanks to Allen Harkleroad for helping to empower hard-working people and level the playing field against the Debt Collecting Goliaths.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! What better time for THIS book than now?, January 26, 2010
One of the invaluable charactoristics of a great man or woman is their ability to "discern the times" and provide for what is needed in that season. Truly, Allen possesses that ability! His discernment of the times is vividly displayed in his "RIGHT ON TIME" book, "How to Stick It to Sue Happy Debt Collectors"! This book came to me in one of those "need it now" moments and after devouring the first 50 pages, I sat with jaw dropped at the information contained within these pages. How could so much information be out there without my knowing about it? Why have I felt so defeated as I swam against the tide of Debt? Quoting my favorite author, I will tell you how.."My people are destroyed by lack of knowledge!" Hosea 4:6

As I sat with bills in hand, and the phone ringing off the hook, watching gov't bail outs of bank afte bank, I would often ask myself "who is looking out for the little guy?" I have found him! Allen Harkleroad!

The information provided in this book is not simply "he said, she said" second hand information that sounds good on paper. This book contains tried and true step-by-step tactics formed from investigation that would take years for the "common man" to pull together. (And he did!). Allen has implemented this information into his own situations, stood as David against Goliath, and WON!!!

Allen is one of US. He doesn't come from some corporate board room with a hidden agenda with this information. He pulls this weapon straight from the hip and shows even those with no formal education in law how to shoot it..and shoot it straight!
With all of the banks being bailed out recently by our gov't, I believe that it is TIME for the "little man" to be able to hold on to some of our hard earned money. Allen teaches his readers how to legally do just that, turning the tables on those ruthless debt collectors, and sending them scurrying back into those dark corners in which they lurk.
Hurray! WE REALLY CAN WIN!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money and buy a book regarding this issue written by a lawyer., April 30, 2012
I think this book is excellent if you live in the state of Georgia. The author gives you examples of what he has experienced in his own dealings with being sued by creditors. But again, his examples and citations of cases are specific to the state of Georgia. Plus the court cases that he sited, you'll find will not be very useful to you because you're case will be different. Mine was so his advice didn't really prove to be useful to me.

It seems like the debtors who sued him were just stupid and sloppy. They made really, really sloppy and GLARING mistakes like not attaching basic documentation to their summons. Or attaching handwritten stuff. Just really, stupid things. My creditors were much smarter and thorough then that. Anyway, I was in a panic and I went on youtube and found someone else who was an attorney specializing in this type of stuff. I spent money on his e-book and currently I'm using his information. No, I have absolutely ZERO connection to this guy nor have I put any of his information on this review because I don't want people to think I'm repping someone else's books. I'm mentioning it because it's best to buy books or get advice from attorneys who specialize in this madness.

My recommendation do not by this book unless you live in Georgia.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›