Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 5, 2015
I just finished reading this book for the third time. It is true as others have pointed out that it is written, biased toward Georgia law. The author does point this out and gives direction on locating the law as it applies to your state. I will say as others have that there are a number of spelling and punctuation errors. Some of the reviews that I have read are critical about it not being specific to their state. With this book and some time in a law library it will walk one in the direction they need for their respective state. Even lawyers have to do legal research for their jurisdiction. So take this book, read it a few times, make your notes. Then go to the courthouse where most law libraries are located, or start the online research, then "STICK IT TO SUE HAPPY DEBT COLLECTORS."
on April 26, 2014
This book is awesome! I just learned yesterday that a lawsuit with notorious junk collector Midland Funding was dismissed! And I owe it all to this book! It never made it past the discovery stage because I followed exactly what he said in the book. I only wish I had this valuable reference when I answered the subpoena, because it probably wouldn't have made it to even discovery. Even if you don't live in Georgia, like I do, I believe this book would still be useful. You just need to reference the laws in your state and apply them to what he says do. He needs to write another book on what to do if it does go to court, because I'm sure that would be very useful as well!
on April 9, 2010
Excellent! Lots of practical and very usable information. Has guides for responding to civil complaints related to finances. Provides examples of written responses, what should be included in responses, and order of responses. Explains steps and parts included in responses and why the particular pieces of information have been or should be included.
on October 23, 2010
This book is so poorly written that it hinders understanding and maybe even its usefulness. It is riddled with typos, faultily-constructed sentences, grammatical errors, and it's just not clear. There's even a REPEAT of about four whole pages at one point in the middle of the book. The same exact pages appear again for no reason other than total carelessness. This book is so carelessly and poorly written that I don't even know if anyone can rely on it. I'm trying to figure out if there's anything useful in it -- that's why I've given it even two stars. The author says "get a lawyer" (if you can afford one) and "do Internet research" and "these laws/codes apply to Georgia; I don't know about your state." So how useful is this book, really? Honestly I'm quite disappointed with it. I wonder if all the rave reviews it received were written by the author himself. They say "he's one of us!" -- yeah, one of the masses who can't write a coherent sentence.
55 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2015
I won my case using this book! It's the Holy Grail...
on January 27, 2010
Good information, detailed information, necessary information throughout this book.

I am in the middle of a lawsuit brought against me, and one potentially to follow, and as a Pro Se litigant, I have an immediate need to evaluate the real world, real time experience of others.

Easy download, fair price, follow-up by the author himself. I believe we all need to coalesce and help each other to defend against these predatory banks, collusive credit rating agencies, and gutter lawyers who enable and facilitate the process.

I may not win, but I will make them prove every word, every phrase, every date, every number of their claim. The burden of proof falls to the plaintiff, the party bringing the lawsuit. This book details that, the process, at least in Allen's personal experience, affirmative defenses, and generally a way forward in the legal process, for those that need guidance.

I especially liked the section on asset-backed securities derivatives, as these banks may or may not even have the standing to sue. Also liked the part on contracts of adhesion.

Highly recommended, very informative.

I've had it with these rate-jacking banks, and I'm not going to take it anymore. I am fighting them tooth and nail, and Allen's work and experience, as set forth in this book, helps me to help myself.
on December 23, 2015
As a consumer credit consultant, I enjoy reading books on debt collection. Many are worthless. This one is a WINNER!
on February 9, 2013
this has been a lifesaver for us. since my husband lost his job a couple years ago we have been dealing with creditors. we never tried to avoid paying but we also could not afford the payments they were trying to stick us with. this book helped us see that we did not have to let them control us and we have been able to win 3 court cases and set up reasonable payments with the remaining three. finally we are seeing light at the end of the debt tunnel.
on November 4, 2011
Before I bought this book, I read the reviews and was a little hesitant. But I was in desperate need of some advice I couldn't afford. I'm glad I bought it because it really helped in my situation. BUT like the other reviews said it has some grammer probs, but you can get past it. And NO IT DOESN'T REPEAT ITSELF. If the person/people would read the part that LOOKS like a repeat, they would see that one section is for original creditors and the other is for third-party deb collectors. It looks similar but becareful because there are areas that have different wording for each situation. I recommend this to all that is looking for help and can't afford it. But I warn you...if you buy the paper book and not the download one, then you will spend hours on computer typing up the paper work needed for your situation. But worth the money!
on April 30, 2012
I think this book is excellent if you live in the state of Georgia. The author gives you examples of what he has experienced in his own dealings with being sued by creditors. But again, his examples and citations of cases are specific to the state of Georgia. Plus the court cases that he sited, you'll find will not be very useful to you because you're case will be different. Mine was so his advice didn't really prove to be useful to me.

It seems like the debtors who sued him were just stupid and sloppy. They made really, really sloppy and GLARING mistakes like not attaching basic documentation to their summons. Or attaching handwritten stuff. Just really, stupid things. My creditors were much smarter and thorough then that. Anyway, I was in a panic and I went on youtube and found someone else who was an attorney specializing in this type of stuff. I spent money on his e-book and currently I'm using his information. No, I have absolutely ZERO connection to this guy nor have I put any of his information on this review because I don't want people to think I'm repping someone else's books. I'm mentioning it because it's best to buy books or get advice from attorneys who specialize in this madness.

My recommendation do not by this book unless you live in Georgia.
66 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse