Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 22, 2007 11:16:17 AM PDT
I offer both investments and life insurance, so I'm sort of in between on the topic. To say "Buy term and invest the rest" works for everyone simply isn't true. I think if you want to do any serious long term planning you need to have a whole life product. From my experience if you don't need life insurance at retirement, then you probably have an estate problem and need whole life insurance anyways.

Anyone who says an average person can expect an "easy 11%" from the market is shaming the financial industry. Looking at the S&P 500 over the past 20 years, the average return might indeed be 11% or higher, BUT... the ACTUAL return is about 9%. This means if you had $100,000 20 years ago and invested it as a lump sum you might have indeed gotten an 11% return, but if you were spreading those investments out over the same 20 year period, your return would only be around 9%. THEN take out taxes (now it's about 6%) and WAIT, don't forget management fees (1-2%). Finally, what is your real rate of return: Probably not very good, finally add in inflation you might have lost money.

My advice: Find someone who's more educated and experience to give you advice on YOUR situation. In the long run I'd make way more commission off of financial accounts than life insurnace, so ignore the 1st year of high commissions your agent might make. If they do you good service, it's worth it.

Branden Bunch's posting on this site is good example. For every objection posted here I could come back with a simple fact to show they are misinformed, but there have been so many incorrect statements I can't tackle them all at once. ASK QUESTIONS, ESPECIALLY "WHY..." WHEN SOMEONE TELLS YOU SOMETHING AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE FACTS TO FIND THE REAL ANSWERS.

Posted on Aug 16, 2009 7:21:53 PM PDT
Buying Term life insurance is impoverishing Americans and the country. Read my book and see for yourself.

The book is LIFE INSURANCE - The Cause of Economic Prosperity by Dorlan H. Francis

I took on Norman Dacey and demolished him. He knew nothing about Life insurance and has misled America and the world. See for yourself.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  May 22, 2007
Latest post:  Aug 16, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
What's Wrong With Your Life Insurance
What's Wrong With Your Life Insurance by Norman F. Dacey (Paperback - May 1966)
4.3 out of 5 stars (33)